Matt Penney Contract

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

The pigs got Brooks signed up this time last year on a 4-year deal and sold him 9 months later for £11.5mill having played 33 games.

I fully expect at least the first part of this scenario.

Why the foook would Penney sign for the pigs?

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I'm.aware of how they.operate, but I think there's a fixation with them on here that breeds blind panic.

It's almost as if now we've started to show signs of competence on the pitch again we've immediately rolled back to the Doyenagedon story again

:goalie:

With academy and development side doing top job bringing talent in and developin it, it hurts watching us failing to keep our best prospects at the club.

Hope it stops with Penney. Also hope that we wont offer to make him highest paid player in his age group. We are hardly keep any young talent doing well and atracting interest from higher up the food chain offering sh1tty contracts like that.

Young and talented english players are in demand, and are going for top buck, we simply can't afford to lose them on cheap.

7 hours ago, malek said:

With academy and development side doing top job bringing talent in and developin it, it hurts watching us failing to keep our best prospects at the club.

Hope it stops with Penney. Also hope that we wont offer to make him highest paid player in his age group. We are hardly keep any young talent doing well and atracting interest from higher up the food chain offering sh1tty contracts like that.

Young and talented english players are in demand, and are going for top buck, we simply can't afford to lose them on cheap.

With the likely departures of very well paid/overpaid senior pros next year, I’m fully expecting us to sign all of our youth team players involved with first team to long term deals that are competitive in salary to what other clubs would pay for a first team squad member. 

Not the silly money money we were chucking around but an average salary for a champ player all the same.

You’d think that Pudil departing funds both Penney and Thorniley to long term deals. Same with Westwood and young keepers. 

Abdi, Jones, Boyd... all way through to past favourites of mine Hooper and Lee. I think the days of us having ‘star players’ that were bought from higher up food chain are likely behind us. And our average wage per player should drop in line with other clubs around us. Having 5-10 players north of 25-30k is a recipe for disaster but having odd one mixed into a squad of hungry / talented players should do nicely! 

On 02/10/2018 at 15:10, David1867 said:

Do you really think everyone does that? Nothing stopping someone whispering something into his ear. 

Robert Redford likes to whisper in horses ears. We might be able to get him to have a chat with him.

Plus, if he’s got $1m to offer Demi Moore for one night of rodgering, then he might be able to throw some pennies at Penny to keep him at S6.

15 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

I think you need to look at a lot of others rather than just Doyen who operate in similar ways across loads of clubs and across loads of leagues all over the world rather than constantly trying to make out that they are the world's worst and we're the world's biggest mugs constantly.

Yeah , but others don't have inside info on us Doyen do.

And that's a pretty big clay mug Chansiri made.

On 07/10/2018 at 08:32, sw1867 said:

What evidence do you have to support your latest claim Fred?

See our contract with Doyen - who are Penny's agents - on Football Leaks.

It contains no confidentiality clause , nor a paragraph to stop them poaching our top kids (for free).

32 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Ive not seen that. Would you mind posting a link please. Thanks

Scouting Agreement https://openload.co/f/EHkjiKPWTuI/Sheffield_Wednesday_%26_DSI_-_Scouting_Agreement.pdf 

You may also wanna see Doyen's (or whatever called now ) Wikepedia entry, under 'Conflicts of Interest' paragraphs.

Pretty damning and most issues pre - date Chansiri's ownership here.

May be he doesn't have Google. 

Edited by fred mciver
  • Thanks 1

The club need to avoid a PR own goal on this - if Penney is turning out in a Leeds shirt (or whoever else) next season then the mood is going to turn downright ugly. Given our options at left back, we might as well accept him as an established first team player and pay him accordingly, it's not like with Hirst when he had no first team experience to match his pay demands.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
1 hour ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

if Penney is turning out in a Leeds shirt (or whoever else) next season then the mood is going to turn downright ugly.

I genuinely doubt that

Let’s be fair, Penney looks nothing like the ‘real deal’ quite yet, in fact I’d say his last few performances have been jittery and lacking quality (which of course is to be expected as he’s still progressing)

Think people need to calm down a little, and see how this one plays out. He’s shown potential to be a good championship wing back, but nothing more at this stage