Wow - what a stupid article

13 hours ago, ka58 said:

I don’t see what’s wrong with it?

It is 100% accurate in every word that’s why.

Until we hit a period of good form, continued success such as promotion to the Premier and staying there for a few seasons we have no reason to crow about being the biggest team in Yorkshire without accepting our last two decades (an entire generation) have seen us light years behind the “promised land”.

We need to up our game in every single part of the club and those pretending otherwise are deluded.

2 hours ago, Will69 said:

It is 100% accurate in every word that’s why.

Until we hit a period of good form, continued success such as promotion to the Premier and staying there for a few seasons we have no reason to crow about being the biggest team in Yorkshire without accepting our last two decades (an entire generation) have seen us light years behind the “promised land”.

We need to up our game in every single part of the club and those pretending otherwise are deluded.

Written in the style of the original article!

3 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Written in the style of the original article!

You mean, in English, in digital format?

Well done Poirot, next can you head over to Portugal? I hear they’re having a hard time with a missing girl case.

25 minutes ago, Will69 said:

You mean, in English, in digital format?

Well done Poirot, next can you head over to Portugal? I hear they’re having a hard time with a missing girl case.

Pretty tasteless and crass reply.

At least I know what level we’re on!

1 minute ago, casbahowl said:

Pretty tasteless and crass reply.

At least I know what level we’re on!

Division two. It’s all explained in the article.

over the last 50 years our average position is 31st of the 92 league places ……..while the reasoning for what the OP  says can be argued against the fact is he's on the money with being in our rightful place . 

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

over the last 50 years our average position is 31st of the 92 league places ……..while the reasoning for what the OP  says can be argued against the fact is he's on the money with being in our rightful place . 

Got to aree, Torry. When I first started watching Wdnesday we were a Second Division club.After a while, we became known as the 'Yo Yo Club' , moving from the Second to the First and back, and after two spells in the old L.1 and the Premiership,we have spent our time between the Championship (still the second division) and League 1 (the old 3rd Division) The neaest we have got since our relgation from the premiership is our play-off at Wembley.and at no time in the TwentyFirst centuury have we played top league football

The number of fans is, unfortuately, of no relevance, since places in the various divisions is decided in results on the pitch.The potential of the club is obviously there, but promotion is not decded by either support or past results - ask Sunderland, or Notts County, or Forest. Some of the names I come across when listening to the Results on Sats. and hearing old names, who were once top clubs, playing below us reminds me of the old adage -'You're only as good as your current results.'

It may be hard for many Wednesday fans. It's even harder for some of us who have seen better days, but unfortunately it's true. 

2 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Got to aree, Torry. When I first started watching Wdnesday we were a Second Division club.After a while, we became known as the 'Yo Yo Club' , moving from the Second to the First and back, and after two spells in the old L.1 and the Premiership,we have spent our time between the Championship (still the second division) and League 1 (the old 3rd Division) The neaest we have got since our relgation from the premiership is our play-off at Wembley.and at no time in the TwentyFirst centuury have we played top league football

The number of fans is, unfortuately, of no relevance, since places in the various divisions is decided in results on the pitch.The potential of the club is obviously there, but promotion is not decded by either support or past results - ask Sunderland, or Notts County, or Forest. Some of the names I come across when listening to the Results on Sats. and hearing old names, who were once top clubs, playing below us reminds me of the old adage -'You're only as good as your current results.'

It may be hard for many Wednesday fans. It's even harder for some of us who have seen better days, but unfortunately it's true. 

yep it's a sad fact that  clubs  that have an  average position of 31st over such a long period cant really claim there rightful place is in the top flight …...