Monstrosity of a starting line up

58 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I don't think anyone has asked him to throw bottles or wave his arms around but a fair few, me included have wanted him to show more enthusiasm whilst on the touchline. One close win will not alter my view on that.

what would you like him to do?...….

Guest Willow Owl
4 hours ago, james o connor said:

Shitfan whos 30 quid better off , with better blood pressure . Sad times that somebody who’s watched us get stuffed at tranmere on a Wednesday night , Leyton orient and Exeter should think that way 

Wawaw

47 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Wigan must be close to being top scorers so far, makes the 3 we conceded against them not as bad as it felt at the time! They should have won at the weekend as well.

A bit like a certain side from last year, they appear to be on the crest of a wave following their promotion. 

They're going to be a difficult side to face for the next few months. 

Guest Willow Owl

Just got back and catching up. FFS dont some people make themselves look proper T.. S, starts a thread thinking i ll make myself look good by jumping on the Jos out bandwagon and slagging off the team selection, Has actually made himself look a proper t. t w.. k.  Still think we are searching for our best line up, but all 11 gave 100% and only deserve praise. Roll on Saturday. 

Apologies for rant but 10pints of Strongbow on a school night clouds your judgement. Hickkkk

4 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Are you going to apologise to Mr C? After all he picks the team and they did ok tonight :rolleyes:

lol  There weren't many that were shocked at that line up. Lets see how it goes, too many games last season where we did well and then fell away. consistency is the key.......

But....in defence. Take a look at the Match day thread.....

5 hours ago, bazapeps said:

Out of interest in what basis do you think is the right man?

tonights line up again appeared like he'd pulled names out of a hat. Not for the first time. 

Honestly, just admit you f*cked up, show some humility, and admit this is why you aren't a football manager. It isn't that hard. You mouthed off, got it wrong, and got humiliated on the internet, not the first, won't be the last, but still, PLEASE can you tantrum about every team lineup, it actually helps

• Like 1

I think we’ll look back at the end of the season on the night the word monstrosity worked it’s way from bazapeps keyboard/phone and found it’s way on to Owlstalk very much in the same way last season is remembered for Carlos getting very physical with a £20 note.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The c0ck that sits near me on the Kop slagged Fletcher off from minute 1 until he went off. 

Kind of fan thats expecting that a player cannot make any mistakes at all and if they do, they aren’t even non league standard. 

He’s at it every week. Had it all last season with various players. This is the arsehole that watches champions league matches on his phone and spends more time on Bet365 than watching the match. Actually makes me not want to go. Is it possible to move my season ticket elsewhere ?  It can’t be long before someone twatts  him 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

The c0ck that sits near me on the Kop slagged Fletcher off from minute 1 until he went off. 

Kind of fan thats expecting that a player cannot make any mistakes at all and if they do, they aren’t even non league standard. 

He’s at it every week. Had it all last season with various players. This is the arsehole that watches champions league matches on his phone and spends more time on Bet365 than watching the match. Actually makes me not want to go. Is it possible to move my season ticket elsewhere ?  It can’t be long before someone twatts  him 

You certainly can move your st to another seat. Speak to the ticket office they will help you

18 minutes ago, Vaughan said:

Please don't make knobs like him make you not want to go Vaughan.

Where abouts on the Kop do you sit mate?

And yes, it's easy to relocate your seat.

UTO!

8 hours ago, bazapeps said:

I never realised Jos was so popular! 1 win and he's a hero and a genius. 

Im delighted for the young lads and really hope they improve from the experience. Thorniley in particular was excellent. 

But over 46 games a line up like that sadly looks like relegation fodder. Even Sunderland won the odd game last season.

Im not trying to be critical of those particular players but the situation remains in the grand scheme of things. Just look at the money we've invested and then look at the back 5 we had out tonight. 

Prior to the game there were very few that agreed with that line up. 

I couldn't see much wrong with it, it was well documented that Forestieri was carrying a knock so was likely to be on bench. 

Thorniley  has never let us down and lots of fans including me have been shouting to give Matt Penney a chance. 

Pudil went off injured at Brentford so was never likely to be involved. 

3 of 4 defenders and goalkeeper were all academy products which is brilliant to see. 

You’ve got to give credit where it’s due. I was also perplexed when I saw the starting lineup, annoyed that FF was on the bench. 

But they made me eat my words, and I’m absolutley over the moon about that. Excellent performance from start to finish and exactly what we’ve been asking for. The young ‘uns were brilliant.

I’m not totally convinced by Jos, but if he can get that level of performance out of the team then it gives me hope. Certainly didn’t expect that after Sunday’s display.

Same again on Saturday please. 

1 hour ago, Vaughan said:

I had this with a guy, until he used abusive and threatening language to my then 12 years old son, suffice to say he moved seats  following me having a ‘word’ with him.

• Like 2