Forestieri off to Leeds

Surely makes more sense to have him here playing week in week out, get his price back up and then see where we are in January.. If he's bang on form then his price will be premium again and see what offers come in. Hopefully we could then start a bidding war. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

2 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Cobblers.  We bought st's because we're Wednedayites and can afford it.  I must have seen literally hundreds of players come and go over the years.  I support the club, not any transient player.  They'll all leave one way or another.

I agree with this!! 

I think many many on here mistake enthusiasm and support. My support is not caveated by who wears the shirt, the weather, our form, our manager the league we play in etc etc! 

My enthusiasm however! That can change, but for one reason or another I’m a Wednesday fan and I’ll be that way until I die.  

9 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

So, you are saying that your support for Sheffield Wednesday is totally unconditional.  

Is that right ?

Mine is ...thought all fans were...you support who you support end of...

33 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Thats the rumours around the club from someone who works there, on loan till January then a transfer. Dont know if its gonna happen or not, but thats the rumour around the staff

Bloody Nora - I hope you weren't told in faith you'd keep it stum.

Whoever works at the club isn't doing a great job with confidentiality either. 

Going to be brave and call 'untrue' - if I held a position at SWFC I'd be concerned if what I'd told someone found its way to a public forum.

Personally I'd be sad to see him go - such a talented player.

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Cobblers.  We bought st's because we're Wednedayites and can afford it.  I must have seen literally hundreds of players come and go over the years.  I support the club, not any transient player.  They'll all leave one way or another.

how's it cobblers? not everybody is a 'true fan' i work with 2 season ticket holders who hadn't the will to turn out at the end of carlos' reign.

the vast majority who go are wednesdayites, not being fortunate to go every game does not rule you out of such a title, only as a 'true fan'.

some of us go on holiday, or work shifts, but even in seasons when i've missed no home games and only 50% of aways i've paid on the gate, i guess i thought at the time wednesday needed the money,

besides true fanism' should take travelling distance into consideration too.

I don't want to believe the rumours...but I stood watching Forestieri walk around the pitch slowly and deliberately clapping all 3 sides of the ground by himself.

I thought to myself it seems more like an end of season lap of honour than just and end the match courtesy gesture.

Had a feeling it was because he thought he may be leaving.

Anyway...probably just my overactive and negative imagination.

Also, if I was the Leeds owner, right now is exactly the right time to strengthen the squad and spend the money. They look very very good and it would make sense to give it a real go.

I would be gutted if Fernando left and joined Leeds, but I could see why both clubs would do it.

We had our chance at promotion and blew it I'm afraid. We need to regroup and restructure over the next 2 season's and hopefully go again.

£15m or above - cash in 

Leeds will be there or there abouts, we won’t 

Last year of his contract, recoup £15m and wisely respend, or play the long game and look after finances for a while 

I’m with whatever the club decides to do on this 

• Haha 1

Just now, FreshOwl said:

£15m or above - cash in 

Leeds will be there or there abouts, we won’t 

Last year of his contract, recoup £15m and wisely respend, or play the long game and look after finances for a while 

I’m with whatever the club decides to do on this 

He has two years left on his contract.