Matt Penney Contract

51 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Jos has both hands and legs tied behind his back and is doing wonderfully well, if sometimes his team selection and rotation of the squad seems some what strange.

But its the CEO job to manage the squad and get rid of the players not needed and waiting for their contracts to run out anyone could do that for probably a lot less money.

I think resolving the FFP problem, albeit only short term, but sufficient to allow us to give new contracts to Bannan and Joao and sign two loans was great work by the CEO. 

I am also pretty certain she will be in constant contact already with the Football League to try and steer us through the same mess at the end of this season. 

I would think this was the main task she was given , infact the main reason she was given the job and dread to think where we would have been without her .

I have no idea what will happen with Matt Penney.

I saw him play many times for our development squad and was an advocate of him being given a chance in the first team.

Letting his contract run out this season does not reflect well upon the club,are we going to lose yet another young player for next to nothing..?

Make absolutely no mistake if an EPL or ex EPL club want him £20,000 plus a week will be nothing for them to pay and we will lose him.

That is the competition we are facing today.

Oh and IMO we have another young man currently playing centre back in the first team who needs his current contract improving.

UTO

5 hours ago, Beholder said:

I've always thought this situation is different because of Jos and the fact Penney wouldn't be in this position if it weren't for Jos giving him a chance. 

I think Penney will be loyal to the club now. 

Then again it depends on the kind of offer we give him. It needs to be a first team wage. 

Old saying goes, Loyalty breeds loyalty.

If we offer to make Penney "highest paid player ever in his age group", or some other silly "slap in the face" sort of contract then I guess there is a good chance that he will leave.

On the other hand if we offer him in a bracket to what we are offering to other first team players, then it would makes most sense for him to stay at club that he loves, he knows, and where manager is having great deal of faith in him.