Pudil

Boyd

Pelupessy

Bannan

Reach

Joao

Fletch

FF

Id be receptive to bringing Dave Jones in for Joey. I really think he’s such a limited footballer. 

I want us to go 4-3-3 in time but I just can’t get my head around who would play at the back. At least the above team as some good quality in it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deano said:

It seems to me that we are currently trying to fit the players into Jos's system. 

We should be finding a system that gets our best players on the pitch in natural positions.

Agree, which with the players we have is probably 4-3-3. 

2 minutes ago, Windygrowler said:

Agree, which with the players we have is probably 4-3-3. 

Dont have quality wing backs then dont play with wing backs.

Have the players who perfectly compliment each other in a front 3, then play them in that system. 

1 minute ago, deano said:

Dont have quality wing backs then dont play with wing backs.

Have the players who perfectly compliment each other in a front 3, then play them in that system. 

Exactly. If most of us can see it, surely jos can....hopefully he's not too stubborn to change things.

1 minute ago, GMOwl72 said:

If Luhukay doesn’t start with 3 up front at home and set out to win the game then expect more disappointment.

Its really frustrating but hopefully he will see what we all see from now, although why hes changed it from the end of last season i can only guess.

Quite like a system with wing backs but if you dont have the players to fit then dont play it.

4 hours ago, canyoujust said:

If yesterday's selection is anything to go by , this will be it

dawson

fletcher

bannan

lees 

palmer

wildsmith

pelupessy

forestieri

reach 

nielsen

pudil

Give it a few weeks and we might quite fancy that.

4 hours ago, York_Owl said:

Dawson                 

Hutchinson  Lees   Pudil  

Boyd       Jones     Bannan    Reach

Matias       Joao    Forestieri 

I prefer the look of Joao-Fletcher-FF but your Matias-Joao-FF would certainly make sense if Jos thinks Fletch is not ready to start.

I also think Joey needs to show more or quickly lose his place to Jones. I am among a precious few to rate Jones, and Joey is only just good enough.

• Like 1

Whichever way we set up there's always going to be a weakness somewhere.  

Westwood, Hunt, Loovens, Venâncio, Wallace are losses whether we play 4-3-3 , 4-4-2 , 3-5-2 or 3-4-3.

Ok , to us it into to 3-4-3 as the lesser of the evils in making the best from what we've got.

However, it isnt wholey surprising that Jos has tried to see how players like Fernando,  Hutchinson, Fletcher,  Van Aken who were hardly available to him on his arrival might do in the system he used (with some success) when he first arrived.

It will only become a real issue if, like Carlos, he doesn't recognise that individual players are more suited to slightly different systems than others.  

20 hours ago, deano said:

Westwood (if possible)

Hutch    Lees    Pudil

Boyd  Joey P Bannan Reach

Joao  Fletcher  FF

Its rare to find such overwhelming agreement for an Xl but you have cracked it.

There’s the odd tweak from a few fans but I think we are all but united (apologies) in this view of our best available team.

If we're going to stick with a back three, which I'm assuming we will, then we need to play Joao/Forestieri either side of a central striker (Fletcher), and we need to provide some cover for Pudil at left centre half.

---------------Dawson----------------

--Hutchinson--Lees--------Pudil----

Boyd------------------------------Fox

---------Bannan-----Reach----------

Joao----------Fletcher-------Forestieri

I know Fox isn't most people's cup of tea...but we need to play a left back who is defensively aware. Playing Reach on the left side of centre midfield gives us a threat down that flank, so a supply line from the left back isn't necessary. 

I'd balance that out by going offensively on the other flank, because I think Hutchinson can cover ground that Pudil cannot. Boyd offers that threat. 

It looks a bit weak in midfield, but it's no weaker than it would be with Pelupessy in it, and Reach offers an offensive threat and energy in there, which Pelupessy doesn't.

I, personally would go with:

----------------Dawson----------------

Baker------Lees------Pudil--------Fox

---------------Hutchinson--------------

----------Bannan------Reach-----------

Joao----------------------------Forestieri

-----------------Fletcher-----------------

But I can't see Luhukay dropping the back three after one game, despite the shambolic performance.

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I prefer the look of Joao-Fletcher-FF but your Matias-Joao-FF would certainly make sense if Jos thinks Fletch is not ready to start.

I also think Joey needs to show more or quickly lose his place to Jones. I am among a precious few to rate Jones, and Joey is only just good enough.

Jones was a bad signing for us but he’s a much better footballer than Joey. Much better. 

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Jones was a bad signing for us but he’s a much better footballer than Joey. Much better. 

This 100%.

Nobody can seriously argue otherwise.

Jones isn't great. But he's a much better player than Pelupessy. 

But he's seemingly another player who's been frozen out...for financial reasons, you'd assume. 

1 minute ago, frastheowl said:

This 100%.

Nobody can seriously argue otherwise.

Jones isn't great. But he's a much better player than Pelupessy. 

But he's seemingly another player who's been frozen out...for financial reasons, you'd assume. 

Jones was never as bad as many seem to think. Our record with him and Bannan in tandem was very good btw. 

His positionsl nous is light years better than Joey, and though he isn’t strong he is stronger than Joey too. Neither have pace. Jones is better in the air. 

I would be be happy to see Jones back in the side, but it would mean two lefties in a 343, which is not great.

Also, we did do well with Joey and Bannan late last season.