Team v Hull

Wwood

Pessy lees thorniley boyd

Reach hutch bannan

Matias joao ff

Sure he will stick with 532 but he should not persist with jva or palmer as 1st teamers or pessy and hutch both at cm, hutch is not an attacking mid!

4 changes and a formation switch, to 4-3-3, that complements our better players:

Westwood

Palmer  Lees  Pudil  Thorniley

Hutchinson

Bannan    Reach

Boyd                   Forestieri

Joao

Edited by The Captain

Not a chance we will go with a back four, the best we can hope for is Hutch going to RCB with Lees CB

I hope we go with this though i seriously doubt it

Westwood

Hutch  Lees  Pudil

Boyd                       Reach

Pelupessy Bannan

FF

Joao    Nuhiu 

Does Nuhiu miss this Sunderland game? or is it the Hull game?

2 hours ago, The Captain said:

4 changes and a formation switch, to 4-3-3, that complements our better players:

Westwood

Palmer  Lees  Pudil  Thorniley

Hutchinson

Bannan    Reach

Boyd                   Forestieri

Joao

This - but with Fletcher where Joao is and Joao where Boyd is. 

Westwood is being sold, he's perfectly fit but was frozen out of pre season and today game, no other explanation for it.

Dawson

Hutchinson   Lees   Van Aken

Boyd    Pelupessy  Bannan   Reach

FF

Fletcher    Joao

It pains me to see Jos rely on a system that is so dependant on having solid wingbacks, WHEN WE DON'T HAVE ANY. But, what can you do eh? Palmer and Boyd offer little defensively but atleast Boyd offers much more going forward, sacrificing Reach at LWB won't be too bad as we usually control possession at home and he'll see plenty of the ball - less chance for him/Boyd to be exposed defensively. Although, I think Jos may consider bringing in Fox for LWB and pushing Reach into a midfield role maybe behind FF/Joao? (As we know how much FF hates defending)

Nuhiu will be missed but Joao HAS to start every game for me anyway, Fletcher is a good target man whilst we let FF weave his magic.

Van Aken simply has to play, we cannot afford for him to be a bust so he will get 46 second chances this season if thats what it takes :luhukay:. Pudil should be used as a sporadic squad player only, likewise should Palmer..simply not good enough don't want them anywhere near the first team.

throw a coin for who starts in net, nothing in it between Dawson/Wildsmith now Westwood appears to be off.

Midfield picks itself until Lee gets back fit, whats even going on with him anymore? Really worrying how long he's been out with 0 communication from the club. Also has Abdi retired yet?

Wish he would change that formation. Really not a fan of it. In an ideal world Pelupessy wouldn’t start and I would have loved Westwood to be in goal. Probably more chance he will have left us by the Hull game though. Would start Boyd and Fletcher, surely they have to have something about them being ex Prem not so long ago!?! As daft as it sounds I wouldn’t start Nuhiu even though he scored today, let Fletcher take his place. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

5 hours ago, deano said:

Westwood (if possible)

Hutch    Lees    Pudil

Boyd  Joey P Bannan Reach

Joao  Fletcher  FF

Thornily for Pupil. Pupil looked like he'd been on the wee wee last night.

Joey should be dropped, but we have no one to bring in.