Reach————————Bannan——————Joey——————————Baker

————————————Fessi——————Matias———————————

—————————————————Joao———————————————

——————————————Westwood——————————————-

———--Thornily————————Lees———————Pudil——————-

Reach——————-Hutch——- --Joey——--Bannan———————-Baker

——————————————---Fessi———————————————----

————————————--------Joao——————————————————

I'd probably plump with the second line up, because i really don't think Matias is going to do anything. 

Edited by Fibonacci91

On 04/08/2018 at 18:34, deano said:

Westwood (if possible)

Hutch    Lees    Pudil

Boyd  Joey P Bannan Reach

Joao  Fletcher  FF

Best that could be put out there but worried about the middle four, bannan on his day can dictate a match, reach unpredictable and the other 2 not good enough at this level.

21 minutes ago, debram said:

Best that could be put out there but worried about the middle four, bannan on his day can dictate a match, reach unpredictable and the other 2 not good enough at this level.

Boyd not good enough for championship? Bit of an odd comment that, I’m not sure we are/have played to his strengths but he’s certainly good enough to play for most teams in this division. 

Our fans seem to give huge plaudits to Preston, Brentford etc for bringing in raw players and giving them an opportunity to develop whilst playing yet when we do that they’re not good enough.... see it with Joey, JvA, Thornely, Wildsmith, Dawson.

If we are to ever develop these lads they need to not only play, but be supported as they do! 

On 07/08/2018 at 16:53, full fathom five said:

Whichever way we go there are going to be very big weak areas of our team.

Our young goalkeepers look promising but are going to make mistakes, that's what you get with youth. Westwood will be sorely missed.

At the back Van Aken looks a liability and Hutchinson is a red card/ one tackle away from injury every time he steps on the field.

At wing back Palmer can't head a ball for toffee and isn't much better at owt else. Boyd is too slow, legs have gone end of.

Defensive midfield, play Hutch there (see above comments) no way is he playing a full 40+ games. Pelupessy is really poor at everything bar celebrating. Jones can't pass a ball forwards. None of them are exactly quick at getting around the park.

So our defencive options look very weak and if you keep conceding goals you aren't going to win many football games no matter how good your strikers are.

We've got to hope that some of the youngsters can step up but that's a big ask to expect all of them to be good enough, if we get one who makes the step up we will be lucky. Things could turn ugly this season and that's not really an environment to expect young players to flourish (think Brunt and Whelan who were a lot better players but took some right hammer from the stands).

I fear for us unless we can get some more bodies through the door but at what cost???

I think hutch in midfield is our strength but also Hutch at the back is our strength.

Dont rate Pelupessy much but he did play ok with Bannan at the end of last season in a two so would go with Hutch Lees Thornley at the back.

Westwood

Hutchinson    Lees       Pudil

Palmer           Pelupessy        Bannan           Reach

Joao                                    Forestieri

Fletcher

3 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Boyd not good enough for championship? Bit of an odd comment that, I’m not sure we are/have played to his strengths but he’s certainly good enough to play for most teams in this division. 

Our fans seem to give huge plaudits to Preston, Brentford etc for bringing in raw players and giving them an opportunity to develop whilst playing yet when we do that they’re not good enough.... see it with Joey, JvA, Thornely, Wildsmith, Dawson.

If we are to ever develop these lads they need to not only play, but be supported as they do! 

Bit too late for Boyd to develop, ile stand by my post that Joey and JVA are mediocre at this level and wont progress, good luck to Thorniley, Wildsmith, Dawson and any other academy lads coming through.

Dawson

Hutch   Lees    Pudil

Palmer                                        Boyd

Joey         Bannan

Joao      Fletcher    Fessi

3 points 

Dawson

Hutchinson      Lees    Pudil

Baker       Pelupessy         Reach        Penny

Bannan               FF

Joao

On 05/08/2018 at 14:37, Holmowl said:

I prefer the look of Joao-Fletcher-FF but your Matias-Joao-FF would certainly make sense if Jos thinks Fletch is not ready to start.

I also think Joey needs to show more or quickly lose his place to Jones. I am among a precious few to rate Jones, and Joey is only just good enough.

Playing Fletcher down the middle would be the safer option. I just think a three of Matias, Joao and FF brings some much needed pace not to mention skill and excitement to the side.

How anybody can put Pelupessy in is beyond me...?

As effective as my wheelie bin.

Rather have Jones, at least he gets the odd tackle in and can cross a ball.

Edited by 33

On 07/08/2018 at 16:53, full fathom five said:

Whichever way we go there are going to be very big weak areas of our team.

Our young goalkeepers look promising but are going to make mistakes, that's what you get with youth. Westwood will be sorely missed.

At the back Van Aken looks a liability and Hutchinson is a red card/ one tackle away from injury every time he steps on the field.

At wing back Palmer can't head a ball for toffee and isn't much better at owt else. Boyd is too slow, legs have gone end of.

Defensive midfield, play Hutch there (see above comments) no way is he playing a full 40+ games. Pelupessy is really poor at everything bar celebrating. Jones can't pass a ball forwards. None of them are exactly quick at getting around the park.

So our defencive options look very weak and if you keep conceding goals you aren't going to win many football games no matter how good your strikers are.

We've got to hope that some of the youngsters can step up but that's a big ask to expect all of them to be good enough, if we get one who makes the step up we will be lucky. Things could turn ugly this season and that's not really an environment to expect young players to flourish (think Brunt and Whelan who were a lot better players but took some right hammer from the stands).

I fear for us unless we can get some more bodies through the door but at what cost???

I was actually mulling over whether going or not tomorrow haha

• Haha 2