The Money's got to come from Us

The whole tenner more each ticket is a misleading notion, it is not that simple. It may stand up if the club fanbase was solely made up of single people who buy nothing else but a ticket. 

But the reality is there are a lot of us funding kids to go etc, and then we need to eat and drink, and we might want the odd shirt etc.  So numerous escalating costs, all shoving the price up. Add to that many of us whose wages haven't been climbing in line with everyday costs for quite a number of year's now, let alone the price's of what the club wants me to pay. 

To be honest, if it was just a case of rocking up to the ground for 90 minutes straight from home and back, I wouldn't bother. Match day's are more than just that for a lot of people, so ticket price is just one factor. I've noted previously that the increasing costs have changed what we do match days, and a lot of these changes involve paying money outside the club. So whilst they get more from me me ticket wise, they are losing elsewhere.

Two of my kids are adult age, one working and one at Uni, and without my funding them they wouldn't to go, due to the cost. And if I didn't would they be future tickets holder's when they could afford, who knows lives change, but why risk it? I think you can price people out of it, and having such a narrow view on costs doesn't plan for the future. 

Edited by Anus

Not read all the pages on this but “we need to put more money in” lol

think we have all done our bit. I don’t know another club that screws it’s fans as hard as Wednesday does. I buy season tickets for me and my son who’s 12. He’s had the kit £94 lol. I don’t know where this is going to end. £99 shirts, £90 memberships - these have to be world record figures. The pricing of kids is scandulous and will do us no favours when it comes to the next generation of fans. (£15 for a 12 year old to watch a friendly game). Now you can’t listen to Wednesday on the radio either.

DC has massively misjudged his audience here we are charging similar ticket prices to Man City FFS. How can he charge anymore? It’s not possible and why should we put more in? It’s a joke and the club is becoming a laughing stock. Talk about a badly run club. It’s gonna be toxic this year if things don’t improve. Wrongly or rightly fans are not going to accept paying premium prices in every area for sub standard football on the pitch. 

22 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Spot on.

But how do we bring  a Brentford scenario about?

It's never going to happen unless Chansiri gets proper advice.

This is at the heart of what I'm saying.

It's not just the money to alleviate FFP, or whatever they call it now, it's about trying to induce Chansiri to seek different advice.

Half the problem is Chansiri won't take advice and wants to micro manage everything, often badly. So if we did manage to get good advisors and recruiters in would he be willing to listen. 

Chansiri's wealth was inherited sure but I thought he was supposedly a successful business man come international real estate developer. Elev8 + D Taxis!? The lack of commercial development since he has taken over is amazing. If the club started buying up, redeveloping the surrounding areas of Hillsborough as housing, commercial ventures, etc (something he is supposedly an expert at) and we had a genuine source of non match day income coming in we could heavily subsidize our losses and prices while we are stuck in this godforsaken league for the foreseeable.

The club don't make money so they need to start investing in businesses that do make money or we are just going to go completely broke. The goal is to become financially self-sustaining without premier league tv money. In the long term non-football investment can be ploughed back into the squad and other matchday and non matchday ventures until we have the financial infrastructure to support a genuine tilt at the top flight without financially crippling a bunch of working men in one of the poorest areas in the country.

Edited by TrueOwl

3 minutes ago, Vic Flange said:

Half the problem is Chansiri won't take advice and wants to micro manage everything, often badly. So if we did manage to get good advisors and recruiters in would he be willing to listen. 

That I can't answer.

But we've two hurdles to negotiate.

Firstly the embargo, and secondly Chansiri not having the proper advice.

A fans' kitty, sitting above the fight, would give us a chance of tackling both.

26 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Then the best thing to do is withdraw the money not donate more

The thing is that when I advocated withholding funds to force Chansiri into ousting Carlos last season, I was met with similar censure.

You're damned if you do ...

47 minutes ago, ka58 said:

Stockholm syndrome.

46 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

That would make sense if you could find anyone who likes him at the mo.

On 29/07/2018 at 03:00, @owlstalk said:

I'm gonna go one further than that and say that I really really Love him

Like properly love him

He's amazing

I love him

lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

The thing is that when I advocated withholding funds to force Chansiri into ousting Carlos last season, I was met with similar censure.

You're damned if you do ...

You can put a pound in or you can put fifty million in but if it's spent badly it makes no odds what you do.

35 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

or fill the shop with stock at the right price

Sell the corporate places at the right price

Sort out the matchday prices to increase the walk up

Sell the player sponsorship and perimeter advertising (don't buy this theory that DC is coughing up for this 're D-taxis, Elev8 drink etc, 

Stop signing crocks

Stop losing saleable assets for nothing

Stop paying over the odds for players we don't need

These are the basics. Why can't Chansiri or Meire, 2 supposedly intelligent people, get these right?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Because they buy better players more cheaply.

Which we did in that first season.

Then Chansiri arrogantly decided to do it "his way".

And to think that some fans didn't want Roeder near the club.

OK, his managerial record is patchy, but his knowledge of players and scouting is first rate.

Agree re Roeder.

Bringing him in along with Pearson was a smart move. I wonder what happened?

• Like 1

How about dropping the prices of the corporate boxes and pay on the gate . If you sell at a lower rate more people are inclined to buy them, boosting attendance, if your averaging 26,000 from a 40,000 stadium thats potentially up to 14,000 extra bums on seats, so while losing a little on singular tickets by selling more you gain more profit?? Standard business sense. 

10 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

One of the biggest fan bases, highest attendances, highest priced tickets in the league. It really doesn't need to come from us.

Yadda yadda yadda....

Over the last 10 years the gap between the PL and the EFL has grown hugely!!!!

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

I don't like it, but I'll do it.

IF, and I repeat IF, Chansiri is prepared to take on an football adviser.

And NOT a foreigner.

Somebody who knows this division, and understands the game as it's played here.

We could raise £5 million over the season.

There's just no other way.

£5 million would be like throwing a cocktail sausage through wicker arches FFS.

Can't believe I"m posting in this thread as it's clearly a windup but here we go...

It's a business

Run by a Chairman and CEO 

Prices are at all time record highs

The fans have literally given absolutely everything they possibly can

Many fans now are totally priced out, and isolated, and even worse made to feel like scummers for not being able to afford to go.

Now....

Instead of looking at FANS to get Chansiri out of the mess he's created and looking to FANS to shell out more money to shovel into the pockets of football agents, how about we look at the Chairman coming up with ideas and initiatives to pull in big business, sponsorships, deals from huge companies and local businesses who would fall over themselves for the deals he can put on the table?

There's the simple answer. Advertising, Sponsorships, Stadium Naming Deal, Programme advertising, billboard and pitchside advertising. 

Instead of it just being CHANSIRI we need it to be all kinds of businesses, big and small who fall over each other trying to ram the cash into Chansiri's pocket because the deal is so good that he's offered.

THAT is the money that will make a difference to our situation NOT fans money

Anyone seriously genuinely asking fans to contribute a penny more right now is totally on the windup

Owlstalk Shop