Membership Pricing 2018/19

51 minutes ago, Geedee said:

I have been a member for years but it's gone up a lot ( from £10 to £50) and has become less useful for me. That's because we now have nearly double the number of season ticket holders as a few years ago. That's obviously great news for the club but means that you have little chance of important away game tickets as a member. Away tickets being the main reason I became a member in the first place. 

If it goes up again I don't think I will bother. 

I've been a member for at least a decade (and I get one for my wife so I can get two tickets) primarily for away tickets but frankly it stopped being value for money when it went up to £50. Probably won't stop me continuing, but I definitely don't get much for my money...

Doesn't the membership offer you anything else apart from potential to jump so much of the queue for match day tickets?

Money off in the club shop? Money off anything at all in the club? discounted entry to special events?

Isn't that what membership of an establishment about?

2 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Doesn't the membership offer you anything else apart from potential to jump so much of the queue for match day tickets?

Money off in the club shop? Money off anything at all in the club? discounted entry to special events?

£5 off every home match and £10 off some home matches?

On 15/07/2018 at 10:19, thewookieisdown said:

Comparisons aren't really relevant. Chelsea etc are big clubs with internationalised support and essentially you are signing up for a package of benefits which includes access to tickets for second tier games. 

For smaller clubs like us the point should be to offer something for those who want to attend quite regularly but not so often they want an ST and enticing/enabling them to do say 12 home games not 8. To me the sticker price for membership seems too high if that's the intention. 

See what your saying here, however surely in all walks of life we are asked to pay higher prices for better brands( that doesn’t always mean better quality) in football however the premier league is certainly a better quality brand than the championship, on that basis we are being asked to pay too much.

16 minutes ago, Bark1062 said:

See what your saying here, however surely in all walks of life we are asked to pay higher prices for better brands( that doesn’t always mean better quality) in football however the premier league is certainly a better quality brand than the championship, on that basis we are being asked to pay too much.

Whilst I can see where your coming from you have to remember that Chelsea will have earned hundreds of millions last season alone. Prem clubs could probably afford to let their supporters in for free if they didn't pay such ridiculous wages.

4 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

£5 off every home match and £10 off some home matches?

Yep that's all these days. 

WBA - £6 

Bristol City - £20 

Norwich City - £20

Swansea - £25

Aston Villa - £30 

Birmingham City - £30

Sheffield Utd - £30

Derby County - £39

Leeds United - £40

Jesus Christ, I believe there is no club charging £50 for memberships, other than ourselves

Lets lead by example SWFC! Time to make a change, get your fans on board!

35 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

WBA - £6 

Bristol City - £20 

Norwich City - £20

Swansea - £25

Aston Villa - £30 

Birmingham City - £30

Sheffield Utd - £30

Derby County - £39

Leeds United - £40

Jesus Christ, I believe there is no club charging £50 for memberships, other than ourselves

Lets lead by example SWFC! Time to make a change, get your fans on board!

So what you sayin'?

WBA, no ticket discount.

Norwich, £2 ticket discount.

Villa, one £10 ticket discount voucher.

Sheffield Utd, £1 ticket discount.

Leeds, 3 x £5 ticket discount voucher.

I'm not trying to justify the price but that's 5 of the 9 where you would need to attend more games to cover the cost of the membership than with our £5/£10 diacounts or can't cover the cost on ticket savings.

Add Derby who give you 10% off and Birmingham who give you 10% credit and they would both need you to go 9+ times to cover the cost.

Bristol give £5 off every game and Swansea do £25 match tickets for members, don't know what they charge non-members.

My main issue is that the £5 or £10 should be off a normal ticket price. I think high POTD prices are sometimes justified with a 'its only X amount if you are a member". Pretty much allows the club to add £5 onto the ticket price and then give you a £5 'discount'.

On 16/07/2018 at 16:15, Hack-Abusi said:

You get the satisfaction that knowing your hard earned money is going to the club you love which  a fan should be absolutely down with.

People need to stop asking what Sheffield Wednesday can do for you and ask yourself what You can do for Sheffield Wednesday. Get the memberships bought up, even if you go to two or three games a season it shows an intent to support the club. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rebowl Yell said:

You get the satisfaction that knowing your hard earned money is going to the club you love which  a fan should be absolutely down with.

People need to stop asking what Sheffield Wednesday can do for you and ask yourself what You can do for Sheffield Wednesday. Get the memberships bought up, even if you go to two or three games a season it shows an intent to support the club. 

In the we almost went bust era and every penny counted yes. These days = meh

Edited by modboy

Said it before- double the discount to £10 a game and you'll massively increase the membership plus you'll make the POTD prices more reasonable and undoubtedly tempt more people to attend regularly.

At the minute there's huge disparity between the average price for ST holders and the POTD price. It's creating an 'all or nothing' culture. Yes, season ticket sales are massively up compared to 3 years ago, but they've dropped this season and those who haven't renewed are going to take some encouraging to pay the current matchday prices.

Edited by RUMBELOWS91
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Said it before- double the discount to £10 a game and you'll massively increase the membership plus you'll make the POTD prices more reasonable and undoubtedly tempt more people to attend regularly.

At the minute there's huge disparity between the average price for ST holders and the POTD price. It's creating an 'all or nothing' culture. Yes, season ticket sales are massively up compared to 3 years ago, but they've dropped this season and those who haven't renewed are going to take some encouraging to pay the current matchday prices.

100% agree

5 hours ago, londonowl said:

So what you sayin'?

WBA, no ticket discount.

Norwich, £2 ticket discount.

Villa, one £10 ticket discount voucher.

Sheffield Utd, £1 ticket discount.

Leeds, 3 x £5 ticket discount voucher.

I'm not trying to justify the price but that's 5 of the 9 where you would need to attend more games to cover the cost of the membership than with our £5/£10 diacounts or can't cover the cost on ticket savings.

Add Derby who give you 10% off and Birmingham who give you 10% credit and they would both need you to go 9+ times to cover the cost.

Bristol give £5 off every game and Swansea do £25 match tickets for members, don't know what they charge non-members.

My main issue is that the £5 or £10 should be off a normal ticket price. I think high POTD prices are sometimes justified with a 'its only X amount if you are a member". Pretty much allows the club to add £5 onto the ticket price and then give you a £5 'discount'.

I agree, to fully compare every aspect, you have to dig extremely deep.

With your Sheffield United comparison for example, the £1 ticket discount sounds disrespectful. 

But you left out a crucial bit to their offer. Attend 5 league games, get your 6th game of your choice for free. which is great gesture by the club.

Every club will have a standout offer on their membership which makes their offer unique, all I'm saying is, at £50 a pop, are we standing out for the wrong reason?

7 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

With your Sheffield United comparison for example, the £1 ticket discount sounds disrespectful. 

But you left out a crucial bit to their offer. Attend 5 league games, get your 6th game of your choice for free. which is great gesture by the club.

I did but to call it a 'great geature' is a bit much.

You pay £30 membership, you get £1 each off each of your first 5 tickets, then you get a free (say £35) ticket.£40 of savings for your £30 membership if you attend 6 games. Then it's back to £1 discount, so if you attend say 10 games, you save a total of £14 by the time your membership is paid.

Not saying our membership is good value,  as I actually think it's a bit too expensive I'm just saying that there is little between all the ones on your list.