Membership Pricing 2018/19

Just now, SiJ said:

Trying to coerce people into buying a season ticket...

Not everyone wants to sit there on a Tuesday night, whilst it's weeing it down, against Millwall. 

Well if they loved Wednesday they fuckingwell should!

He's have been better if he'd rounded it up to £100 and called it the Ton of Fun scheme.

• Haha 3

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

He's have been better if he'd rounded it up to £100 and called it the Ton of Fun scheme.

You're good - but you're no Rebel Owl pal lol 

Last year was a one off, but the first 2 years were great, and almost justified the expense of tickets and membership

DC is now on the verge of a major issue, of serving up lemonade football for champagne prices. Whilst we are in an around the top 6, the 'cost' noise goes away, to a degree. 

Good luck DC, because I think you're going to need it. 

5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Oi!

I've already bought the *pro-fit* version of the new kit...

I think :Chansiri: has more than rinsed me already :duntmatter:

£40 is arguably what membership should cost anyway. People were disgruntled when it went up to £50 and that was only sustained by people swallowing the cost on the back of security for potential play-off final tickets.

For it to rise by £40 stinks. Like many aspects of how much it costs it support Sheffield Wednesday now, for me it's not about physically affording it and more about do I want to pay these sort of prices. The reality is that I'm an adult with other interests, with kids who have other interests, and the club seems intent on making it as difficult as possible to justify spending these increasing amounts on what is - ultimately and unfortunately - a failing football club.

A Manchester City "Cityzens" membership costs £35 for the year - £25 for Under 18's - and includes ticket priority and £5 off match day tickets.

• Thanks 2

On 17/07/2018 at 21:41, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Said it before- double the discount to £10 a game and you'll massively increase the membership plus you'll make the POTD prices more reasonable and undoubtedly tempt more people to attend regularly.

At the minute there's huge disparity between the average price for ST holders and the POTD price. It's creating an 'all or nothing' culture. Yes, season ticket sales are massively up compared to 3 years ago, but they've dropped this season and those who haven't renewed are going to take some encouraging to pay the current matchday prices.

^^^^^^^

Only way to save this now- offer this for a limited period.

£90.  WTF:

Ah well, for those who don't have a season ticket, you have nothing to worry about if we get to Wembley, because sales will go like this

1st phase - 20k ST holders

2nd phase - 8 members

3rd phase - general sale 

£90 though lol

• Haha 6

This is just good business practice to me. Sheffield Wednesday have always had a smug element of fans that want to prove they are better than everyone else and they’ll pay whatever it takes to do that. People will pay this, they’ll then come on here and tell you they paid it because they want to feel good before their impending divorce comes through.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, The Regulator said:

Is the club actually expecting to sell any of these or is it now simply being used to push more people towards buying a season ticket?

I honestly don't think the club know what they are doing and they is no overall plan.

If membership scheme price increase was for people to buy season tickets then they should have announced membership prices weeks ago.

£90 is an absolute joke.

I don't care about any of the crap they sell in the megastore. Maybe the kit at a push but I wouldn't even be able to use my vouchers for that.

18 games for me to make my money back and break even on the membership. Absolutely laughable.

Well done Wednesday again.

1 minute ago, Rebowl Yell said:

This is just good business practice to me. Sheffield Wednesday have always had a smug element of fans that want to prove they are better than everyone else and they’ll pay whatever it takes to do that. People will pay this, they’ll then come on here and tell you they paid it because they want to feel good before their impending divorce comes through.

More then a drop of truth in this sadly.

1 minute ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Look.

It's trying to be funny. 

£90 is absolutely ridiculous. Are they actually expecting to sell any of these? If you're too skint to buy a season ticket then you won't buy this, if you go to most games you'd just buy a season ticket. 

Add in the fact that you can now stream midweek games for cheaper than going to the game, and this is a baffling price. And no, i'm not paying it either. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole
12 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

9 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

You're good - but you're no Rebel Owl pal lol 

2 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Told ya lol 

Second highest ST prices

£39 for a home game against Hull

£50 for membership.

£59 for a replica shirt. 

Four years of being ripped off and still no better off than we were under Stuart Gray. 

No signings but we have sold our best right  back

I don't know what more it would take to get people to stop defending Chansiri to the hilt to be honest.

It really baffles me just how people  still think he's doing a good job. 

Bit high as a one off payment, but it's not bad value if you can take advantage of the offers.

Three (defined) matches = £40 saving 

One match shirt = £15 saving 

Well on your way to getting your money back. Another 7 games or a few shop purchases.

The kids memberships look like excellent value.

• Haha 1