Fernando Forestieri

Would be a very sad day indeed if he left. Amongst the top 5 Wednesday players  of the last 40 years who gets me excited about watching us. i think  it would be a disaster to let him go. If he has the sort of season he is capable of he could get us in the top 6 almost by himself.  But it is what it is. If a Prem club came in I think he'd go. And who would blame/begrudge him (as long as it wasn't Hudds. Think he may also go if it were Fulham or Villa.  Hope he stays...

13 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

I don't disagree with what you say, but don't you think his current contract with Wednesday (4 years @ £40k/wk, I believe) has set him for life?

You would like to think so but a potential 15m transfer would give a nice signing bonus maybe 1m then an increase on his wages. Can't discount that his family may want to live somewhere they deem better than Sheffield (hard to believe I know) maybe closer to London etc. Would not want him to go as best player we have had here in 20 years.

If someone is willing to spend 15 to 20 million on him, then I think you have to sell...but I hope that scenario doesn't occur. 

He's 28 and, despite how brilliant he is, hasn't played at the highest level. Whether someone is willing to splash the sort of cash I think we'd be asking for and match his wages is up for debate. 

It’s players like nando that get you out of this league. That cross for Troy deeny to get Watford in to the PL was worth more than 15/20 million. Bannan, nando, j wow and atty are all a hand full. They all seem to bounce off each other. Chuck Kieran lee in there and Pelupessy and I really do think where challenging. Some new additions and still time for players to come good. Some of our academy players have done fantastic. It would be suicide to sell nando now. (In my opinion)

Just now, ES6owl said:

It’s players like nando that get you out of this league. That cross for Troy deeny to get Watford in to the PL was worth more than 15/20 million. Bannan, nando, j wow and atty are all a hand full. They all seem to bounce off each other. Chuck Kieran lee in there and Pelupessy and I really do think where challenging. Some new additions and still time for players to come good. Some of our academy players have done fantastic. It would be suicide to sell nando now. (In my opinion)

Despite how poor the season has been, we still have some really good players at this level. 

Reasonably optimistic for the future. Fingers crossed. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Despite how poor the season has been, we still have some really good players at this level. 

Reasonably optimistic for the future. Fingers crossed. 

We’ve finished strong, I agree tho looking forward to next season..!!

22 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Wow. We agree. 

I am am very happy with FF wide of a 4, or wide of a 3. Just NEVER central in a 2.

Life will be far duller now we agree. 

If Luhukay achieves nothing else in his time here, he'll always have a place in my heart for this alone.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 2

On 11/05/2018 at 09:29, gurujuan said:

I’ve read a few posts suggesting we should cash in, and invest in 2 or 3 new players

We absolutely shouldn’t in my opinion, he is essential to any hopes we have of getting to the Premier League Without Forestieri, we are just a well organised upper mid table side He has made a huge difference to our fortunes, since his return 

Next season, we need to build the side around him The good thing for me is, that Jos seems to be doing exactly this, playing him with players who are on the same wavelength Utilising players like Joao and Nuhiu, who are both clever players with the technical ability to sinc with the Argentinian We need to recruit more of these type of players, and stop trying to mix and match with these championship hardened players It won’t work, they are too limited as footballers

Im old enough to remember, in previous times, when we had DiCanio and Carbone, and we tried to link them with the likes of Andy Booth Nobody else in that side was on the same wavelength, and all the Italians could do, was pass to each other 

I’d rather us bring in 2 or 3 quality loanees, who could go straight into the side, than try and raise the money to buy a similar amount of journeymen

We don't need to sell him, so don't