BREAKING | #SWFC striker Jordan Rhodes in talks with Norwich City

Loans are funny deals. I heard Birmingham City had to give Sam Gallagher a pay rise on his parent deal to get him to move so there must be all sorts of factors. Roger Johnson took a pay cut to come here.

We will no doubt get some kind of fee, if we can shift a decent percentage of his wage that will be a bigger saving in FFP terms. 

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Think tank said:

This is good news.

We signed a player who just doesn’t have it anymore. Warbjjbg sogns were there at the end of his Blackburn career and Middlesbrough. Gets someone else off of the wage bill too!

The Dutchman?

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Will be one of the leagues top scorers next season imo. 

Don't disagree, a genuine shame he couldn't do it with us. But at least in that scenario we'd have the option to sell and at least get our money back.

Very sad it’s not worked out but if we continue playing the 3-4-3 formation of last year then he really doesn’t suit it. Nuhiu, Joao, fletcher and even Winnall are all better suited to play the central striker role and Rhodes performances since we signed him have been bang average it must be said. 

He may do very well at Norwich if he plays alongside a target man and has Marshall putting in the crosses, but I doubt he’d ever have resurrected his form had he stayed at Hillsborough, at least not without a major change in playing style. 

28 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

They want him.

Make them pay or foook them off.

No more pants down bend over we are Wednesday.

You tell 'em Fazza….

lol

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Do you disagree with a basic negotiating tactic @MarkS43Owl?

I'm not involved in the negotiations so I don't know whats been agreed etc.

Can't see Norwich paying 'that' much of a loan fee to get him. However I believe we will get the majority, if not all of his wages paid by them.

Guest Theboylangers
3 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I think I'm in a minority here but I think this is a massive mistake and will come back to bites us on the arse.

I agree with you. Wonder if we'll learn from the Winnall situation last and put a recall clause in? 

Decisions  have to be made and there is no doubt that we have too many strikers. If Rhodes is one that Jos thinks can go , also one that somebody wants and it makes financial sense that such is life.

I think he will score goals for them but that doesn’t mean the move doesn’t make sense .