BREAKING NEWS: Official #SWFC Retained List

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Assuming we sign Venancio that leaves us with Lees, Venancio, Pudil, Van Aken. Will we get another if we play 3 of them? 

Hutch and Thornley can also play centre half, so for me we'd have enough, other areas need strengthening and we need to use whatever money we have wisely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HubristicClapper said:

I think the announcement means it's a no.   

No Vanancio next season, so it's to Van Aken, the kids or a new recruit.

Perhaps you’re right, we supposedly had the option to sign him. But we may not have had the chance to formalise anything.

1 hour ago, snaykz said:

Sheffield Wednesday can announce the club’s retained list ahead of the conclusion of the 2017/18 season.

Daniel Pudil has signed a new one-year contract, while Glenn Loovens, Ross Wallace and Jake Kean will leave Hillsborough following the expiry of their current deals.

Contract offers have been made to Atdhe Nuhiu, Sean Clare, George Hirst, Dan Wallis, Warren Clarke and Jack Lee.

Loan agreements for Jacob Butterfield and Frederico Venancio end following the Owls’ final game of the campaign against Norwich City on Sunday.

Sheffield Wednesday would like to thank each of the departing players for their services and wish them well for the future.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2018/may/owls-announce-201718-retained-list/

That must reduce the average age of the squad somewhat 

1 minute ago, jambler said:

Probably more due to the fact that who Sij quoted posts negative comments after absolutely anything that the club do wrong, including if we lose, who we sign, release, blah blah blah.

It's tiresome. 

If you paid attention you would realise.

Unless your his mum obvs. 

Hmm a mum  , me ? Are you for real haha , sorry I don’t read and follow individuals on here I just say what I feel don’t pay any attention to anyone in particular , unlike you it seems !! 

2 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Hmm a mum  , me ? Are you for real haha , sorry I don’t read and follow individuals on here I just say what I feel don’t pay any attention to anyone in particular , unlike you it seems !! 

I read every single post that is made on this site by every single member. It turns me on. 

In a serious note, JoshtheOwl prefers to slag off the club for anything, posts non-ironic 'manager out threads after one loss. 

It's not the first time he's been pulled up for it and won't be the last. Some usernames just stick out! 

Enjoy your evening my child. 

20 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

What's the pun here? 'Nuhiuless'.

NUHIULESS.

I...nope. Still nothing. I've been looking at it for 15 minutes and it still doesn't make any sense.

Are we saying he lacks...Nuhiu? Certainly that appears to be the contention on the surface of things.

But clearly it can't be that. Because that doesn't even...I mean....for one thing 'Nuhiu' isn't a measurable commodity, it's a man's name.

Besides, even if it was a measurable commodity, even the most stubbornly witless among us would have to concende he has LOTS of 'Nuhiu' - at least relatively speaking - because he is Nuhiu.

He definitely has more Nuhiu than basically anyone else in the squad. And in fact than the vast majority of humans on the planet.

So his inherent amount of Nuhiu would be a very odd thing to pick out as a reason for criticising him. It'd be like drawing the Lewis McGugan card in SWFC Top Trumps, and choosing to go with "average km per game" as your challenge stat.

Hmm, 'Nuhiuless'. Gah! No, it must be something else. Think. THINK, dammit.

Ohhhhhh, wait - WAIT! - is it clueless? Because it ends in 'u'? Haha. Oh boy. That's just....Hahaha! AHAHAHAHAH!

HAHAHAHAHA-..hold on, I'm not done - AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA! HAHA! Oh god, have mercy. Oh my! Oh goodness. Hahaha! Phew, oh lordy my ribs.

Well, that was a cracke-...oh no here it comes again! Aahahahahahahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ahahahhhhaaaahahaahaaaaaaa!

Oh my god! Haha! Ohhhhhh, oh god c'mon, stop it. Please stop it. It actually hurts!

--[MUCH, MUCH LATER]--

Ahhhh, heck that was funny *dabs eyes*. Touch and go there for a second. I actually couldn't breathe, you git!

--[NEXT DAY]--

Didn't get much sleep. 'Nuhiuless'. Haha! Oh man.

Hey look, I've had a good few hours to think, and I've come up with one too.

Wait for it - ok here we go:

"We're going to the Galapagos".

The Galapagos.

Think about it. No no, you'll get it.

THINK about it. 'Galapagos'. GalapagOS.

ARGOS, you muppet!

What?

Well it's obvious innit, it sort of ends in the same couple of letters.

Are you serious?

How are you not even...I mean...wow. Ok. Whooooosh.

