Forestieri off to Leeds

2 minutes ago, trev said:

I don't want to believe the rumours...but I stood watching Forestieri walk around the pitch slowly and deliberately clapping all 3 sides of the ground by himself.

I thought to myself it seems more like an end of season lap of honour than just and end the match courtesy gesture.

Had a feeling it was because he thought he may be leaving.

Anyway...probably just my overactive and negative imagination.

Also, if I was the Leeds owner, right now is exactly the right time to strengthen the squad and spend the money. They look very very good and it would make sense to give it a real go.

I would be gutted if Fernando left and joined Leeds, but I could see why both clubs would do it.

We had our chance at promotion and blew it I'm afraid. We need to regroup and restructure over the next 2 season's and hopefully go again.

Yes, but this isn't just about our getting promoted, it's about trying to nobble Leeds' attempts too.

When Francis dithered over signing Cantona, he not only blew our chances of winning the title but gifted the title to Leeds.

When you pot a ball you have to think where the cue ball's going.

I'd offer FF to the parachute clubs rather than sell him to Leeds.

4 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

I agree with this!! 

I think many many on here mistake enthusiasm and support. My support is not caveated by who wears the shirt, the weather, our form, our manager the league we play in etc etc! 

My enthusiasm however! That can change, but for one reason or another I’m a Wednesday fan and I’ll be that way until I die.  

do you think the rest of us 'aren't wednesday until we die?

anybody who supports or follows this club and is a 'pothunter' is a f***ing simpleton, and that's sadly been true for decades now.

you'd be willing to pay championship entry prices for 4th. division football? 

my post claimed that some would be wanting a 'refund' IF ff was sold i think that is true, add to that some would want a reduction in potg prices, and some would limit their attendances.

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

Yes, but this isn't just about our getting promoted, it's about trying to nobble Leeds' attempts too.

When Francis dithered over signing Cantona, he not only blew our chances of winning the title but gifted the title to Leeds.

When you pot a ball you have to think where the cue ball's going.

I'd offer FF to the parachute clubs rather than sell him to Leeds.

100% agree...but maybe they are the only club willing to meet our valuation...sadly.

Will be some truth in it.

But what chairman would risk a FFP embargo on the strength of massive gamble that could go either way.:rolleyes:

£5M nett spend so far

+

£12M FF + £2M wages?

After wages and assuming no more transfers, they will be well over £25M for this season, if they don't go up this season they will be in big trouble next..lol

Just now, dnhc said:

anybody who supports or follows this club and is a 'pothunter' is a f***ing simpleton, and that's sadly been true for decades now.

my post claimed that some would be wanting a 'refund' IF ff was sold i think that is true, add to that some would want a reduction in potg prices, and some would limit their attendances.

They'll not be missed.

Just now, debram said:

are you the one that said he wouldnt be in the squad yesterday.

Probably. 

Think the op has caught a few whoppers here. 

Perhaps something happens next week, but we keep playing and risking this player who is allegedly lined up for a lucrative move. 

Forestieri is a quality Championship player, but if we did sell him and brought in £10M+, then it's a no brainer for me at the moment (assuming we can use the cash to strengthen).  

We need players in other areas and we have players who can play in Forestieri's position.  Sell one to bring two or three in that improve the team?  Yes, definitely.  

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Probably. 

Perhaps something happens next week, but we keep playing and risking this player who is allegedly lined up for a lucrative move. 

If he hadn't jumped out of the way of that horror tackle yesterday.  It would all have gone down the toilet.  

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Probably. 

going nowhere, wish the rumour mongers would pack it in

7 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

They'll not be missed.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! THEY WILL, they always are, and once you've paid your money, the potg's are better thought of than you, you've given what you can for this season, they can give every month, and the club desperately needs that, along with the limited income that you've paid.

Edited by dnhc
addition to

I don't believe it, and I think that until the window closes we'll have to put up with these stories

Selling our best player to a local rival to help them get promoted, whilst concurrently beggaring the fans with some of the highest ticket prices in the division, is a clanger that surely even Chansiri wouldn't drop.

If FF were for sale there'd be clubs with more financial muscle than Leeds in for him.

What worries me is that some fans would sanction it.

4 minutes ago, dnhc said:

I think until we are turning a profit, prices are where they are. We won’t or are unlikely to turn profits in this league, without occasionally selling a player for more than we’d bought them for. 

I havent read your post but had read replies to conversation where supporters appear to be stating they’d not have bought a ST if we only had 6 forwards that are above average on this league. 

As a supporter for the best part of three decades, with or without Fessi we have the best group of forwards I remember. If he goes then the Piazon story makes more sense as we have: Fessi, Fletch, Hooper, Jaoa, Winall, Matias and Rhodes out on loan. Oh forgot Nuhiu.... you see too many to even list!

And a deficit of 20-30m hmmm I wonder where our beloved club is going wrong? 

2 minutes ago, dnhc said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! THEY WILL, they always are, and once you've paid your money, the potg's are better thought of than you, you've given what you can for this season, they can give every month, and the club desperately needs that limited income that you've paid.

POTGers won't come back in numbers unless prices drop.

It might be some time if ever.