Yes was Preston. Looked lively defo. 

Few small players today... 

Preston

Fessi

Bazza

Hunt

Baker

Kirby (bench)

I think Kirbys done really well to fit into the men's team. Chelsea have messed up there. Well done Fran. 

23 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

He actually lost a couple of headers unbelievably. The corners last night were pretty dire on the whole - mostly the delivery. A particular highlight was one of Reach's which barely entered the field of play and just went over the crossbar without anybody else touching it. Lincoln fans loved that one. Needless to say Hutch took the next one.

:duntmatter:

9 hours ago, dan1980 said:

What formation did we play tonight

3 5 2 1st half 

Westwood

Lee, Lees, Thorniley 

Baker, Hunt, Hutch, Reach, Fox

Joao, Matias 

Although Reach did seem slightly further forward than Hunt and Hutch.

Hunt looked a good prospect.

3 4 3 2nd half 

Dawson 

Nielsen, Pudil, Van Aken 

Palmer, Joey, Bannan, Boyd 

Preston, Nuhiu, Fessi 

We seemed far better 2nd half and I think that was down to having Bannan and Fessi on the pitch together. 

Nielsen looked best I've seen him, Preston was lively and linked up well going forward, Palmer at one stage I reckon I'd have got back in position quicker than him but did OK going forward.

4 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

3 5 2 1st half 

Westwood

Lee, Lees, Thorniley 

Baker, Hunt, Hutch, Reach, Fox

Joao, Matias 

Although Reach did seem slightly further forward than Hunt and Hutch.

Hunt looked a good prospect.

3 4 3 2nd half 

Dawson 

Nielsen, Pudil, Van Aken 

Palmer, Joey, Bannan, Boyd 

Preston, Nuhiu, Fessi 

We seemed far better 2nd half and I think that was down to having Bannan and Fessi on the pitch together. 

Nielsen looked best I've seen him, Preston was lively and linked up well going forward, Palmer at one stage I reckon I'd have got back in position quicker than him but did OK going forward.

Cheers mate i think nielson going to make a decent cb

1 hour ago, Mr. Tom said:

How did Nielsen look in defence? I like having him on the pitch just for his ridiculous size, he dwarfs Van Aken and even stands a good couple of inches over Atdhe - we ought to be a major threat from set pieces with those three all going up. Noticed in some fan-video highlights we were also doing the England ‘love train’ setup from corners a couple of times, interesting - expect lots of teams to be trying that this season, seems effective.

They were stood next to each other at corners and I was directly behind the goal in the second row. Atdhe is an inch or too taller but he is all torso. Nielson' s legs are much longer but Nuhiu is taller overall. This may explain why Nuhiu can't find a shirt that is long enough and why he always has to wear a vest underneath. Also may explain why his jump isn't particularly high.

• Thanks 1

Interesting about the comments regarding Palmer.

I was told 3 months ago he was going to be first out of the door and was even told the destination, but with the sale of Hunt and apparently him changing how he plays in looking to actually beat a man, maybe Jos has seen something he wants to work with and he'll be not only staying, but given a chance as first choice.

A lot have said at his age he can't change, but a lot of players do respond to different coaches, different instructions and different motivations.

• Like 1

We moan about Palmers crossing ability but to me that is not the issue .

His issue is fitness. It affects his whole game, especially recovery from forward runs and he seems sometimes to be caught out defensively because he is resting, breathing out of his backside.

If he can get to the level of fitness required then he can do a job but sometimes people just aren’t athletes. 

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

I feel calling chansiri a clown is bit OTT. he's learning from his mistakes of splashing the cash on aged crocks, signing players to appease the fans  and seems to be letting jos run the show as opposed to listening to anonymous advisors  

If your not sure who or what people are posting about, leave alone.

On a side note, did you ever pay that money you promised to my charity?

10 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Abusy night for the Dunham Bridge Company then !

I was well annoyed at that, I've never driven that way before and never heard of it so to have to pay to get over a crappy little bridge was totally unexpected.  Cheeky gets, it's hardly the Humber or the Severn bridge.

Was stuck in a queue for almost a mile on the way back so it serves no purpose, they rake in the cash for nothing whilst completely ruining the traffic flow.

Guest Kameron
2 hours ago, torryowl said:

I feel calling chansiri a clown is bit OTT. he's learning from his mistakes of splashing the cash on aged crocks, signing players to appease the fans  and seems to be letting jos run the show as opposed to listening to anonymous advisors  

Carlos is the clown but you do have a point about Chansiri.  Had he appointed the right manager when he sacked Gray and continued with the origional advises, i think we'd have had a season in the premier league, Doyen came about  because of Carlos and we will pay a price for that for at least another season.  

11 hours ago, Plonk said:

Thought Alex hunt looked terrific first half. Was like watching a young Shez a might have a few diamonds coming through and a manager who knows how to use them

Totally agree, he was very good.

Just now, agentwalker said:

Defensively he looked decent last season. my only issue was his distribution. Gave the ball away a lot, not sure if it was nerves thought. 

Can work around that, win the  the ball first and play it short to someone who can pass it. ...him and Van Aken should job share?

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

I was well annoyed at that, I've never driven that way before and never heard of it so to have to pay to get over a crappy little bridge was totally unexpected.  Cheeky gets, it's hardly the Humber or the Severn bridge.

Was stuck in a queue for almost a mile on the way back so it serves no purpose, they rake in the cash for nothing whilst completely ruining the traffic flow.

It's privately owned. They can do what they want. The alternative is swimming, so on balance it's probably worth the 45p. 

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

I remember it being a tanner, that's a tanner 40 to a £ not a tenner.

I know what a tanner is, and a thrupenny bit, half a crown (my first pocket money), shillings and ten bob notes!

13 hours ago, Leaping Lannys Perm said:

Pudil continues to look like a natural centre half. My only concern is how he, Van Aken and Lees can work together. Today's formation suggests Van Aken will be the left centre half if he and Pudil are both in the team with Pudil in the centre. That would push Lees to right centre half. I'd argue that that moves both Pudil and Lees away from their most effective position in the three so playing all three together might not be the most effective plan going forward.

We've essentially lost two centre half off the books in Loovens and Venacio so hopefully we have the funds to bring at least one in.

You could also say that we have lost two from the midfield in Wallace and Butterfield (smirk) but with Bannan, Pessy, Hutch, Reach, hopefully Lee and perhaps even Preston I'm not sure we need to refill those positions as much.

Always going to happen when you have 3 at the back. Very few centre backs are genuinely 2 footed.

Interestingly Megson played his left footer on the right and right footer on the left when he had two centre backs ,Jones and Llerra, in a back four. 

His thinking must have been that it made centre forwards more difficult to get between them.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

It's privately owned. They can do what they want. The alternative is swimming, so on balance it's probably worth the 45p. 

Had our honeymoon in Lincoln 50 years ago. Made us pay the bridge toll even though we had Just Married plastered all over the Ford Anglia.

Been like it a long long time, don’t see it changing any time soon.

6 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Had our honeymoon in Lincoln 50 years ago. Made us pay the bridge toll even though we had Just Married plastered all over the Ford Anglia.

Been like it a long long time, don’t see it changing any time soon.

tenor (4).gif

How funny was it to see nando running back to the changing room in his pants..

He gave his shorts to a disabled lady but her husband nicked them and  put them on his head. 

Lol

Edited by foxowl
  • Haha 1