Carlos Carvalhal "I feel sorry for Sheffield Wednesday after sacking me"

Carlos Carvalhal Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

Swansea City boss Carlos Carvalhal has explained he felt sorry for Sheffield Wednesday after receiving his marching orders as he believes they have lost a good manager, Sky Sports report.

The Portuguese boss twice led Wednesday to the Championship playoffs but falling short of reaching the Premier League and subsequently underachieving this season led to his dismissal.

Carvalhal has since joined Swansea, a deal which surprised many at the time, but his impact has been stunning as the Swans have climbed away from the relegation zone with five wins in their last 10 league games.

The former Owls boss certainly backs his own ability, so much that he recently told reporters how he feels sorry for former clubs who sack him as they then end up losing a good manager.

"If a club sacks me one day, the next morning, I feel sorry for them because they have lost a good manager,” Carvalhal told Sky Sports.

"My background is strong, in knowledge - in both theory and practice. I know I have experience and I'm completely ready for everything."

Carvalhal’s comments may smack of arrogance, yet his confident demeanour has no doubt rubbed off on his current Swansea players and the Welsh side are in a great position to retain their top-flight status.

Wednesday, meanwhile, haven’t really made any progress under new boss Jos Luhukay and some fans may start to wonder whether dismissing Carvalhal really was the correct decision considering the circumstances.

The Owls have no doubt underperformed this season, but much of their current struggles could be put down to a lengthy injury list and the long-term absence of star player Fernando Forestieri.

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Swansea City boss Carlos Carvalhal has explained he felt sorry for Sheffield Wednesday after receiving his marching orders as he believes they have lost a good manager, Sky Sports report.

"If a club sacks me one day, the next morning, I feel sorry for them because they have lost a good manager,” Carvalhal told Sky Sports.

Firstly, why does every article state he was sacked. It was a mutual agreement; stop trying to make out he was hard done by! 

Secondly, let's see if this good manager keeps Swansea up, they're by no means safe yet.

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Interesting he admits that he was sacked too

I see where he's quoted  he  feels sorry for clubs when they sack him , I don't see  where he was quoted  he was sacked by Sheffield Wednesday .

Edited by torryowl
  • Like 1