The Money's got to come from Us

2 minutes ago, owlmanc said:

Does that look likely? Look at the money that has been wasted in the last 3 years. Spending stupid wages on the likes of Urby Emanuelson for example...

True.

That's why we need an adviser.

Until that happens, we'll never progress.

The signings in that first season were really good relative to what we paid.

It's since Roeder and co' left that we've wasted money.

2 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I’m not spending another penny until I get an adequate explanation and apology for everything from Carlos not being fired earlier, to the fitness and medical debacle, to our frankly embarrassing and inconsistent transfer policy. 

Fair play to those willing to spend. I’m just feeling further removed than ever from the club. 

Each to their own,but an apology really,being a supporter/fan entitles you to nothing.

The club have wasted so much money in the last two seasons, signing players with little to no resale value and paying handsome wages into the bargain.

Meanwhile, ticket prices, shirt prices, and memberships have risen exponentially.

Wednesday fans already pay through the nose to follow our team. Asking us to pump more into a club who seem to be hellbent on wasting it is a bit rich (excuse the pun).

17 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri once said that he'd spend £200 million to get us up.

But he's not allowed to.

It wouldn't matter if he were as rich as Croesus.

It's about turnover.

The only way we can increase turnover is by putting our hands in our pockets.

The money's got to come from us.

We'll all have to pay a tenner a game more, including ST holders.

It's a packet of fags and a pint.

Either that, or we're in the brown up to our necks.

Just now, owlmanc said:

Does that look likely? Look at the money that has been wasted in the last 3 years. Spending stupid wages on the likes of Urby Emanuelson for example...

Can’t happen, he’s already had the dosh for season tickets sold way into the future.

What are his chances of getting an extra £230 per season for those?..

Wrong.

The money that both we and Chansiri have invested is more than enough, it just needed spending better. 

In fees alone, we have spend in excess of probably £30m on players either not playing regular or just not good enough.

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

For what they have delivered, I think Chansiri should apologise to the fans. 

I'll leave that to you and those that think they deserve some kind of apology,explanation,can't quite get my head round that thinking................hey ho.

Yes, the club are only really allowed to spend the money it has earned to stay within FFP rules. But if Chansiri knew we were going to break those rules, why not say f**k it and throw a load more of his money at it. May as well have truly deserved the punishment.

6 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I guess it ends when we go up.

Then we'll be rolling in it.

We wouldn't be. Chansiri would.

This "supporters need to do their bit" line has gone as far as it can in my opinion; people are running out of patience and/or funds to continue to support a regime which throws good money after bad.

Now if he was offering a share option that may be different, but he isn't, and he won't. He wants supporters to shoulder the financial burden, while he runs the whole show his way.

I'm afraid he is trying to have his cake and eat it.

Just now, SiJ said:

At the moment you'd be better off investing in a pyramid scheme :duntmatter:

Aye.

I'm not saying it's fair, because it isn't.

I'm not saying I like it, because I don't.

Everything that everyone has said is true.

But what else can we do????

Chansiri's only bothered about money, so the only way we can induce him to take on an adviser is with a financial carrot.

With the right advice fiascos like this probably wouldn't reoccur.

So how do Brentford (and others) turn out excellent entertaining footballing sides year after year on half the support we have and not ripping off their fans in every way possible?

It's nowt to do with us coughing up it's how well the existing funds are spent and ours might as well have been peshed up the wall. 

The advisors and recruiters want firing for a start. 

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Aye.

I'm not saying it's fair, because it isn't.

I'm not saying I like it, because I don't.

Everything that everyone has said is true.

But what else can we do????

Chansiri's only bothered about money, so the only way we can induce him to take on an adviser is with a financial carrot.

With the right advice fiascos like this probably wouldn't reoccur.

You can’t do anything.