Carlos Carvalhal "I feel sorry for Sheffield Wednesday after sacking me"

26 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

I think you need to look around at the championship clubs who have spent far more than us and success has eluded them.

Money alone is no guarantee of success.

Cowboy Carvalhal’s time at Wednesday proves that spending money doesn’t always equal success.

We spent a fortune on proven and experienced players.  They were managed badly and we achieved no success as a result.

31 minutes ago, sage owl said:

I honestly think if he'd put winall on when Fletcher came off against Huddersfield we'd be in the premier league now. 100% his decision he was way too negative over 2 legs and it cost us but ultimately he's profited from it.

It's a big fizz off from me Carlos.

Completely agree, just going for it at all at any point in either of the two legs vs Huddersfield would have us in the prem. Terrible negative tactics. He might be a good manager 60 percent of the time, but that other 40 he is baffling to any with a brain. Good luck to Swansea, they are going to need it in a year or two time when it all starts to crumble. 

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlos Carvalhal Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

Swansea City boss Carlos Carvalhal has explained he felt sorry for Sheffield Wednesday after receiving his marching orders as he believes they have lost a good manager, Sky Sports report.

The Portuguese boss twice led Wednesday to the Championship playoffs but falling short of reaching the Premier League and subsequently underachieving this season led to his dismissal.

Carvalhal has since joined Swansea, a deal which surprised many at the time, but his impact has been stunning as the Swans have climbed away from the relegation zone with five wins in their last 10 league games.

The former Owls boss certainly backs his own ability, so much that he recently told reporters how he feels sorry for former clubs who sack him as they then end up losing a good manager.

"If a club sacks me one day, the next morning, I feel sorry for them because they have lost a good manager,” Carvalhal told Sky Sports.

"My background is strong, in knowledge - in both theory and practice. I know I have experience and I'm completely ready for everything."

Carvalhal’s comments may smack of arrogance, yet his confident demeanour has no doubt rubbed off on his current Swansea players and the Welsh side are in a great position to retain their top-flight status.

Wednesday, meanwhile, haven’t really made any progress under new boss Jos Luhukay and some fans may start to wonder whether dismissing Carvalhal really was the correct decision considering the circumstances.

The Owls have no doubt underperformed this season, but much of their current struggles could be put down to a lengthy injury list and the long-term absence of star player Fernando Forestieri.

What a charlie he turned out to be.

I'd like to point out that this wonderful article is in fact the work of HITC. 

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/03/26/tt-carvalhal-explains-why-he-felt-sorry-for-sheffield-wednesday/

HITC took a SkySports article, which is completely unrelated to Sheffield Wednesday, and basically made this utter drivel. 

This is the Sky article:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11304042/jose-mourinho-likes-to-fight-with-people-says-carlos-carvalhal

Put yer pitchforks away lads. 

• Haha 2

I had a decorator that painted my windows last summer....he started off quite well but after a week he was splattering it all over the glass so I sacked him.

He called me up a couple of weeks after I fired him and told me that he felt sorry for me which was great...made everything better.

51 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

I'd like to point out that this wonderful article is in fact the work of HITC. 

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/03/26/tt-carvalhal-explains-why-he-felt-sorry-for-sheffield-wednesday/

HITC took a SkySports article, which is completely unrelated to Sheffield Wednesday, and basically made this utter drivel. 

This is the Sky article:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11304042/jose-mourinho-likes-to-fight-with-people-says-carlos-carvalhal

Put yer pitchforks away lads. 

*cough*

2 hours ago, CLswfc said:

I would say 99% of managers leave for one reason.They left it a damn site worse that than when they inherited it. So no surprises there. The other 1% are the ones who get poached.

I would argue that most are sacked for poor runs of form or a string of bad results on the whole not for a full demolition job. CC not only left on a poor run of form but morale crushed among most of the squad and a treatment room full of players who were not given proper recovery time or training sessions in his tenure hence the poor fitness and attitude when the going got tough, I am not saying it was a complete obliteration of all the good work he built upon from previous seasons but his ineptitude and squad management is what has caused the problem that is this season on the side of the playing staff.