Team v Hull

Whichever way we go there are going to be very big weak areas of our team.

Our young goalkeepers look promising but are going to make mistakes, that's what you get with youth. Westwood will be sorely missed.

At the back Van Aken looks a liability and Hutchinson is a red card/ one tackle away from injury every time he steps on the field.

At wing back Palmer can't head a ball for toffee and isn't much better at owt else. Boyd is too slow, legs have gone end of.

Defensive midfield, play Hutch there (see above comments) no way is he playing a full 40+ games. Pelupessy is really poor at everything bar celebrating. Jones can't pass a ball forwards. None of them are exactly quick at getting around the park.

So our defencive options look very weak and if you keep conceding goals you aren't going to win many football games no matter how good your strikers are.

We've got to hope that some of the youngsters can step up but that's a big ask to expect all of them to be good enough, if we get one who makes the step up we will be lucky. Things could turn ugly this season and that's not really an environment to expect young players to flourish (think Brunt and Whelan who were a lot better players but took some right hammer from the stands).

I fear for us unless we can get some more bodies through the door but at what cost???

I really don’t think Palmer can play on Saturday. A bad performance and he’s going to get crucified by the crowd. He’s out of his depth, and the knifes are out. I’d play baker or even Boyd in front of him. Give Palmer 90 at Sunderland under less pressure.

Guest The Horse

As long as we have a front two with Fernando playing behind in a free role, we always have a good chance of outscoring the opposition.

Attack will be our best form of defence now that we know we're up against the gun.

Balls on the line time, troops.

Let's go out fighting.

Dawson

Hutch Lee Thorniley

Palmer Pelupessy Bannan Reach Boyd

Matias Joao FF

Id go 343,strenghten the back 3 with the beast,5 across the centre and Matias pace and Joaos height uptop

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Dawson

Hutch Lee Thorniley

Matias Joao FF

We’re already in trouble with the EFL due to the FFP stuff so this line up might be pushing our luck? 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Dawson

Hutch Lee Thorniley

Matias Joao FF

Id go 343,strenghten the back 3 with the beast,5 across the centre and Matias pace and Joaos height uptop

I agree we're harder to beat with 12 players. :rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

We’re already in trouble with the EFL due to the FFP stuff so this line up might be pushing our luck? 

We'd still get taken apart down the wings with even 12 on the pitch. 

I wonder now we've had the reality check that we are fizzed whether the fans would be more forgiving if we were to go with a couple of the youngsters in defence? Some of the footage I saw against Wigan was worse than bad defending it was a basic lack of heart and commitment, an unwillingness to make a challenge or just ambling along instead of busting a gut to get to the attacker which is unforgivable in my book. 

It's a horrible cliche and I wouldn't just 'chuck the kids in' but I'd be making a point to some of the first team that a lack of effort / heart will not be tolerated and they will be benched.

So 433

Westwood

Baker  Hutch  Lee  Thorniley

Pessy Bannan Reach

Matias     Joao         FF

If Fletcher is fit I'd maybe start him upfront and switch Joao for Matias.

Edited by Walt

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Just put Hutch back into defence  and replace with Reach and put Boyd at LWB.

Joao to replace Nuhiu.

Still exposing Pudil at left centre half and Palmer at right wing back.

Two problem areas we need to lock down and protect, otherwise we'll continue to struggle to prevent teams create chances at will against us. 

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Damn......scrub Palmer WTF:

Dawson

Hutch Lee Thorniley

Boyd Pelupessy Bannan Reach 

Matias Joao FF

• Haha 1

Assuming Westwood wont play

Dawson

Hutch    Lees    Pudil

Matias or Boyd  Joey  Bannan Reach

Joao  Fletcher  FF

Am with Neil on this.

Too good to go down and too crap to get promoted, why don't we just go for it and attack, attack, attack.

Even Leeds have now worked out rock n' roll footy's way to go.

But means defending from front which neither Atty nor Fessi can/ will do.

I think the team/tactics he selects on a Saturday will tell us if he really as a clue as to what he’s doing? Still expect him

to walk sooner rather than later blaming the current circumstances stopping him from doing his job properly which is his plausible get out?