Fernando Forestieri

I’ve changed my mind so many times on whether we should cash in / need him and in a fully fit squad we can cope without him, BUT seeing how he added (and B.B & Lees) a threadbare team that looked destined for relegation was transformed into a team averaging enough points that autos isn’t out of the question. 

One of the points I wanted to make, and I feel strongly about this, is I want us to only bring in players who are comfortable on the ball For all their previous shortcomings, players like Nuhiu and Joao, had good technical ability It’s no surprise that they are able to sync so well with Forestieri For all his endeavour, and I know he has his fans, Winnall does not have that sort of ability We have several players in this category, and we need to ease them out

That second goal on Sunday. He saw what was going to happen and started his run whilst in the centre circle; how many players at any level would have seen that? He made what was a straightforward backpass into a bad one and a goal for us.

And that, I think, is what makes him so special. He obviously has the ability but he is a great thinker as well and makes things happen, creating chances out of nothing.

Every player, I suppose, has his price but that sort of thing you can't replace.

FF is our best player, we don’t have any other players as technically gifted as Forestieri. if we cash in yes we will get Millions for him but we most likely won’t find a replacement anywhere near as good as him. I also think it might make other key players think to move away if we start selling our best assets, we have more chance of winning promotion with Forestieri in our team, for me we have to keep him 

28 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Why, oh why, are there so many Wednesday supporters who are so obsessed with MONEY. If we get or develop a good player, and somebody comes in with a few quid, must we always be thinking of selling Everybdy seems to be frightened to death of FFP.  Surely, shod we stat to fall foul ofthe Rules, the first punishment would be to stop us buying players. Were this to happen, we would be unable to buy players until our selling had wiped out oir debt. Therefore the best idea is to keep the players we have, and carry on.

FFP aside, as soon as we get a half-decent player, the cry goes up 'sell'. It annoys the sh8t out of me.

Nowt to do with being obsessed with money. Its about Wednesday having a sensible mature policy that utilizes the madness of other clubs and their desperation for success at any cost. 

Footballs got a pecking order. Even the Liverpools of this world have to sell when somebody like Barca or Chelsea comes knocking for their best players - Coutinho, Suarez and Torres being good examples. Liverpool have sold at the top of the market making sure that they maximise transfer income for the benefit of the club and reinvesting those funds to further strengthen the team. You can bet your bottom dollar that if Salah's impressive form continues then Real, Barca, PSG will be sniffing around and that Liverpool will squeeze every last drop out of any subsequent transfer for the benefit of the club.

Love FF to bits and would hate to lose him, but if somebody dangles that big juicy carrot for a 28 year old and the money is right for Jos to be able to strengthen the team overall then he will be sold im afraid.

There are so many examples when we have kept hold of players for too long and ended up getting a fraction of their true value. Look at Hirsty. Man U offered a British Transfer record of 5 million, we ended up selling him for less than half that amount.

Players are like shares, their value goes up as well as down. The well run clubs make sure they sell at the top of the market. So should Wednesday.

43 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

One of the points I wanted to make, and I feel strongly about this, is I want us to only bring in players who are comfortable on the ball For all their previous shortcomings, players like Nuhiu and Joao, had good technical ability It’s no surprise that they are able to sync so well with Forestieri For all his endeavour, and I know he has his fans, Winnall does not have that sort of ability We have several players in this category, and we need to ease them out

I'll always said that Winnall isn't good enough to link play with the likes of FF and Hooper.

They weren't fit for most of the season but still. I'd get rid of Winnall and even though he's been out for a while we'll make money on him.

38 minutes ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

That second goal on Sunday. He saw what was going to happen and started his run whilst in the centre circle; how many players at any level would have seen that? He made what was a straightforward backpass into a bad one and a goal for us.

And that, I think, is what makes him so special. He obviously has the ability but he is a great thinker as well and makes things happen, creating chances out of nothing.

Every player, I suppose, has his price but that sort of thing you can't replace.

I agree. His is special and unique at this level. Nobody like him in the championship is there? It's the balance of skills, touch and technique but with desire, determination and work rate rate that make him the player he is. Keep him at all costs along with Bannan and Lee's. Under Jos there is no reason why we cannot push on with a good functioning team around those 3. As Cardiff have proved you don't necessarily need the best players in the championship to be successful.....

I’d rather us sell Winnall and Rhodes before we even consider selling FF!! Both are proven goalscorers at this level and will attract multimillion pound offers, if we’re worried about FFP then these 2 would be the first I would consider selling. Along with Jones, Palmer and Fox (possibly Boyd too) who wouldn’t get big money by would offload them off the wage bill

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I’ve read a few posts suggesting we should cash in, and invest in 2 or 3 new players

We absolutely shouldn’t in my opinion, he is essential to any hopes we have of getting to the Premier League Without Forestieri, we are just a well organised upper mid table side He has made a huge difference to our fortunes, since his return 

Next season, we need to build the side around him The good thing for me is, that Jos seems to be doing exactly this, playing him with players who are on the same wavelength Utilising players like Joao and Nuhiu, who are both clever players with the technical ability to sinc with the Argentinian We need to recruit more of these type of players, and stop trying to mix and match with these championship hardened players It won’t work, they are too limited as footballers

Im old enough to remember, in previous times, when we had DiCanio and Carbone, and we tried to link them with the likes of Andy Booth Nobody else in that side was on the same wavelength, and all the Italians could do, was pass to each other 

I’d rather us bring in 2 or 3 quality loanees, who could go straight into the side, than try and raise the money to buy a similar amount of journeymen

Fessi on his game is the best player of his type in the league, we have seen from the last few months with him in the team we create and score goals without him we scrap for points as few players in his absents have stepped up other than maybe Joao and Nuihu. 

But we don't know if we have broke FFP or not everything seems to have gone quiet on it, if we have then we may need to sell to get back within the guidelines and Fessi, Bannan, Hooper, Reach, Westwood, Lees are our most salable assets.

I personally believe you only sell a play if you don't need him or if you get a silly offer, If someone offered us £20m for Fessi - I am not saying they will but this is a silly offer for a Championship player then we then take it, buy in Maddison/Marshall for the problem right wing, McArthur for the central midfield role, sign Venancio and have £5m left to use elsewhere or balance the books then for me this is good business. 

But if we don't get a silly offer then it would be SILLY to sell our best player unless he does not fit the plans of the next manager.   

Nando is a player worth the entrance fee alone. He is our biggest threat to the opposition. His ability to hassle the opposition back line & win back possession and he scores goals. Totally irreplaceable imo. 

If a prem club want him I can understand him wanting to board the money train. But it's crazy to sell to another championship club. 

Put £20 mill price tag and keep him happy ffs!