Carlos Carvalhal "I feel sorry for Sheffield Wednesday after sacking me"

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Carlos Carvalhal Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

Swansea City boss Carlos Carvalhal has explained he felt sorry for Sheffield Wednesday after receiving his marching orders as he believes they have lost a good manager, Sky Sports report.

The Portuguese boss twice led Wednesday to the Championship playoffs but falling short of reaching the Premier League and subsequently underachieving this season led to his dismissal.

Carvalhal has since joined Swansea, a deal which surprised many at the time, but his impact has been stunning as the Swans have climbed away from the relegation zone with five wins in their last 10 league games.

The former Owls boss certainly backs his own ability, so much that he recently told reporters how he feels sorry for former clubs who sack him as they then end up losing a good manager.

"If a club sacks me one day, the next morning, I feel sorry for them because they have lost a good manager,” Carvalhal told Sky Sports.

"My background is strong, in knowledge - in both theory and practice. I know I have experience and I'm completely ready for everything."

Carvalhal’s comments may smack of arrogance, yet his confident demeanour has no doubt rubbed off on his current Swansea players and the Welsh side are in a great position to retain their top-flight status.

Wednesday, meanwhile, haven’t really made any progress under new boss Jos Luhukay and some fans may start to wonder whether dismissing Carvalhal really was the correct decision considering the circumstances.

The Owls have no doubt underperformed this season, but much of their current struggles could be put down to a lengthy injury list and the long-term absence of star player Fernando Forestieri.

did they get this off 'the star', WTF.

5 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Carlos Carvalhal in talking out of his anus shocker!!!:carlosswfc:

carlos can't be responsible for this, it's easy to understand and not in total double dutch gobbledygook, DEFINITELY NOT HIM. 

4 hours ago, fredmciverslovechild said:

Fifteen management jobs in 14 years before Wednesday tells its own story. Only a matter of time before it catches up with him again.

Class is permanent....good fortune is only temporary.

he may survive longer with swansea, surely by now the club will know the first sign of the team missing fitness training for a visit to 'ye cake shoppe' and they'll be on it in a flash to impose a fitness guru, if one is not appointed already.

think of hillsborough when carlos came, who was it supervising his idea's, and who would have had the 'nads to tell dc it was wrong when things had started to improve results wise?.

2 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

Completely agree, just going for it at all at any point in either of the two legs vs Huddersfield would have us in the prem. Terrible negative tactics. He might be a good manager 60 percent of the time, but that other 40 he is baffling to any with a brain. Good luck to Swansea, they are going to need it in a year or two time when it all starts to crumble. 

they could have him out in less than that, it'll not take that division as long to realise that he's 'billy one idea', that said if his side is kept fit for him, then his negative 'slowly, slowly' game can get a side enough points to survive, and that might just be enough for swansea for 3 years or so.

1 minute ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Won’t ever forget the pigs laughing at us in our own back yard like they did in October. 

The bloke couldn’t even get the team to respond the following game against Birmingham 

And that sums up what the hatred of Carlos is about

5 hours ago, Donny.Owl said:

To be fair, the article is about us, but Carlos never mentions us, even the report says...

"he recently told reporters how he feels sorry for former clubs who sack him as they then end up losing a good manager."

So "for clubs" not us specifically. Plus he, the Chairman and anyone else who's ever mentioned it in interviews has always said "mutual agreement".

Not that it matters either way.

:manager:

PLENTY made that choice, does he want everybody to believe that every club was wrong to hook him out after 12 months?

15 clubs wrong, or a proper pillock?

Edited by dnhc
addition to

I seem to remember him coming out with this 'feeling sorry for his ex clubs' line in an interview he did while he was with us. 

either late on in the first season or earlyish in the second. 

regardless of when, or even if hes now said it twice, its embarrassing.

Guest Maxine

I just can't believe he'd be so up himself to say such a thing, if true then that really does sum him up. 

The man must be deluded 

lollol:carlos:lol

Facts are he is the best manager we've had in 20 years, there's no wonder there's so much bitterness on here. He'll keep Swansea up this season, have them mid table next season and the boys on Sky and the Beeb will be spaffing over him, while we sit on here and argue about which dinosaur the idiots on social media want to employ next. 

Edited by Not Jon Newsome
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Facts are he is the best manager we've had in 20 years, there's no wonder there's so much bitterness on here. He'll keep Swansea up this season, have them mid table next season and the boys on Sky and the Beeb will be spaffing over him, while we sit on here and argue about which dinosaur the idiots on social media want to employ next. 

Facts are he didn't have much to beat did he. Billy Bodkin could have done a good job with that kind of money.

Great manager he failed to get us promotion and caused a injury crisis because he allows his favourite players not to train hard enough neglecting all those who are not favourites. From what has been said since he left. Swansea were better than their place suggested. Next season at some point they will find him out just as happened in his second season here. His inability to adapt will show itself. He's always been good at self promotion.

As for us now, he was never going to change so had to go. Unfortunately we made a terrible choice in Jos. Even though I don't think he is right for the job it does seem as an impact manager he is totally useless but with a full preseason and his own players and own control of them he would have his best chance. I can't see him getting all those things. 

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Great predictions,would you do my Lottery numbers this week.