The Money's got to come from Us

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Are you sure about that?

Who governs the cash and holds it back?

the cash comes in day 1 but it is recognised in the annual accounts as income over the3 year period - that's accounting principles that all companies have to work to.  In our case the amount of cash in the bank means nothing - its the annual losses we make as this is what counts for FFP.  On a brighter note just think what last year's £20m loss would have been if it didn't have 1/3 of the 3 year season ticket sales as part of the income.   

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Redfern Froggatt said:

Don't think it works like that - the revenue from the 3 year ST sales is realeased over the 3 years - not all in year 1.  All the 3 year schemme did was give the club the certainty of the income over this period - not a treasure chest day 1

Is still cash in the bank whichever way you look at it 

And forms the basis of a contract for services provided by the club to a customer at a given price for the term of the contract.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Ah got ya - so in the accounts

But he can still spend the actual cash though right?

yes but in the accounts that will be expenditure and if that expenditure is more than income then we've made a loss and its the accumulation of losses that kills us under FFP 

Just now, Redfern Froggatt said:

yes but in the accounts that will be expenditure and if that expenditure is more than income then we've made a loss and its the accumulation of losses that kills us under FFP 

Got ya.
Thank you for explaining
It's still early and I've not had enough coffee yet this morning

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Blatter said:

Is still cash in the bank whichever way you look at it 

And forms the basis of a contract for services provided by the club to a customer at a given price for the term of the contract.

Got ya.
Thank you for explaining
It's still early and I've not had enough coffee yet this morning

lol

now that you've got it can you have a word with Blatter - I'm no lawyer but even I know the law of contract has got f**k all to do with how much cash you've got in the bank.

1 minute ago, Mole said:

I must have missed the bit where Huddersfield spent £200 million to get promoted. I suppose it helped that all their fans paid a grand each for a season ticket. 

Huddersfield's rise to the Premier League as a club with a playing budget of less than £12m draws comparisons with previous promotion winners such as Bournemouth and Burnley.

Owlstalk Shop

Huddersfield's rise to the Premier League as a club with a playing budget of less than £12m draws comparisons with previous promotion winners such as Bournemouth and Burnley.

Spent in the right places. Decent manager, fantastic loans etc.

18 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri once said that he'd spend £200 million to get us up.

But he's not allowed to.

It wouldn't matter if he were as rich as Croesus.

It's about turnover.

The only way we can increase turnover is by putting our hands in our pockets.

The money's got to come from us.

We'll all have to pay a tenner a game more, including ST holders.

It's a packet of fags and a pint.

Either that, or we're in the brown up to our necks.

Not a chance. I bought a three year season ticket because we were promised premiere league football not only has that become impossible but staying in this league will be a struggle. As if I'd pay more money on top of what I've forked out already when we keep getting fed lie after lie and false promises. Chansiri needs to sort his own mess out. 

Why is everything always down to the fans? When things go wrong, and when things need putting right?

Do we own the fecking club? Will we earn a profit if it ever reaches the Premiership?

No, we’re just treated like punters, all community spirit, and the feeling of family, is waning rapidly. So, if we’re punters, we’ll pay for the service if it’s worth the outlay. And if it is not, we won’t. End of.

The CEO and the Chairman can sort out the fecking mess. We’ll watch the football, or not, depending on the quality and cost.

That’s how it bloody works!

Taking the bleeding pish!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Maxine said:

Not a chance. I bought a three year season ticket because we were promised premiere league football not only has that become impossible but staying in this league will be a struggle. As if I'd pay more money on top of what I've forked out already when we keep getting fed lie after lie and false promises. Chansiri needs to sort his own mess out. 

Well that's your fault investing in something that wasn't guaranteed isn't it lol

(Not that I'm advocating fans spend any more than they already have of course... we've been milked enough)

3 x multi-year STs

Done my bit and not even sure the club will outlast the STs the way we are going.

Rip-Off won't be getting another Penny from me either. He has totally squandered funds we have not seen the like of for a generation.

It may be his money but he has put us up shhit creek without a paddle.

Our successful businessman has no idea, not a clue and has systematically marginalised just about everybody that cares or might care about this club.

Totally inept.

1 hour ago, Redfern Froggatt said:

now that you've got it can you have a word with Blatter - I'm no lawyer but even I know the law of contract has got f**k all to do with how much cash you've got in the bank.

You’ve missed the point by not reading the post I was responding to whereby the poster thought season ticket holders should pay an extr £10/ game.

39 minutes ago, 33 said:

3 x multi-year STs

Done my bit and not even sure the club will outlast the STs the way we are going.

Rip-Off won't be getting another Penny from me either. He has totally squandered funds we have not seen the like of for a generation.

It may be his money but he has put us up shhit creek without a paddle.

Our successful businessman has no idea, not a clue and has systematically marginalised just about everybody that cares or might care about this club.

Totally inept.

One of reasons I didnt want to dip into my savings again to extend my 3 year season ticket is that I wasnt confident enough that the club wouldnt go into administration and I would lose the money.

Now I must add I dont think that will happen but not that confident I was going to risk £2k plus of my life savings on it.

Its like being a compulsive gambler. You lose a load of dosh then throw a load more at it to try and recover what youv'e already lost knowing the money will go down the same drain. The only way round this is to bet wisely by studying the form book and listening to expert advice. Only bet if you trust your money with the person who's giving you the advice in the first place.

15 hours ago, kobayashi said:

I’m afraid it will have to come from you because it isn’t coming from me. In years past I spent my last penny on SWFC, but whilst DC is there I won’t be spending anything. He is not a man I want to give 1p to.

As someone who, for the past 10 years has paid for a box 1 game per season, for the past 30 years has had 2 season tickets (which aren't always used) and for the last 20 years has travelled a round trip of 330 miles for each home game,  I agree 100% with this comment.

It's becoming increasingly likely that this will be my last season following the Owls live due entirely to the way the club is being run. I have a lot more things I could worry about than Wednesday and it would free up my Saturdays for something more enjoyable

11 minutes ago, hertsowl said:

As someone who, for the past 10 years has paid for a box 1 game per season, for the past 30 years has had 2 season tickets (which aren't always used) and for the last 20 years has travelled a round trip of 330 miles for each home game,  I agree 100% with this comment.

It's becoming increasingly likely that this will be my last season following the Owls live due entirely to the way the club is being run. I have a lot more things I could worry about than Wednesday and it would free up my Saturdays for something more enjoyable

You see, when I suggested yesterday that the fans have their own kitty, effecting change was at the heart of the idea.

As will be proven later today, Chansiri doesn't care about our opinions, only about our money.

All I'm saying is that's Sheffield Wednesday now.

It isn't your club any more, it's his - lock, stock and barrel.

The money we put into the club is a little like a vote in an election.

So, if you buy a three-year season ticket then in essence you've forfeited any say for three years.

Clearly, I'm not advocating our giving Chansiri a tenner a game with his track record.

I wanted us to have our own kitty to use as a lever to bring about change, and to spend as we see fit.