The Money's got to come from Us

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can't believe I"m posting in this thread as it's clearly a windup but here we go...

It's a business

Run by a Chairman and CEO 

Prices are at all time record highs

The fans have literally given absolutely everything they possibly can

Many fans now are totally priced out, and isolated, and even worse made to feel like scummers for not being able to afford to go.

Now....

Instead of looking at FANS to get Chansiri out of the mess he's created and looking to FANS to shell out more money to shovel into the pockets of football agents, how about we look at the Chairman coming up with ideas and initiatives to pull in big business, sponsorships, deals from huge companies and local businesses who would fall over themselves for the deals he can put on the table?

There's the simple answer. Advertising, Sponsorships, Stadium Naming Deal, Programme advertising, billboard and pitchside advertising. 

Instead of it just being CHANSIRI we need it to be all kinds of businesses, big and small who fall over each other trying to ram the cash into Chansiri's pocket because the deal is so good that he's offered.

THAT is the money that will make a difference to our situation NOT fans money

Anyone seriously genuinely asking fans to contribute a penny more right now is totally on the windup

Surely any SUCCESSFUL BUSINESSMAN would be all over the above like a rash?

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Can't believe I"m posting in this thread as it's clearly a windup but here we go...

It's a business

Many fans now are totally priced out, and isolated, and even worse made to feel like scummers for not being able to afford to go.

Now....

Instead of looking at FANS to get Chansiri out of the mess he's created and looking to FANS to shell out more money to shovel into the pockets of football agents, how about we look at the Chairman coming up with ideas and initiatives to pull in big business, sponsorships, deals from huge companies and local businesses who would fall over themselves for the deals he can put on the table?

There's the simple answer. Advertising, Sponsorships, Stadium Naming Deal, Programme advertising, billboard and pitchside advertising. 

Instead of it just being CHANSIRI we need it to be all kinds of businesses, big and small who fall over each other trying to ram the cash into Chansiri's pocket because the deal is so good that he's offered.

Anyone seriously genuinely asking fans to contribute a penny more right now is totally on the windup

I totally agree.

But there's just one problem; how do you plan to induce Chansiri to do all of those things?

You see, I've tried to tackle this problem from both angles.

Last season, when Chansiri wouldn't sack Carlos and we were heading for the drop, I advocated staying away and starving him of cash.

But that didn't suit.

Now I've suggested using cash as an inducement to get him to bring on board an adviser who understands this league and British football.

That doesn't suit either.

So how exactly are we going to get him to do the things you say?

We got away with it last time because Swansea took Carlos from us.

We might not be so lucky next time.

Just now, Athelwulf said:

I totally agree.

But there's just one problem; how do you plan to induce Chansiri to do all of those things?

You see, I've tried to tackle this problem from both angles.

Last season, when Chansiri wouldn't sack Carlos and we were heading for the drop, I advocated staying away and starving him of cash.

But that didn't suit.

Now I've suggested using cash as an inducement to get him to bring on board an adviser who understands this league and British football.

That doesn't suit either.

So how exactly are we going to get him to do the things you say?

We don't need to mate

Chansiri is the Chairman and 100% totally utterly responsible for the current situation

It's not the fans place to get him out of it

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

yep, £5m as she shortfall Milan was making up, and we weren't really competing then- everything's one through the roof since then too.

If the full extent of all this ever comes out there will be a lot of very shocked posters on here who keep burying their heads in the sand regarding the goings on at SWFC.

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's a business

Now....

I’ve seen no sign of canny business skills. We’ve had a couple of barmy schemes and big price hikes imposed on a captive customer base. Nothing innovative. Nothing inspiring. Nothing clever. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

I’ve seen no sign of canny business skills. We’ve had a couple of barmy schemes and big price hikes imposed on a captive customer base. Nothing innovative. Nothing inspiring. Nothing clever. 

That's not our fault or responsibility as fans

The Chairman and whoever helped him come up with the Club 1867 idea, the membership pricing, the ticket pricing of POTG prices, and the commercial/sponsorship package side need to sort it out

They're responsible

Not the fans

Not us

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

That's not our fault or responsibility as fans

The Chairman and whoever helped him come up with the Club 1867 idea, the membership pricing, the ticket pricing of POTG prices, and the commercial/sponsorship package side need to sort it out

They're responsible

Not the fans

Not us

I agree. 

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

I guess it ends when we go up.

Then we'll be rolling in it.

Do you believe prices will be lower if we get to the Prem due to the club not needing the revenue, give your head a wobble, your in cloud cuckoo land ..

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's a business

Now....

How about a sofa at the side of the pitch that wealthy spectators can sit on? Has anyone thought of yet yet? :CEO:

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

Do you believe prices will be lower if we get to the Prem due to the club not needing the revenue, give your head a wobble, your in cloud cuckoo land ..

Well I wouldn't worry.

It isn't likely to affect us, is it?

I wonder if he'll lower prices if we go down?

• Haha 1

shouldn't have to pay extra ,the secret is get players in that can do the job the cheaper the better, paying over the odds is the first step to ruin  but we do it   all the time  and buy crocks at that all these millions wasted on some of our lot , abdi for instance then matias  and others  and  lets face it Rhodes never woke up and produced for   what he cost thank god he is out on loan , and now we are stuck with the rest  them because of silly contracts  tbh the whole club wants chucking in a bag and shaking up  and then see how we go , oh and before I shut up , the club ought to stop ripping off the fans in whichever way they can think up at t5he time ,  prices need reducing as does kits ,and other merchandise and add to that make the club sellable to fans and affordable and they will return and the clubs income would be boosted

Edited by trevdi9

aren't we still waiting for his "Maintain the high prices and keep a good squad" policy?

Now if he said on Monday..."Cheaper prices will mean a different squad"..I'll jump at it

We are maintaining Abdi, Lee, We "maintained" FF and Fletcher most of last season, We lost Hunt , Hirst, Clare, while paying this "maintainence"...

What honestly makes you think we should now ante up for an advisor

The fans are the only part of this f.ookin' club that actually works!

• Like 2

Not another penny will leave my account and in to that of swfc until it's ST renewal time next year. 

And if they've gone up any more I think that'll be me done to be honest. 

Why on God's earth should I (we) skint myself to amounts I can't believe I keep doing to line the pockets of a supposed millionaire from Thailand, so continues to alienate my friends and family from the club one by one, so we can spend £30,000 per week on Almen fücking Abdi to sit on his arsenal getting massages for 3 years. 

I'm at absolute breaking point with the club without the absolute dross were being served up on the pitch . 

Chansiri s next moves are critical in my book. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ka58 said:

Stockholm syndrome.

2 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

That would make sense if you could find anyone who likes him at the mo.

Briefly thought you two were having a coded conversation about getting Sven-Gören Eriksson in to replace Jos.