Westwood in demand?

10 minutes ago, vulva said:

We won’t get promoted next season, with or without Westwood. We are heading for a couple of fallow years, and I’m not convinced a large % of the fan base have got their heads round that. 

Top 3 next season will be Southampton and 2 of the sides that don’t make it through the playoffs. 

Gasp, let's hope Birmingham win this week !!

13 minutes ago, vulva said:

We won’t get promoted next season, with or without Westwood. We are heading for a couple of fallow years, and I’m not convinced a large % of the fan base have got their heads round that. 

Top 3 next season will be Southampton and 2 of the sides that don’t make it through the playoffs. 

We'll see. I'm sure Sunderland, Hull and Middlesborough thought they would bounce straight back up, well maybe not Sunderland. Theres always a surprise every year, I can't remember where Wolves finished last year but I never expected them to walk away with the title at this point last year. Mind you I never expected us to be where we are either.

1 hour ago, whatdial said:

Doubtful they have 2 keepers already good enough for the championship. Don’t think they would waste their money paying for another keeper. 

Unless they are losing 1 or 2 keepers they already have.

Can't see this happening, but if anybody offers silly money, we've got to take it.

We have to be realistic, we are going to loose some first teamers over the summer if we are to bring in new players

Thr expensive injury prone ones (Abdi, Fletcher, Matias etc) won’t be easy to shift. Rhodes, Boyd, Jones etc nobody will want so we are down to who can we do without.

if it’s a choice between Westwood, Bannan, Lees or Fessi then unfortunately Westwood is the one I’d let go 

Wildsmith has done well as has Dawson, but I'm not sure they are ready to jump up to permanent number 1 for a team hoping to be competing further up the table next season, still young so mistakes are more frequent. Westwood has been one of the best keepers if not the best in the league for years now, would be daft to just sell him as there are others I'd move on before him if we need cash. 

The two young keepers need half a season out on loan each, if we could loan both out and bring in an experienced second choice keeper on small wages to sit on the bench then that would be quite smart. 

He's been one of the best keepers we've had in a long time, them first 3 seasons with us he was brilliant, consistent every week! 

However this season for him he's been injured a lot, also for me out of form too compared to previous sesaons.

I'd be happy to see him leave in the summer, it's just that time where it's best for both to move on, get him off the wage bill & a decent fee too be nice, he probably would like a fresh challenge as well, plus lets face it a better chance to play in the prem with southampton than us

Wildsmith & Dawson more than ready to hold the fort next season, a big summer for both to improve, especially Wildsmith with kicking & commanding his box

Would be a statement of intent from the club that we're not interested in promotion for the next few years. We'd get about 2 or 3 million quid for an ageing westwood it'd cost us a good 10 points over the course of the season. Wildsmiths got potential but he's miles away from being a no 1 at a top half championship club, it'd be like selling hooper, ff and joao and going with hirst and borukov to spearhead our promotion push.

I think KW being out of the side has some forgetting just how good he is.

He's worth 10-12 points a season to us which is invaluable in any situation. I'd hate to see us sell him but if our hand is forced there's not much we can do. The one saving grace is we have a fantastic GK coach in Andy Rhodes so whoever is number 1 next season will no doubt improve their game.