Membership Pricing 2018/19

2 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

If I'm reading it correctly and it's £90 for standard adult membership, then unfortunately this is the first year I'm priced out.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/july/owls-memberships-on-sale-now/

Beat me to it. £90 is ridiculous. I would normally have defended the club even remaining at £50 but for me living in MK and not going to midweek games anymore I gave up my s/t from last year and was going to get membership just can't justify £90 I will probably only get to 6 or 7 games this season and I wouldn't have minded being down £20 but no way am I going to get to earn the potential savings they are offering.

When you look into the vouchers for the megastore for example you're going to have to spend an awful lot more to achieve the savings they are offering, and you can't even use them on kits which is what most people will spend their hard earned on!

Megastore voucher details
All Members will receive 12 gift vouchers:
4 vouchers offering £20 off against purchases of £70 or more
4 vouchers offering £15 off against purchases of £60 or more
4 vouchers offering £10 off against purchases of £50 or more
Only one voucher per transaction
Vouchers cannot be used on 2018/19 replica kit or any sale items. Membership card must be present at time of purchase.

So if my calculations are correct you have to spend a minimum of £720 in the shop on anything but the kit to use all the vouchers. Hope there are a lot of gnome collectors!

Edited by farlego
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, farlego said:

Beat me to it. £90 is ridiculous. I would normally have defended the club even remaining at £50 but for me living in MK and not going to midweek games anymore I gave up my s/t from last year and was going to get membership just can't justify £90 I will probably only get to 6 or 7 games this season and I wouldn't have minded being down £20 but no way am I going to get to earn the potential savings they are offering.

Same with me. I don't go to home games because I can't afford the travel so I tend to go to games in the south that I can get to. The membership has always been handy to give me a chance of getting a ticket, plus it gives me a chance to support the club a bit better considering I can't usually get up to Sheffield. I felt £50 last year was expensive but I still felt the benefits meant it was something I could still stretch to. £90 is too much and there's no way I can justify spending that.

Edited by punkskaphil

17 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

If I'm reading it correctly and it's £90 for standard adult membership, then unfortunately this is the first year I'm priced out.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/july/owls-memberships-on-sale-now/

Shame, not a package for me. 

The club didn't price me out of a season ticket, but considering I live 3 hours away would only attend 12-15 games at best, although I would have taken a season ticket have been waiting for the club to show some ambition for the forthcoming season with a signing or two to raise my optimism levels and justify the investment. 

I was rather hoping for a membership along the lines of last year, maybe with a little more value, but see no value in this whatsoever. I am not going to break even based on number of games attended and do not spend that much in the shop.

Everything about the club's pricing strategy remains Premier League, except the facilities, team on the pitch are nowhere near. Becoming increasingly difficult to justify the prices and near £200 investment per game including tickets travel etc to watch mid table Championship football so unfortunately will do as last year and pick the cheaper games and watch televised matches at home.

Another disappointment of mine, is that the club offer concession season tickets for disabled supporters, but no concession for POTD tickets, why?

Edited by striker

£90?

What an utter joke.

The club then try and spin it by saying a game three days before Christmas is cheap - What if someone doesn't want / or can't attend?

Surely the whole point of a membership scheme is to allow people to attend the games they want and make savings accordingly.

At that price you might as well get a season ticket for the amount of matches you need to go to in order to break even.

I couldn't afford to renew my season ticket (first time since 2001) and now hearing this news will no doubt price me out totally, god help the reaction when the matchday prices are announced.

Wednesday til I die - But my family and my wallet has to come first.

You can stuff it Chansiri.

No chance will i be buying one. £90 is crazy money! I'm not sure how you can justify that sort of pricing at any level of the game let alone division 2 football. 

Makes me laugh the total saving if you go to every game surely the point of a membership is for those who can not go to every game.

Make it £30 max even if you only get a discount for lower category games you would still get plenty of takers.

I will wait for the gate prices to come out but I do feel like im being pushed out of supporting my team. Will have to be very selective this season. 

Trying to decide which is worst 1867 Scheme or these Membership prices. Either way it appears to be very little consultation with fans, nor consideration of them. Do we actually pay people to come up with these ideas, if so more evidence of cash being squandered. DC in this instance should stand for Deserving of Criticism.

Absolute joke. Vouchers a waste of time for most people as the club shop is pathetic. I wasn’t even sure about renewing £50 membership - was going to wait to see if they sold best players or not but no way am I renewing at £90. This will end badly for the club. I can’t see many people paying £90

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Just waiting for Daveyboy to come along and tell you that you're all w a nkers for not paying it

Bought a membership last few years as we don't live in Sheffield. Never got any value for money but a way to support the club.

No chance I am buying one at £90. Club is pricing out fans from further away.

Use the vouchers in the club shop....as long as it's not on the one thing you'd want to buy from the club shop  -

Megastore voucher details
All Members will receive 12 gift vouchers:
4 vouchers offering £20 off against purchases of £70 or more
4 vouchers offering £15 off against purchases of £60 or more
4 vouchers offering £10 off against purchases of £50 or more
Only one voucher per transaction
Vouchers cannot be used on 2018/19 replica kit or any sale items. Membership card must be present at time of purchase.

Edited by Russy

The club shop voucher thing is another con.

What if you don't want to buy anything?

Believe it or not Chansiri, there's still people in this world who just want to attend a football match.

I don't want a new mug, car mats or an overpriced t-shirt with a badge of an Owl that looks like it's had a weekend bender in Vegas.

5 minutes ago, g-owls said:

A non member would have to pay £39 to watch the first home game of the season.

And that's the cheapest price.

This club absolutely kills me some times.

Just seen this as well. Cant see a massive drop in membership and as such alot wont pay £39 first game of season.