Fernando Forestieri

If a premier league club shows serious interest in FF then he will go, end of imo

1. He will double his wages 

2. It could be his last chance to play in PL at 28

3. If we stand in his way we already know how FF can spit his dummy out if the pram which in turn effects the squad.

If we get an approach in today’s market  I think we accept 15M and no less!!

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

We have a manager who seems to understand Fernando’s best role. In which case I strongly hope he stays.

Had Carlos still been here, and still seen him as a striker, I'd sell him in a heartbeat. 

I disagree reed with you guru that he is the difference, or that we should build around him, or anyone for that matter. But motivated (which he seems to be) and played not as a centre-forward (as Jos seems to agree) he is one of our most important 3 or 4 players, alongside Lees, Bannan and Reach imo.

Hang on, you've been saying for the last 2 years, FF on the left wing in a 442 is his best position. We're not playing that.

He's part of a front 3, and popping up all over the place. Which is exactly what many of us have said should happen for a long time.

100% he is the difference. Between midtable mediocrity, and a potential promotion campaign.

6 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

If a premier league club shows serious interest in FF then he will go, end of imo

1. He will double his wages 

2. It could be his last chance to play in PL at 28

3. If we stand in his way we already know how FF can spit his dummy out if the pram which in turn effects the squad.

If we get an approach in today’s market  I think we accept 15M and no less!!

1)  No premier league club will offer him nearly 70 grand a week

2) Agree

3) I personally feel that he wants to get into the PL with ourselves and has a lot of making up to do after the Norwich debacle and the season long injury.

After the season he has had, no team will pay 15m for FF.

25 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

To be fair, whilst nearly all our players are loving life in Dubai. 

Forestieri looks to be in Argentina, running and pushing himself everyday it seems on his instagram.

I see Bannan and Joao are there together.

lol

A bit of an odd couple.

15 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Hang on, you've been saying for the last 2 years, FF on the left wing in a 442 is his best position. We're not playing that.

He's part of a front 3, and popping up all over the place. Which is exactly what many of us have said should happen for a long time.

100% he is the difference. Between midtable mediocrity, and a potential promotion campaign.

Bang on!!!

Carlos was constantly trying to shove him into a rigid 442. He was either a striker or expected to hug the touch line and play as an out and out left winger. He was wasted!!

We have been crying out for a manager with the guts to use Fernando creatively and now we finally have one, he’s been the best player in the division over the last couple of months.

Playing Forestieri in a front three, giving him license to roam as Jos has done, will get the best out of him and see us back in the promotion race next season.

40 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Bang on!!!

Carlos was constantly trying to shove him into a rigid 442. He was either a striker or expected to hug the touch line and play as an out and out left winger. He was wasted!!

We have been crying out for a manager with the guts to use Fernando creatively and now we finally have one, he’s been the best player in the division over the last couple of months.

Playing Forestieri in a front three, giving him license to roam as Jos has done, will get the best out of him and see us back in the promotion race next season.

And he can do this Trev, because players like Nuhiu and Joao are comfortable interchanging with him That fluidity is what modern football is all about, and a style that brings the best out of Fernando

I kinda think he owes us one for putting up with his antics of not wanting to play in that game however that kind of loyalty doesn't often happen. He should take a look at Nuhiu's attitude. He does seem more focused and his celebrations since his recovery from injury seem more committed. 

Essential to our play. Fantastic player when he is on it, and having come back from injury, he has looked and played fantastically well.

Obviously, he is going to attract the interest of other teams, and rightly so, so if I was in Jos's position, I would be saying to FF, give us this year, play to your best, and if we do not manage to get promotion, then we will let you explore your options and move on. FF is one of our squad who we can guarantee a sizeable transfer fee.

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Wow. We agree. 

I am am very happy with FF wide of a 4, or wide of a 3. Just NEVER central in a 2.

Life will be far duller now we agree. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

One of the points I wanted to make, and I feel strongly about this, is I want us to only bring in players who are comfortable on the ball For all their previous shortcomings, players like Nuhiu and Joao, had good technical ability It’s no surprise that they are able to sync so well with Forestieri For all his endeavour, and I know he has his fans, Winnall does not have that sort of ability We have several players in this category, and we need to ease them out

100 % agree.

