Jordan Rhodes

Sincerely hope he does well. if he flops at Norwich we will not be able to get him out on loan next year or sell him. Therefore it is in our best interest he does well. I was concerned he was not starting for Norwich as this does not enhance his reputation.

I read what the manager at Norwich said about him that game would suit him as they could get him in the box a lot and this is where his finishing is very good. Think this is accurate description of his style. Opportunities to do that in Championship these days with style of play are not as common hence more difficult for him to score.

21 hours ago, Brommers said:

Who was the last Wednesday player to score a hatrick?

Is this a trick question, then if so, then it as to be Rhodes, last night. He's still Wednesday player.

13 hours ago, prowl said:

We aren't really talking about his time with us which I admit wasn't his best.

He's scored 2 league goals in 9 games at Norwich and the deluded on Owlstalk are having a rose tinted wankathon about a hat trick vs Wycombe.

"Omg Tracy did u see that second goal it were amazing"

He almost bankrupted our club and scored 8 goals in 48 games at an estimated cost incl. wages of 1.35m pounds per goal.

Jeezu. The Jordan Rhodes messiah fan club really needs to get a reality check.

11 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

No he didn't, because:

a) he didn't sign himself for that fee - that's on Chansiri

b) we're not even close to bankrupt

Weve also received 2m (I believe) back against his fee and he remains on our books as a salable asset. 

If if you thought hard you could probably get through the alphabet! 

4 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

He's scored 2 league goals in 9 games at Norwich and the deluded on Owlstalk are having a rose tinted wankathon about a hat trick vs Wycombe.

He almost bankrupted our club and scored 8 goals in 48 games at an estimated cost incl. wages of 1.35m pounds per goal.

Who's fault is that, did Jordan Rhodes hold the club to ransom and demand that Chansiri sign him.

Once he signed did he demand that our clueless manager change his game to suit his dire tactics and then hang him out to dry.

I think you'll find the answer on both counts is a resounding NO.

5 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Came on as a sub in alot of games with CC in charge, hung out to dry publicly regarding the playoff penalty’s, didn’t hold the club at gunpoint to sign him, wages probably not determined by him, previous form was there to be seen etc etc etc 

fail to see how a lot of things can be blamed on JR to be honest. Not worked out here I agree but just hope he can get confidence and we can either use or sell at a later date. 

7 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

He didn't nearly bankrupt our club, whoever decided to sign him at the price asked and agreed his wages is the one who nearly bankrupted our club. WTF do you expect him to say 'sorry I'm not signing, the price is too much and I could never accept that much in wages'.

Get real.

I don't understand why posters have such a vicious hatred of the guy. It didn't work out, move on. If he does well at Norwich we stand to benefit, it's better for us so why the desire to see him fail?

• Thanks 1

Good for him as is clearly a nice guy. Shame we bought him when declining and not before. Hopefully this loan will mean we can get some cash for him. Don't think he will comeback and start as can't get in Norwich League side. But maybe he will start after a Hat-trick. Hope it goes well for him.