What do you mean?! IT ENDS IN THE SAME LETTER. It's obvious!

It's CLEVER.

Yes it is.

Yes it does.

Yes it...ah, sod yer.

No sense of humour, some people.

:picnic:

I think it’s clueless . 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jambler said:

I read every single post that is made on this site by every single member. It turns me on. 

In a serious note, JoshtheOwl prefers to slag off the club for anything, posts non-ironic 'manager out threads after one loss. 

It's not the first time he's been pulled up for it and won't be the last. Some usernames just stick out! 

Enjoy your evening my child. 

You are very funny actually  !!!!! . Thank you for the update though . The reason I felt compelled to say my bit is solely because I don’t agree with anyone getting such awful comments , it would hurt me , 

12 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Is that really necessary ? 

It isn't. And since I am very much of the view that all this anonymous aggression on the internet is taking us to Hell in a handcart, I shouldn't do it. Mea culpa.

But. In mitigation I have never - really, never - seen such a bizarre and disproportionate reaction to a player as I have seen to Nuhui. Up until the recent purple patch it was possible to argue that he was a limited player, not really what we needed if we had top ten championship ambitions, and we had several better options. That can still be argued now, although with more difficulty.

What instead we have seen is people going off with abusive and quite incredible assessments, that he's the worst player they have seen, that he couldn't cut it in league one, that he is wholly useless. Those are such strange things to believe that it's hard to see how they could be held honestly, It has been a pretty vicious campaign at times.

But it is better ignored - although Mr Tom's evisceration is perhaps the best response of all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

What's the pun here? 'Nuhiuless'.

NUHIULESS.

I...nope. Still nothing. I've been looking at it for 15 minutes and it still doesn't make any sense.

Are we saying he lacks...Nuhiu? Certainly that appears to be the contention on the surface of things.

But clearly it can't be that. Because that doesn't even...I mean....for one thing 'Nuhiu' isn't a measurable commodity, it's a man's name.

Besides, even if it was a measurable commodity, even the most stubbornly witless among us would have to concende he has LOTS of 'Nuhiu' - at least relatively speaking - because he is Nuhiu.

He definitely has more Nuhiu than basically anyone else in the squad. And in fact than the vast majority of humans on the planet.

So his inherent amount of Nuhiu would be a very odd thing to pick out as a reason for criticising him. It'd be like drawing the Lewis McGugan card in SWFC Top Trumps, and choosing to go with "average km per game" as your challenge stat.

Hmm, 'Nuhiuless'. Gah! No, it must be something else. Think. THINK, dammit.

Ohhhhhh, wait - WAIT! - is it clueless? Because it ends in 'u'? Haha. Oh boy. That's just....Hahaha! AHAHAHAHAH!

HAHAHAHAHA-..hold on, I'm not done - AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA! HAHA! Oh god, have mercy. Oh my! Oh goodness. Hahaha! Phew, oh lordy my ribs.

Well, that was a cracke-...oh no here it comes again! Aahahahahahahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ahahahhhhaaaahahaahaaaaaaa!

Oh my god! Haha! Ohhhhhh, oh god c'mon, stop it. Please stop it. It actually hurts!

--[MUCH, MUCH LATER]--

Ahhhh, heck that was funny *dabs eyes*. Touch and go there for a second. I actually couldn't breathe, you git!

--[NEXT DAY]--

Didn't get much sleep. 'Nuhiuless'. Haha! Oh man.

Hey look, I've had a good few hours to think, and I've come up with one too.

Wait for it - ok here we go:

"We're going to the Galapagos".

The Galapagos.

Think about it. No no, you'll get it.

THINK about it. 'Galapagos'. GalapagOS.

ARGOS, you muppet!

What?

Well it's obvious innit, it sort of ends in the same couple of letters.

Are you serious?

How are you not even...I mean...wow. Ok. Whooooosh.

What do you mean?! IT ENDS IN THE SAME LETTER. It's obvious!

It's CLEVER.

Yes it is.

Yes it does.

Yes it...ah, sod yer.

No sense of humour, some people.

:picnic:

I think this is the best post I’ve ever seen on Owlstalk. Thanks for bringing a lot of joy to my Tuesday evening!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

Be interesting to see how many are out of contract end of next season, bet there’s loads! 

Westwood

Hunt

Palmer

Pudil

Hutch

Jones

Joao 

matias

boyd

abdi 

Nearly.  Out of contract players in June 2019 are;

Westwood

Hunt

Palmer

Fox

Pudil

Jones

Bannan

Abdi

Lee

Matias

Boyd

Joao

Hooper

Hutch is contracted 2020 believe it or not.