Wow - what a stupid article

1 hour ago, MrsHall said:

I don't believe a word of that article...its f0000kin 5hite written by a c00ntin idiot....he obviously is in awe and has some birthright allegiance that's making him dribble. UTO.

He got one thing right, some of our recruitment has been awful. 

Mcgugan, Abdi, lachman, Rhodes, Fletcher, boyd, matias, haven't lived anywhere near up to their hype or reputations, price tags or wages, you could maybe add joao to that too. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

The article's wrong about last season, because it doesn't take into consideration the horrific injury list and Chansiri's terrible mistake in retaining Carlos.

But in general the article is correct.

This division is replete with clubs whose fans think their clubs are bigger than they actually are.

There's one up the road, and a couple down the road for starters.

The fact is that we've not kicked a ball in the PL for almost 20 years, and that's not happened by accident.

Once the maximum wage was abolished in the early 60s our way of doing things was basically defunct.

But the pedal-and-crankers on our board persevered with an outdated system.

They failed to see the changes and left the future up for grabs.

It’s often been argued that the club is in fact the fans, the culture, the history and everything that come with the name, which is famous across the world, not the ownership and players of the past 17 years, in which case by accepting this the writer undermines his argument.  Sheffield Wednesday are well below their proper place. Anyone who entertains this thought should have a chat with their dad and grandad, and not be surprised if they get a slap. 

41 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

We really should try the flying V next season. It's got to be better than that 5-5-0 we tried at Millwall

I'd go with a Strat myself!

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

He got one thing right, some of our recruitment has been awful. 

Mcgugan, Abdi, lachman, Rhodes, Fletcher, boyd, matias, haven't lived anywhere near up to their hype or reputations, price tags or wages, you could maybe add joao to that too. 

Thing is...its OK for you to have a critical opinion...but not the turd that wrote that article..IMHO as they say. UTO.

1 minute ago, MrsHall said:

Thing is...its OK for you to have a critical opinion...but not the turd that wrote that article..IMHO as they say. UTO.

Obviously a pig or a Weeds fan:picnic:

I mean it is probably factually correct in the statistics however not a fat lot else. Is clearly a writer who has no appreciation as to what actually went on with the club last season, these sorts of articles are usually written by a supporter of the club which gives them a slightly skewed look or "rose tinted" effect, this looks as though it has slid across the desk of someone on work experience who does not watch the championship. 

It does always fascinate me that people in this line of work do not have to do more research into the subjects they are writing about before throwing out this sort of work. 

3 hours ago, Pulcinella said:

The narrative that the more fans you have the more successful you should be is an outdated ideology.

Whilst this is certainly true, it is because TV money is shared out evenly and this favours teams that are either at the very top, or the ones with the lowest cost bases. The teams with the lowest cost bases are clubs such as Bournemouth, Watford and the like. Clubs like us the Blades, Leeds etc have relatively large support. The large support brings with it much higher costs such as policing stadium maintenance etc. etc. etc. Whilst there is the opportunity for higher merchandising, catering and the like, it is still a struggle to be profitable outside of the Premiership. A rich investor in a low cost-base club gets to spend more money on players.

Before TV money gate and Marketing receipts were king. If TV money followed the supporter instead of the even spread as is currently the case, we would return to the order of the well supported clubs being dominant.

So lets get back to the money following the supporter, TV companies should have viewers be a registered supporter of a team, one team per Viewer account, and distribute receipts in a better way. I realise that all the armchair viewers will be Manure and the ilk supporters, but, nevertheless we would be in the premiership, its only when there can you start to win armchair supporters.

Edited by mark1948
Punctuation

It gives me no pleasure to say much of what he says is true.The past 20 years have been poor.

But you could say the same about 90% of the teams in the EPL and the Football league.

Liverpool have not won the EPL or the old 1st division in the past 30 years.

Clubs like Everton, Newcastle, Sunderland, Spurs, Aston Villa, Leeds, Sheffield UTD have won nothing,

But we should be doing better, much much much than a mid table position in the 2nd tier of English Football.

However, the club has wasted millions on player recruitment and paid good wages to players who have offered nothing

in the past three seasons.Yet we still don't have a director of Football.

Why is the SWFC web site always months out of date.

The West and South stands are in desperate need of investment and refurbishment.

I could go on, but I won't, having placed £100 @ 25/1 on Wednesday to win the Championship, I

honestly feel that Jos and a little from our excellent young players might prove to be the catayst to finally

get us out of this league.

UTO