Monstrosity of a starting line up

12 minutes ago, katie melua said:

Did Jos show any sort of passion tonight? Did he throw his arms in the air, shout at players, throw bottles on the ground if things didn't work out etc?? One of the key requirements to be a successful manager?

Nope, thought not

Still, Coronation Street was well worth the watch! 

To be fair, he probably spent more time in the technical area than usual, offered encouragement, contested a few decisions.

1 minute ago, bazapeps said:

I never realised Jos was so popular! 1 win and he's a hero and a genius. 

You know perfectly well that is not the case. Put your dummy back in.

...but the situation remains in the grand scheme of things. Just look at the money we've invested and then look at the back 5 we had out tonight. 

Prior to the game there were very few that agreed with that line up. 

Plenty of people need to get a little humility and perspective when it comes to football. There have been hundreds, if not thousands of posts about the mismanagement of the club from the boardroom and the mess it's left us in. It is by no means a secret and our situation remains perilous. But none of that is the fault of Luhukay or his players. Granted, he's still struggling to find the best options, but there has to be some sense of realism about what he inherited. And our dependence on youth at the back is a telling indictment of our financial and recruitment strategies.

Out of interest in what basis do you think is the right man?

tonights line up again appeared like he'd pulled names out of a hat. Not for the first time. 

I guess you should pick the team based on whatever. He sees players in training every day, I guess he knows something about them... perhaps more than you do.

I said before the game what a fantastic line up this was and that we would score two goals and be comfortably in the front. I also said that they would score from a misplaced header back to the keeper from Lees. And that everyone would have a twitchy bum bum for the remainder of the game. 

I forgot to post it it but I definitely said it. 

On a serious note. I was a bit flabbergasted by the team but was glad to see a change in formation and a few youth players. 

Really enjoyed watching tonigts game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The line up was risque and when I saw it I was worried, particularly against a big, physical unit of a side like Millwall. 

But, it is in part reflective of our current situation, both on and off the pitch. We haven't been able to bring in new players and a number of senior pros are either injured or not playing particularly well. 

Jos has taken a gamble and it has worked. Clearly, he recognised (like the rest of us) how crap we were against Brentford and has rung in the changes. 

It's paid off and he deserves credit, much like he deserved criticism after Brentford. 

The OP wants to have his cake and also eat it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

I never realised Jos was so popular! 1 win and he's a hero and a genius. 

Im delighted for the young lads and really hope they improve from the experience. Thorniley in particular was excellent. 

But over 46 games a line up like that sadly looks like relegation fodder. Even Sunderland won the odd game last season.

Im not trying to be critical of those particular players but the situation remains in the grand scheme of things. Just look at the money we've invested and then look at the back 5 we had out tonight. 

Prior to the game there were very few that agreed with that line up. 

Nobody’s saying Jos  as turned into Pep guardiola over night we have all questioned some of his decisions but sometimes it’s easier to say well done  Jos played a blinder today son let’s build on this win and move forward because the last few weeks as been pretty poo to say the least ....

Good performance tonight but let's be honest, the line up was, and still is very questionable to say the least.

...and let's be honest no one has got egg on their face after one flipping game.. 4 points from 4 games kinda proves this.

I still don't want Jos as our manager and I can't see him succeeding here in the long run, would love to be proven wrong at the end of the season.

Bannan was immense tonight and the youngsters played really well. Definitely a lot of positives to take.

@Sonny Hope you landed a massive -EV BTTS acca with our game in.

Just now, nickswfc said:

Good performance tonight but let's be honest, the line up was, and still is very questionable to say the least.

...and let's be honest no one has got egg on their face after one flipping game.. 4 points from 4 games kinda proves this.

I still don't want Jos as our manager and I can't see him succeeding here in the long run, would love to be proven wrong at the end of the season.

Bannan was immense tonight and the youngsters played really well. Definitely a lot of positives to take.

@Sonny Hope you landed a massive -EV BTTS acca with our game in.

:biggrin:

Really thought that joke would be way too niche.

2 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

Sorry, I don't agree.

There's a big difference between saying that you weren't confident about our line-up before the game, especially after Sunday's showing and having a full-on tantrum where you declare that we were going to get hammered, that the manager hasn't got the tiniest clue what he's doing, that we're going to be relegated and all that hysteria..