Carlos Carvalhal "I feel sorry for Sheffield Wednesday after sacking me"

37 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlos Carvalhal Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

Swansea City boss Carlos Carvalhal has explained he felt sorry for Sheffield Wednesday after receiving his marching orders as he believes they have lost a good manager, Sky Sports report.

The Portuguese boss twice led Wednesday to the Championship playoffs but falling short of reaching the Premier League and subsequently underachieving this season led to his dismissal.

Carvalhal has since joined Swansea, a deal which surprised many at the time, but his impact has been stunning as the Swans have climbed away from the relegation zone with five wins in their last 10 league games.

The former Owls boss certainly backs his own ability, so much that he recently told reporters how he feels sorry for former clubs who sack him as they then end up losing a good manager.

"If a club sacks me one day, the next morning, I feel sorry for them because they have lost a good manager,” Carvalhal told Sky Sports.

"My background is strong, in knowledge - in both theory and practice. I know I have experience and I'm completely ready for everything."

Carvalhal’s comments may smack of arrogance, yet his confident demeanour has no doubt rubbed off on his current Swansea players and the Welsh side are in a great position to retain their top-flight status.

Wednesday, meanwhile, haven’t really made any progress under new boss Jos Luhukay and some fans may start to wonder whether dismissing Carvalhal really was the correct decision considering the circumstances.

The Owls have no doubt underperformed this season, but much of their current struggles could be put down to a lengthy injury list and the long-term absence of star player Fernando Forestieri.

You Carlos are an 100% fraud ,Fact you spoke to Swansea twice while you were employed by Sheffield Wednesday , You left Sheffield Wednesday  ,Because you saw we were going into a relegation battle ,It was damage limitation on your part.

I was sorry I had to watch the tactical debacle v Huddersfield. An opportunity against very ordinary opposition with the chance of glory in the final against more ordinary opposition. An opportunity that will never present itself again. Thanks Carlos.

• Like 1

hmmm 

His first season was great, moral seemed high and results were generally

good. The second season grumbles were already surfacing, the lack of promotion opportunity’s from the youth, strange tatical choices and negative style was masked by a top 6 finish. 

However, for me, the approach taken against The udders was shocking. I will

never forget the JR penalty stance, either bad management or worse inability to install Confidence, not helped by publicity outing players low on it. 

The cracks really started to show pre season, and then the injury’s, player after player falling like a domino set built

on a Hill. He lost the confidence, the dressing room and the support of a expectant fan base. However he managed to keep DC on board throughout causing the infamous midnight rant. 

We lost a manger out of ideas, working on his own plan which the players didn’t buy into, the fans wanted refunding on his approach and from that Stance it was inevitable he went. 

Good luck to him, but lording it up at Swansea managing a few wins is hardly reason to pity your previous employers.  

• Like 1

Just now, gazzamk2 said:

Be interesting to see how well Swansea fare after they've had pre-season training at Carlos' mums house

soccer-in-America-fat-goalkeeper (1).jpg

I told you to stop photographing me on Sunday mornings, its a breach of privacy you know!!! lol

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

Fifteen management jobs in 14 years before Wednesday tells its own story. Only a matter of time before it catches up with him again.

Class is permanent....good fortune is only temporary.

That's 16 clubs who lost a good manager then. If only they'd realised that after a purple patch at Swansea he's finally been proven to be a great manager...

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

Fifteen management jobs in 14 years

Look at any manager that manages in the countries he has, you tend to only get a year in the job. But dont let that get in the way of a good bashing of the best manager we've had for years... 

This thread is brilliant by the way - great entertainment 

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah but in an interview about Carlos leaving Sheffield Wednesday, feeling sorry for Sheffield Wednesday after he left Sheffield Wednesday apparently the bit where he says he was sacked isn't about Sheffield Wednesday

Honest

lol

To be fair, the article is about us, but Carlos never mentions us, even the report says...

"he recently told reporters how he feels sorry for former clubs who sack him as they then end up losing a good manager."

So "for clubs" not us specifically. Plus he, the Chairman and anyone else who's ever mentioned it in interviews has always said "mutual agreement".

Not that it matters either way.

:manager:

He really does seem to be doing his best to  annoy us.

I wish I could argue he was misquoted but theres no way that happened.

That article smacks of complete arrogance.

He gave us a great first season but he left us in a mess and swans off to the PL.

He blew a chance to become a legend imo.