The Money's got to come from Us

5 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri once said that he'd spend £200 million to get us up.

But he's not allowed to.

It wouldn't matter if he were as rich as Croesus.

It's about turnover.

The only way we can increase turnover is by putting our hands in our pockets.

The money's got to come from us.

We'll all have to pay a tenner a game more, including ST holders.

It's a packet of fags and a pint.

Either that, or we're in the brown up to our necks.

Alternatively the club could explore other avenues of revenue. They could perhaps do away the right to free commentary on away games and make people pay for the privilege. Sure everyone would get behind that.

3 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

I would gladly put more money into the club if they came up with a decent scheme 

That's the thing

All the schemes and offerings so far have come from a place where the fairies live

It's not that difficult this one

Just do some research, find out what the FANS want as they're going to be the ones buying it (or not as demonstrated with Club 1867 which was batshit crazy)

The Chairman cannot possibly be either surprised or disappointed when fans don't flock to things like the £90 membership which had the absolute nerve to come with discount vouchers for the Megastore (of all places - the one place that fans have said for years they find it impossible to find anything worth buying) and then say 'ah yeah and you can't use them on replica shirts'

Yeah you're alreyt Mr Chansiri - NO TA

So frustrating because it's so so so easy to get right and yet we get Club1867, and the membership scheme offered

It's almost a total disrespect to our fanbase

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

That's the thing

All the schemes and offerings so far have come from a place where the fairies live

It's not that difficult this one

Just do some research, find out what the FANS want as they're going to be the ones buying it (or not as demonstrated with Club 1867 which was batshit crazy)

The Chairman cannot possibly be either surprised or disappointed when fans don't flock to things like the £90 membership which had the absolute nerve to come with discount vouchers for the Megastore (of all places - the one place that fans have said for years they find it impossible to find anything worth buying) and then say 'ah yeah and you can't use them on replica shirts'

Yeah you're alreyt Mr Chansiri - NO TA

So frustrating because it's so so so easy to get right and yet we get Club1867, and the membership scheme offered

It's almost a total disrespect to our fanbase

Can't fault you that it's frustrating when you really want to help the club.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

“I’m a lot happier” – Summer departed Sheffield Wednesday player happy to move, not about money

Former Sheffield Wednesday winger Urby Emanuelson has told the Dutch media he’s happy to now be back in his home country with FC Utrecht.

The 31 year old spent last season at Sheffield Wednesday, but failed to make an impact due to injury.

Speaking to Voetbal International, Emanuelson was asked about his return to the Netherlands, following his time abroad: “I earn a lot less money here, but I’m a lot happier than the last few years abroad.”

Emanuelson arrived at Hillsborough last summer, and much was expected of the former Ajax and AC Milan player. However, he didn’t start any games for Sheffield Wednesday, before injury ruled him for several months.

Despite returning towards the end of the season, the player wasn’t involved in the club’s two playoff games with Huddersfield Town, and he was eventually released at the end of last season.

Emanuelson’s failure to deliver would have come as a blow to the Championship side, after he revealed himself to be one of the highest earners at the club.

Some of our dealings involving transfers are dodgy as fizz.

Saw it coming in the middle of last season I'm afraid. Over relience on dc and his fake companies at the expense of local companies, fleecing fans left right and centre. He has no clue how to run a football club, I'm not entirely convinced he is a business man at all. It's all a bit odd.

• Like 2

Guest Hillsborough Mole
11 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

I’m afraid it will have to come from you because it isn’t coming from me. In years past I spent my last penny on SWFC, but whilst DC is there I won’t be spending anything. He is not a man I want to give 1p to.

This

5 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri once said that he'd spend £200 million to get us up.

But he's not allowed to.

It wouldn't matter if he were as rich as Croesus.

It's about turnover.

The only way we can increase turnover is by putting our hands in our pockets.

The money's got to come from us.

We'll all have to pay a tenner a game more, including ST holders.

It's a packet of fags and a pint.

Either that, or we're in the brown up to our necks.

Don't care enough, sorry. 

What's a packet of fags and a pint for some is a pair of kids shoes to someone else isn't it?

It all depends which way you want to spin it to suit yer corner 

An extra tenner

On top of a ridiculous price anyway

The only thing I would spend an extra tenner on would be to get some poor sod a season ticket that had been priced out of going to the games

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

What's a packet of fags and a pint for some is a pair of kids shoes to someone else isn't it?

An extra tenner

The only thing I would spend an extra tenner on would be to get some poor sod a season ticket that had been priced out of going to the games

Could not agree more. 

Well said fella. 

32 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

An extra tenner

This .... he ain’t getting a penny off me . Complete joker 

Can I ask can we actually say get bent to efl and sign who we want and go for it or does every transfer have to be signed off by them so they have absolute final say. I really don't understand how wolves got away with this and no one thought hang on a sec? We are a massive club averaging 26k a game how the hell can Bournemouth with 10k have the correct turnover to be able to buy 30 million pound players ???? It's about time this massive gap between the premier league and the rest of the league's was sorted out as it's completely biased and unfair. How can normal teams ever really have a chance ???

1 minute ago, owls_wawaw said:

Can I ask can we actually say get bent to efl and sign who we want and go for it or does every transfer have to be signed off by them so they have absolute final say. I really don't understand how wolves got away with this and no one thought hang on a sec? We are a massive club averaging 26k a game how the hell can Bournemouth with 10k have the correct turnover to be able to buy 30 million pound players ???? It's about time this massive gap between the premier league and the rest of the league's was sorted out as it's completely biased and unfair. How can normal teams ever really have a chance ???

Wolves didn't breach FFP.

Some right mind games going on.

Just enjoy the football if you can, that's your role as fans. It is Mr C's responsibility to sort the finances out, that's his mess to clear up, he created it, and sorting it out benefits him financially.

Just watch the football and praise or moan accordingly about that. I hate people who try pushing their responsibilities towards others. Not our problem!

9 minutes ago, owls_wawaw said:

Excellent question !!

I don't know the answer to that.

Write to

CEO.

c/o Burnley FC .

Yorkshire Street Burnley 

Lancashire ..

They will more than likely be pleased to assist with any questions you may have ?

UTO .....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3