On Forestieri, I doubt many want him to leave and ideally he wouldn't but our financial situation isn't ideal by the sounds of it either. If, big if, we did get a whopping bid that eased our FFP situation whilst allowing us to strengthen the team overall (in Jos's opinion..... probably from the continent) then it could well happen.

Before knowing about his playing whilst carrying an injury, I had the feeling he wasn't putting the effort in that he had previously in some games.

This coupled with the suspicion he wanted to be elsewhere led me to believe he should be transferred to the highest bidder at the end of last season.

Watching him closely since his return though I have to agree that the club should do its best to hold on to him.

He has scored a goal a game since his comback and was particularly good on Sunday scoring one and being heavily involved in the build up three of the others.

He has the blend of pace, skill and tenacity that is hard to find now he is restored to full fitness.

He's won me over. Just hope he is not now viewed as a way out of our P & S problem.

4 hours ago, nickswfc said:

Agree with OP. To me Bannan and Forestieri are our two best players by quite some distance.

Whilst the other players deserve some credit, Nuhiu in particular. I don't think our last 10 games would have been any different to the rest of this awful season.

Must do all we can to keep them both here and fit. Otherwise I can't see next season being any different. 

we haven't a clue what targets jos has in mind, no doubt there'll be some, it's just they may have to be curbed by our financial position, UNLESS someone is offloaded, i too hope we can keep our stars, but as nearly all of us know, sides won't be kicking the door in to sign our highly paid crocks.

38 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Essential to our play. Fantastic player when he is on it, and having come back from injury, he has looked and played fantastically well.

Obviously, he is going to attract the interest of other teams, and rightly so, so if I was in Jos's position, I would be saying to FF, give us this year, play to your best, and if we do not manage to get promotion, then we will let you explore your options and move on. FF is one of our squad who we can guarantee a sizeable transfer fee.

BANG ON for me, IF we can this season it might be the limit of our now (called) aging squad, if we don't then cash in and give the man in charge the money to rebuild with younger men in the mix.

5 hours ago, prowl said:

You don't build a side around a player as temperamental as FF. If he gets one of his strops on your season is down the pan. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying he would but why take the chance. I know he is one of the best players in the Championship but what happens if he gets another bad injury? We'd be screwed.

We need to build a team that can be competitive with or without him and then he can be the extra dimension that can make us great.

Whatever people say we are not the finished article, we've got a brittleness about us that needs sorting. If other teams want to play football we can match them (most times) but we aren't great if the opposition rough us up and close us down. Hopefully Jos can work on the mental attitude of the players but we still need a bit of steel.

Aye. Fact is yes it can't be about one player it never is. PL top 6 teams have 2 FFS in the side plus another for luck.  At any one time one of these is off colour for less or more bizarre reasons. (NO offence FF who has a sound sensible and.. loyal head (heart) on him. 

FF is super important to us 2018-19 however.  .

SeIf a mid table prem club, come in for him, he will leave. Just a fact of life he is a professional footballer, as such wants to play at the highest level. I do think he is enjoying life in Sheffield but money talks, another contract with in the premier league he and his family are set for life. The close season is the time we could lose him as I think by next January if we are top 2 he would stay. 

4 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

SeIf a mid table prem club, come in for him, he will leave. Just a fact of life he is a professional footballer, as such wants to play at the highest level. I do think he is enjoying life in Sheffield but money talks, another contract with in the premier league he and his family are set for life. The close season is the time we could lose him as I think by next January if we are top 2 he would stay. 

I don't disagree with what you say, but don't you think his current contract with Wednesday (4 years @ £40k/wk, I believe) has set him for life?

He has been renting in chapel town since he's been here..and this week he has been looking at a new development in dungworth...other side of stannington..and by the way how many mid table prem teams will pay him what we are paying?,...he's staying believe you me..even tho his wife doesn't like Sheffield..apparantly

Guest Arcadianrocket

I would say FF and Bannan walk into any top 6 side in this league. In fact both would be able to play regularly for lower half prem team.

To think we got these two and Westwood and Lees, Wallce for less then 4m, again highlights the daft signings we have made post playoffs.

Edited by Arcadianrocket