The Money's got to come from Us

I know this will go down like a fart in an elevator but coming from a limited income perspective I liked the hull idea of monthly memberships for say 40 a month and you could go to home games and get discounts off etc. As I simply can't justify a 100 a home game for me and my boy when you take into account tickets prices petrol food and al la cocahana lol

8 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri once said that he'd spend £200 million to get us up.

But he's not allowed to.

It wouldn't matter if he were as rich as Croesus.

It's about turnover.

The only way we can increase turnover is by putting our hands in our pockets.

The money's got to come from us.

We'll all have to pay a tenner a game more, including ST holders.

It's a packet of fags and a pint.

Either that, or we're in the brown up to our necks.

He could sell some of his equity in the club and wipe out some of the debt

36 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Maybe DC can start some more " business`s " to sponsor us. 

That will bring in money. 

How about replacing the now departed sausage cottage with the " D- cottage " fast food van ? 

E-Taxis. You’ll be there in a whizz. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Chansiri once said that he'd spend £200 million to get us up.

But he's not allowed to.

It wouldn't matter if he were as rich as Croesus.

It's about turnover.

The only way we can increase turnover is by putting our hands in our pockets.

The money's got to come from us.

We'll all have to pay a tenner a game more, including ST holders.

It's a packet of fags and a pint.

Either that, or we're in the brown up to our necks.

It’s not about getting more money in....it’s the way we bleedin waste it in the transfer market...aweful buys....injury prone uninterested players...that’s the chairman and managers fault

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Hughdowd said:

It’s not about getting more money in....it’s the way we bleedin waste it in the transfer market...aweful buys....injury prone uninterested players...that’s the chairman and managers fault

You're right.

Since that first year we've spent shedloads on bob.

Things started to go awry when Roeder left and he went it alone.

The fragrant Chansiri needs advice.

I'm advocating that we have our own kitty.

If the Siamese Shylock wants that money, then he'll have to institute changes of your choice.

I'm not suggesting that we all give him a tenner a game more unconditionally.

I'm sorry to say that Chansiri's only interested in your money HD, not your opinion.

2 hours ago, owls_wawaw said:

Can I ask can we actually say get bent to efl and sign who we want and go for it or does every transfer have to be signed off by them so they have absolute final say. I really don't understand how wolves got away with this and no one thought hang on a sec? We are a massive club averaging 26k a game how the hell can Bournemouth with 10k have the correct turnover to be able to buy 30 million pound players ???? It's about time this massive gap between the premier league and the rest of the league's was sorted out as it's completely biased and unfair. How can normal teams ever really have a chance ???

Ya know when a team gets to the premier league and the hundreds of millions of pounds that goes with it,that allows Bournemouth the luxury of buying £30 million players,not that hard to understand really.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Maybe DC can start some more " business`s " to sponsor us. 

That will bring in money. 

How about replacing the now departed sausage cottage with the " D- cottage " fast food van ? 

Or maybe the club could go out and earn some real revenue from real companies selling real things that people in Sheffield might just want to buy rather than the pathetic sight of made up companies offering not existent products.

Im sure that Chansiri is far too important to convince Mick's Roofing Services and the like that they are wanted and needed but £1 of real revenue is worth £10 of made up D taxis.

Edited by kobayashi

12 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Ya know when a team gets to the premier league and the hundreds of millions of pounds that goes with it,that allows Bournemouth the luxury of buying £30 million players,not that hard to understand really.

Get bent lol

Well the propaganda worked on you didn’t it sir. Ticket prices and revenue from fans equals promotion? How many examples and times before people stop standing up for sheer greed and taking advantage of the fans. Us and Norwich had highest tickets last year. Who won the title? Who finished 2nd? Investment can come from other areas and basically our transfers were catastrophic. 8 million on Rhodes! 3 million Abdi! 2.8 million Jones! Jones! Ticket prices do not equal promotion. Good scouting and buying players for cheap selling on high and building good football connections for the right loan deals and transfers is what I can see works. We have bought high and sold on for peanuts so yeah FFP looks bad. But that is the clubs fault not ours! We shouldn’t be the ones paying for their mistakes. Ticket prices should be cheap and stay cheap. Shooting for the PL can have consequences that I don’t want to see this club go through again. Just run the club right and don’t spend all your money on a knackered striker when we already had 7 strikers at the club! I know Chansiri might not like to hear that but he is going to have to be more patient and change strategy otherwise the club will hit more issues fast. 

DC has sanctioned wasting millions on appalling signings, ridiculous wages, stupid commitee, Belgian lawyer whilst alienating thousands of fans. He is already bleeding the fans dry, not another penny from me. Why don’t our fans get it that he bought us as a business with the potential to quadruple his investment in a short space of time but he failed miserably?

16 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

For me, though, it's not just about trying to combat this embargo.

It's a lever to get Chansiri to take on an adviser.

Look at the players we signed at first, before Chansiri went it alone.

With the right advice it isn't necessary to blow money as we have of late.

Yep, like rodents or detest them Roeder got us some good bargains through the door.

Then we went a bit Abdi,  Jones and Rhodes.  Imagine having that 14m to play with again and what you could get from good pacey lower Div players or Prem loanees. 

Crazy...

Well i aint paying a penny more than i have to in, until DC gets a proper football person in to run the football club on a sound footing.

It's scandalous the amount of money has been pissed away already leaving us in a position of a transfer embargo.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kobayashi said:

Or maybe the club could go out and earn some real revenue from real companies selling real things that people in Sheffield might just want to buy rather than the pathetic sight of made up companies offering not existent products.

Im sure that Chansiri is far too important to convince Mick's Roofing Services and the like that they are wanted and needed but £1 of real revenue is worth £10 of made up D taxis.

In years to come when Chansiri is a long distant memory there will be discussions like 

"Hey - you remember that time when we had all those reyt weird made up sponsors because we couldn't source/land any real ones?"

It won't be a time to proudly look back on that's for sure

Owlstalk Shop

18 hours ago, Blatter said:

Can’t happen, he’s already had the dosh for season tickets sold way into the future.

What are his chances of getting an extra £230 per season for those?..

Don't think it works like that - the revenue from the 3 year ST sales is realeased over the 3 years - not all in year 1.  All the 3 year schemme did was give the club the certainty of the income over this period - not a treasure chest day 1

1 minute ago, Redfern Froggatt said:

Don't think it works like that - the revenue from the 3 year ST sales is realeased over the 3 years - not all in year 1.  All the 3 year schemme did was give the club the certainty of the income over this period - not a treasure chest day 1

Are you sure about that?

Who governs the cash and holds it back?

Owlstalk Shop