Jordan Rhodes

8 hours ago, Ash76 said:

He can't get in their side can he? Found his level tonight, remember what i said to you over a year ago pal, L1 beckons for him

He’s featured in 9/9 of their games. Scored twice. Out of interest what’s your thoughts about our ‘best’ forward Fessi? Does him not starting every game mean he’s finished now too? 

3 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

It was a fumble I’ve seen it tbf yep he scored it but how he scored it was pretty funny reminded me of some of his fumbles for us that didn’t go in

That one was disallowed - his second was a curling clip onto top corner from outside the box. 

So he scored a hat trick, had one disallowed and also missed at least one sitter with point blank header early on being well saved. Could have had five or more. All credit to him and hope he manages to do it in league, especially against all our rivals! 

Being selfless, I’m delighted for him. Nice guy, works hard, had a rough time at a Boro and us. Deserves a change of luck.

Being selfish, it’s great too. Every goal he scores for Norwich ups or maintains his price-tag. Five goals in 600 minutes this season. OK, three were in the Carbonara Shield, but a striker thrives on confidence, and hopefully he will kick-on from here.

7 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

I don't get this opinion re. Rhodes when all you ever ramble on about is the chairman wasting loads of money on past it players and their big wages.

He is arguably  THE biggest gamble, mistake and flop (all with hindsight of course) of DC's reign.

(I actually hope Rhodes regains his confidence and form by the way and am happy for him tonight).

That's my point, Rhodes didn't knock on Chansiri's office door and demand that he sign him for Sheffield Wednesday on a huge transfer fee and massive wages, DC did this as he did with other signings whilst up to his neck in FFP, that's unforgivable, it's not Rhodes, Abdi, Westwood or any other players fault we have coming to what we do should we fail to get up this year.

34 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

That's my point, Rhodes didn't knock on Chansiri's office door and demand that he sign him for Sheffield Wednesday on a huge transfer fee and massive wages, DC did this as he did with other signings whilst up to his neck in FFP, that's unforgivable, it's not Rhodes, Abdi, Westwood or any other players fault we have coming to what we do should we fail to get up this year.

100% mate …..

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

I was hoping to never see this players name again on Owlstalk other than, 'sold for 5m' but I guess that's fantasy. 

He could score a hundred goals this season against whomever and I still would never want to see him in an Owls shirt as he contributes little and for me Fletch, Matias, FF, Joao,  Hooper are much better footballers with attributes which collectively and individually create different types of problems for opposition. 

Pace, power, movement, trickery, aerial, cunning, ball carrying. 

When Rhodes plays on the shoulder even my gran could catch up and she's been dead 16 years God bless. Not what we need but good luck to him elsewhere in terms of market value.

If any striker scored a hundred goals in a season his team would walk the league.  I'd take that in a heart beat.

Wolves went up last year with 82  and Cardiff 69.

Rhodes isn't about playing on the shoulder, he's about positioning and quick reactions. 

I think with Rhodes, if he’s not 100% confident and sharp in the mind his game isn’t anywhere near as effective as he doesn’t have other attributes to fall back on.

If you see the goals at Blackburn he is pre empting things and simply thinking quicker than anyone else and taking the chance clinically. Whatever happened since leaving there he has lost a bit of that and it only comes in flashes. It happened to Billy Sharp for a while at Leeds where he was ok but a move to United has seen him find his form again. 

Id love it if he did well there and either came back here firing or we eased our financial commitments as a result. 

Edited by Bluesteel

4 hours ago, Philb125 said:

That one was disallowed - his second was a curling clip onto top corner from outside the box. 

So he scored a hat trick, had one disallowed and also missed at least one sitter with point blank header early on being well saved. Could have had five or more. All credit to him and hope he manages to do it in league, especially against all our rivals! 

Sorry my bad I meant his first he fell over himself lol 

Edited by Lomas613

2 hours ago, prowl said:

If any striker scored a hundred goals in a season his team would walk the league.  I'd take that in a heart beat.

Wolves went up last year with 82  and Cardiff 69.

Rhodes isn't about playing on the shoulder, he's about positioning and quick reactions. 

Such quick reactions he managed to head the ball over the bar vs QPR from almost on the goal line. Brilliant.

Show me one goal he scored for Wednesday with quick reactions and I'll show you four misses due to sluggish ones

Edited by DuttyTeabags
Slug

17 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Such quick reactions he managed to head the ball over the bar vs QPR from almost on the goal line. Brilliant.

Show me one goal he scored for Wednesday with quick reactions and I'll show you four misses due to sluggish ones

We aren't really talking about his time with us which I admit wasn't his best.

16 hours ago, Ash76 said:

He can't get in their side can he? Found his level tonight, remember what i said to you over a year ago pal, L1 beckons for him

This is your opinion only and not exactly backed up by hard facts is it?

The facts are that only 5 players have made 9 appearances for Norwich this season. One is the goalie and another of the remain 4 is JR.