Jordan Rhodes move from #SWFC to Norwich is OFF

2 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

No NEW signings this summer. We don’t need any more players, because the ones we’ve got are better than any we can afford.

Now we’ve got a proper manager, they will do far better than last season.

Unless Matias and Joao can stay fit enough to be involved in every game, a lack of pace will hold us back

14 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

No NEW signings this summer. We don’t need any more players, because the ones we’ve got are better than any we can afford.

Now we’ve got a proper manager, they will do far better than last season.

I agree we will do better with this manager, but clearly we need to at least bring in a decent right wing back to replace Hunt. I can’t believe Jos will feel Palmer and Baker are good enough for his plans. 

We also need a CB and a LWB to cover for Reach. Then I think our squad is alright 

2 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I'm glad we are playing hard ball over this

Too many times we've had our pants taken down

If Norwich or anyone else wants him, they have to pay the going rate

Well done Wednesday

Thing is, what is the going rate? Clearly it isn’t what we paid for him He hasn’t done anything for three years now, so to expect a club to pay a sizeable chunk of the over inflated fee we shelled out, just to borrow him for a year, is quite frankly ridiculous 

For those saying, his track record speaks for itself, there isn’t exactly a queue of clubs looking to take him, is there

There’ll be more to this yet.

When we signed Hooper from Norwich that deal was “officially off” before it was back on again.

Norwich are looking for an experienced goal scorer at this level and they aren’t easy to come by. 

My guess would be they won’t get one and in a couple of weeks time they’ll come back again and have another go for Rhodes.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

An extortionate loan fee for an £8m flop, that we are pretty desperate to get rid of 

Of course they ain’t gonna pay it 

How would we feel if the same was done to us Would we walk away If West Ham quoted us say, £5m  to take Jordan Hugill on a season long loan?

I’m so glad you aren’t in charge of our transfer negotiations. 

• Thanks 1

I think we’ve asked for a £3m loan fee but I think we’d be happy with £2m to cover our ongoing annual instalments to Boro plus Norwich to cover his full wages.

Will they do this - well it’s anyone’s guess? The fact is if they want a striker who could well score them goals at this level, they need to pay the above which is about right. Total cost would be £3.8m which is loan fee plus full wage.

Theyve just received £34m from the Maddison and Murphy sales plus they’ve saved in wages.

I think this deal will go through at some point. Shame it’s not a full transfer as we need closure here in my opinion to move the club forward.

Edited by Bouncing Owl

Discussions broke up without agreement. They think we will hand them him gift wrapped if they take him they should at least give us enough to cover wages and probably a bit more. They need him more than we do.

When we signed Hooper on loan they wouldn't sanction the deal until we agreed to pay his wages in full so we are totally within our rights to do the same with Rhodes even more so now they have earned £30m+ from the sale of two players.

As it stands we’re pretty much under an embargo even if it isn’t official. If DC vetoed the deal then I have to put trust in him to do the right thing, just hope we’re being realistic.

Puts huge and unrealistic pressure on this season to go up if we don’t move players IMO. Not Just Rhodes but I’d be tempted to start the restructuring now where possible.

I doubt this is the end of the Rhodes situation but we have our own business to do.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

There’ll be more to this yet.

When we signed Hooper from Norwich that deal was “officially off” before it was back on again.

Norwich are looking for an experienced goal scorer at this level and they aren’t easy to come by. 

My guess would be they won’t get one and in a couple of weeks time they’ll come back again and have another go for Rhodes.

True. How many players of that calibre would they get for 2/3.5m per year?

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

As it stands we’re pretty much under an embargo even if it isn’t official. If DC vetoed the deal then I have to put trust in him to do the right thing, just hope we’re being realistic.

Puts huge and unrealistic pressure on this season to go up if we don’t move players IMO. Not Just Rhodes but I’d be tempted to start the restructuring now where possible.

I doubt this is the end of the Rhodes situation but we have our own business to do.

Seems that way regarding embargo. 

Other clubs will know this and use it as a leverage tool. Sending out the message that we are happy keep him rather than letting go of everyone cheap is a good thing. 

I think villa will be going through similar thing with Grealish.