Membership Pricing 2018/19

Waste of time at S6 in such a big stadium and with away tickets being lime gold dust. 

Few years ago I started with a membership but upgraded to a half season ticket as had more free time than I envisaged. Asked club re a partial allowance towards the season ticket and was told tough. 

4 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Soon to be announced, like a host of clubs have recently. 

Some notable prices are; 

Chelsea £26.

Man Utd £35.

Man City £35. 

Liverpool £35.

Arsenal £39.

Tottenham £48.

Leicester City £60. 

Ours was £50 last season, which is not really acceptable but those without season tickets will probably cough up anyways.

Especially on the back of new signings?!?!

See the source image

3 hours ago, handworth52 said:

Think  someone needs to compare it to championship I'm sure we are the dearest as well as the dearest potd tickets , probably why we only get 2k tickets sold for match days as having 21k season tickets and an away following .only the big games see us selling a few more . Next season someone could be paying £49 to watch a team half made up of u23s on less than 1k a week if our fire sale don't stop and injury situation  isn't similar to last season. 

Fire sale how many have we sold

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

I had a membership and went to 10 games last season so broke even with it. 

That more or less sums it up. 

Still wish they'd offer say a 6 game package at somewhere between season tick and membership prices 

4 hours ago, dan1980 said:

Fire sale how many have we sold

9 have left Inc loans.  Zero incomings.  Kean Wallace loovens Hirst clare Butterfield venancio hunt Rhodes . A few more will go according to what jos has said . This season we will be using quite a few totally unproven u23 players who need experience like thornily got and clare did. The jump from u23 to championship is huge a couple out on loan and then have them back for January would do them a lot of good other clubs do it regular . 

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

So why are people buying memberships?

I buy mine because I end up actually saving a few quid and I at least know I’ll break even. The main advantage is slight priority for any “big games” in Cup, play offs, etc. 

Admitedly you’re not getting a great deal but if I can get priority on high demand games without it costing me anything (and potentially saving me money) then it’s a no brainer for me. 

Edited by Owlin' Wolf

22 hours ago, stevewhiterose said:

It does seem a lot compared to those prices above but if you plan to go to at least ten or so matches, then you get it back. That's how I look at it 

If you go to at least 10 home matches, it would be cheaper to buy a season ticket, surely. 

If they gave £10 disc instead of £5 it would make sense to me. Attend five games and you don't lose out.  

Membership is designed for fans who simply can’t attend every home game . I think it’s a good scheme for some  , it also gives priority over general sales . Membership got me good seats in the play off final . Doesn’t guarantee a ticket for away games though , I missed out on all the local ones so don’t bother with it anymore .

Edited by dewsburyowl58

14 hours ago, handworth52 said:

9 have left Inc loans.  Zero incomings.  Kean Wallace loovens Hirst clare Butterfield venancio hunt Rhodes . A few more will go according to what jos has said . This season we will be using quite a few totally unproven u23 players who need experience like thornily got and clare did. The jump from u23 to championship is huge a couple out on loan and then have them back for January would do them a lot of good other clubs do it regular . 

Kean - released

wallace - out of contract

loovens as above

hirst as above

clare (if gone) as above

butterfield - end of loan

venancio as above

rhodes loaned out

Hunt......SOLD

so our ‘fire SALE’ has consisted of 1 player....get a grip man

I have been a member for years but it's gone up a lot ( from £10 to £50) and has become less useful for me. That's because we now have nearly double the number of season ticket holders as a few years ago. That's obviously great news for the club but means that you have little chance of important away game tickets as a member. Away tickets being the main reason I became a member in the first place. 

If it goes up again I don't think I will bother. 

4 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

If you go to at least 10 home matches, it would be cheaper to buy a season ticket, surely. 

If they gave £10 disc instead of £5 it would make sense to me. Attend five games and you don't lose out.  

If I remember rightly when Inworked it out that’s not the case, think you have to attend quite a few more games than that for a season ticket to be cheaper. To be honest I’d much prefer a ST but I can’t guarantee how many games I can get to. I got to 13 home games last season and 16 the season before and I bought membership both times. I think it still worked out cheaper than a ST. 

7 minutes ago, Owlin' Wolf said:

If I remember rightly when Inworked it out that’s not the case, think you have to attend quite a few more games than that for a season ticket to be cheaper. To be honest I’d much prefer a ST but I can’t guarantee how many games I can get to. I got to 13 home games last season and 16 the season before and I bought membership both times. I think it still worked out cheaper than a ST. 

I'm about the same. Had season ticket for getting in for 20 years but kids and stuff came along and to be honest a loss on interest on my part meant I gave up  a few years ago.

Now kids are old enough to go we had memberships last year. Went to enough to make it worthwhile but not enough to justify ST. Big part for me was to ensure a play off ticket should the occasion arise.