Back from Lincoln

5 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

Jos has said today that Lee, Fletcher and particularly Hooper will be struggling to be fit for start of season. 

That's no surprise then . So that's at least 3 unavailable to start season and some more as well as the few what have left .no wonder certain u23 players are playing who have never been anywhere near the 1st team. I'd prefer if we could give some of them some 1st team experience on loan .it's a big jump from u23 straight to championship .I think the experience thornily got out on loan certainly improved them. 

Guest Kameron

The most noticeable thing for me was the fitness levels, especially in the the second half.  The play was a bit rusty but that’s to be expected at this stage.  Jos looks like he’s getting the important bit right, add some team spirit to those fitness levels and we’re half way there.  If we can get rid of a few more and bring in a couple of quality players we’ll improve on last season, Jos has one hell of a mess to sort out but he looks to me like he knows what he’s doing, hopefully fans are as patient with him as they were with the fo o king clown who created this mess. 

Edited by Kameron

3 minutes ago, Kameron said:

The most noticeable thing for me was the fitness levels, especially in the the second half.  The play was a bit rusty but that’s to be expected at this stage.  Jos looks like he’s getting the important bit right, add some team spirit to those fitness levels and we’re half way there.  If we can get rid of a few more and bring in a couple of quality players we’ll improve on last season, Jos has one hell of a mess to sort out but he looks to me like he knows what he’s doing, hopefully fans are as patient with him as the were with the fo o king clown who created this mess. 

I feel calling chansiri a clown is bit OTT. he's learning from his mistakes of splashing the cash on aged crocks, signing players to appease the fans  and seems to be letting jos run the show as opposed to listening to anonymous advisors  

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
8 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

Jos has said today that Lee, Fletcher and particularly Hooper will be struggling to be fit for start of season. 

What a shocker that is.

Guest Theboylangers
3 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I feel calling chansiri a clown is bit OTT. he's learning from his mistakes of splashing the cash on aged crocks, signing players to appease the fans  and seems to be letting jos run the show as opposed to listening to anonymous advisors  

I'm not certain but I guess he was referring to Carlos who created the mess, not Chansiri ?

How did Nielsen look in defence? I like having him on the pitch just for his ridiculous size, he dwarfs Van Aken and even stands a good couple of inches over Atdhe - we ought to be a major threat from set pieces with those three all going up. Noticed in some fan-video highlights we were also doing the England ‘love train’ setup from corners a couple of times, interesting - expect lots of teams to be trying that this season, seems effective.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

How did Nielsen look in defence? I like having him on the pitch just for his ridiculous size, he dwarfs Van Aken and even stands a good couple of inches over Atdhe - we ought to be a major threat from set pieces with those three all going up. Noticed in some fan-video highlights we were also doing the England ‘love train’ setup from corners a couple of times, interesting - expect lots of teams to be trying that this season, seems effective.

Dominant - particularly in the air and he bossed Reid, who looks like an aging heavyweight boxer.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

He actually lost a couple of headers unbelievably. The corners last night were pretty dire on the whole - mostly the delivery. A particular highlight was one of Reach's which barely entered the field of play and just went over the crossbar without anybody else touching it. Lincoln fans loved that one. Needless to say Hutch took the next one.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Possibility of alex hunt, Preston, baker and getting more of a stint in the first team?

I'd say so. Alex Hunt looked good. Very confident in the middle of the pitch with Reach making the runs forward. Only 18? Preston also looked good. Didn't notice Baker as much. Did okay I think. 

3 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

I'd say so. Alex Hunt looked good. Very confident in the middle of the pitch with Reach making the runs forward. Only 18? Preston also looked good. Didn't notice Baker as much. Did okay I think. 

Look at sessegnon at Fulham, if your good enough your old enough! Maybe worth a look going forwards , is he a defensive midfielder ?

42 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I read it as referring to Carlos. It was he who was responsible for the lack of fitness levels and creating long term injury problems. Add to that not playing or trying youngsters.