Forestieri off to Leeds

6 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Forestieri is a quality Championship player, but if we did sell him and brought in £10M+, then it's a no brainer for me at the moment (assuming we can use the cash to strengthen).  

We need players in other areas and we have players who can play in Forestieri's position.  Sell one to bring two or three in that improve the team?  Yes, definitely.  

Yes, but FF's destination is also important.

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I don't believe it, and I think that until the window closes we'll have to put up with these stories

Selling our best player to a local rival to help them get promoted, whilst concurrently beggaring the fans with some of the highest ticket prices in the division, is a clanger that surely even Chansiri wouldn't drop.

If FF were for sale there'd be clubs with more financial muscle than Leeds in for him.

What worries me is that some fans would sanction it.

it's possible that the westwood and ff situation is jos (and dc) trying us out for surviving without the pair, as IF fit none of it makes too much sense.

I doubt he’s off to Leeds. People have some weird sadistic need to invent/believe the worst possible scenario and worry themselves silly that it’s true. I’m sure there will have been interest though and I’d be surprised if FF hasn’t been spending a bit of time considering his options.

2 minutes ago, dnhc said:

it's possible that the westwood and ff situation is jos (and dc) trying us out for surviving without the pair, as IF fit none of it makes too much sense.

True.

Or, thinking that Westwood would be off, Jos told Dawson that he's his numero uno and now cannot retract it.

Likewise FF could still not be 100% so he's limiting his game time.

15 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Will be some truth in it.

But what chairman would risk a FFP embargo on the strength of massive gamble that could go either way.:rolleyes:

£5M nett spend so far

+

£12M FF + £2M wages?

After wages and assuming no more transfers, they will be well over £25M for this season, if they don't go up this season they will be in big trouble next..lol

To be fair though the value of transferz gets divided by the contract years. So £12m transfer and 4 year contract would only take £3m loss plus wages this year. 

18 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, but this isn't just about our getting promoted, it's about trying to nobble Leeds' attempts too.

When Francis dithered over signing Cantona, he not only blew our chances of winning the title but gifted the title to Leeds.

When you pot a ball you have to think where the cue ball's going.

I'd offer FF to the parachute clubs rather than sell him to Leeds.

Francis didn’t dither Cantona was always on his way to Leeds WTF:

6 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:
1 hour ago, chizumgeorge said:

Thats the rumours around the club from someone who works there, on loan till January then a transfer. Dont know if its gonna happen or not, but thats the rumour around the staff

I could not edit the post earlier, due to phone charge expired.. But you are talking BS,. the  only rumors are heresay  (how do you know the rumors going around THE club..? 

Your mate is in a dodgy position for continued employment if true.. 

Why post this s*it? 

3 minutes ago, blakey1959 said:

Francis didn’t dither Cantona was always on his way to Leeds WTF:

Francis brought him here to sign him.

But he lacked the confidence to do it.

That's why he always signed his mates.

So we finished up with Sinton instead of Sinclair, who replaced Sinton at QPR.

Wilkinson, seeing the opportunity and keen to hit out at Wednesday's board whenever possible, pounced.

10 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

True.

Or, thinking that Westwood would be off, Jos told Dawson that he's his numero uno and now cannot retract it.

Likewise FF could still not be 100% so he's limiting his game time.

On current form, we'll need to score at least two goals every game to carry on winning.

We can't keep clean sheets.

Edited by theowlsman