Rhodes fails to score on debut

To be fair, it'd be good for JR to do reasonably well for Norwich. He'll still have a fair whack of SWFC contract left at the end of the loan. This year is about him regaining some form and adding value to him again - either as a renewed SWFC player or as someone who can command a better fee. In an ideal world, Norwich are below us in the league and JR is their most successful striker.

10 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

To be honest, what Rhodes does for the carrot crunchers dosnt interest me. Im more concerned with our lack of team strengthening  

I cant see us spending. Rhodes will move us closer to the FFP limits but we simply can't spend and pay big wages.

i think we are reliant on what we have, Jos weaving some magic and possibly some cost effective loans.

11 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

To be honest, what Rhodes does for the carrot crunchers dosnt interest me. Im more concerned with our lack of team strengthening  

I take it you've never been to Norwich?  Its a much more dynamic city than Sheffield.  Carrot crunchers...no.  Always annoys me when we get called whippet breeders.  

11 hours ago, Lichfield alien said:

Our current squad now we have a proper manager shud be able to challenge for top 6

Disagree , need at least 3 players to strengthen otherwise it'll be another medicore season 

11 hours ago, owlinexile said:

No chance.

At the very least we need to replace Loovens, Venancio and Hunt just to avoid going backwards. 

Maybe get away with palmer if he applies himself with Baker as back up if he steps up. 

It's the cb situation that still worries me more than anything. Still need a right footed cb, yes there's nielson & O'Grady but with no more than a couple of appearances between them and much as I love the idea of playing hutch there can he give us enough games over the course of the season. Imagine losing both Lees & hutch at the same time?? 

That would leave us a back three of left footers aka. Van Akren. Pudil. Thorniley. With Fox on the bench and the two kids as back up, hardly an ideal situation. 

I’m on the train traveling to Norwich, listening to three guys on the next table talking about Jordan Rhodes 

Bizarrely, they think he still scores goals One says, yeah he had a bit of a quiet spell towards the end of last season, but he was carrying an injury Another one saying, Rhodes has always scored goals, but he’s never seen him play well The other one just says, he’s unlikely to get in their team

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Watto said:

Disagree , need at least 3 players to strengthen otherwise it'll be another medicore season 

Disagree, we could use some backup in a couple of positions, unless there's some more young'uns ready to step up.

12 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

I take it you've never been to Norwich?  Its a much more dynamic city than Sheffield.  Carrot crunchers...no.  Always annoys me when we get called whippet breeders.  

I’m not having that...have you been in Sheffield centre recently...there’s massive apartment blocks popping up all over the place and cranes everywhere..I wer in Norwich 2 weeek ago didn’t see any tall buildings and only saw one tinpot Micky mouse crane