Who is renewing season tickets?

Just wondering how many have or will be renewing their season tickets. Not sure what cut off date is. 19th March? 

Loads of people saying we'd be mad to but I'll go anyway so I'd rather pay less than more. Quite like my seats as well so don't want to lose them. 

Do think season ticket sales will take a real hit though this year. And the thought of paying those prices to watch league 1 football ...

WTF:

Look the reality of season ticket renewals is this

No matter how bad the season before it has been the club only needs to get to closed season, announce blue and white stripes, a couple of exciting signings and talk of promotion and renewals are secured

Anyone talking like "It's the first time in 40 years I've ever thought about renewing" etc all renew. What they say between now and then is pure frustration at how the season's gone

Any season ticket holders threatening not to renew on footballing grounds currently is bluffing (but not maliciously)

The actual threat of season ticket sales for Sheffield Wednesday comes from the three year season tickets coming to an end and those fans making a decision on their next purchase.

If I could afford one of those 6 year season ticket things for me and my kids that the club recently announced then I'd snap their hands off immediately. But I can't at the price and deadlines given so I have to sadly miss out.

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

Just wondering how many have or will be renewing their season tickets. Not sure what cut off date is. 19th March? 

Loads of people saying we'd be mad to but I'll go anyway so I'd rather pay less than more. Quite like my seats as well so don't want to lose them. 

Do think season ticket sales will take a real hit though this year. And the thought of paying those prices to watch league 1 football ...

WTF:

Depends what league we're in, and who comes in and who leaves, but as it stands now, not a prayer

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Look the reality of season ticket renewals is this

No matter how bad the season before it has been the club only needs to get to closed season, announce blue and white stripes, a couple of exciting signings and talk of promotion and renewals are secured

Anyone talking like "It's the first time in 40 years I've ever thought about renewing" etc all renew. What they say between now and then is pure frustration at how the season's gone

Any season ticket holders threatening not to renew on footballing grounds currently is bluffing (but not maliciously)

The actual threat of season ticket sales for Sheffield Wednesday comes from the three year season tickets coming to an end and those fans making a decision on their next purchase.

If I could afford one of those 6 year season ticket things for me and my kids that the club recently announced then I'd snap their hands off immediately. But I can't at the price and deadlines given so I have to sadly miss out.

Thats exactly where i am Neil. Ive not decided yet weather to go for the five year ST , another three year one, or sit tight and wait until the summer before deciding weather to part with a large wad of cash again. 

The long term season tickets won't be available the summer though? So all those saying 'I'm going to wait and see how it goes' won't be able to go the 3-5ur dealbor get a single season at early bird prices?

8 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

WTF:

19th March is only the cut off for the early bird deal.

I will be renewing but only 1 year at a time because anything else amounts to lending money to a club/company that is not, at present, being efficiently managed.

For my own peace of mind I will wait to close on the early bird deadline.

By then we will have a clearer picture about which league we will be playing in.

And yes I am pretty sure that after the original 3 year ticket expires we will drift back to the 13,000/14,000 level.

This may have the good effect of bringing down POTD prices down to get bums on seats.

certainly a gamble getting the 5 year one ,if we do hit hard times and drop down to league 1 it's hard to see them selling many at 600 quid a pop so you'd think he'd have to bring the price down to something like an acceptable level for the pub league . ........course if get to the prem your probably going to save a tidy sum ....

7 minutes ago, the third man said:

Don't the original  three year tickets include next season, sure I bought mine in March 16

just Checked bought end Jan 16 so lasts for next season as well

Yeah but my point is that when any three year season ticket holders time comes to an end that's a major threat to the club if they choose not to renew and go back to pay on the gate

Made all the more of a risk if the team doesn't perform and the POTG prices puts off casual supporters stil

Owlstalk Shop

1 year left on 3 year deal. No way will I add more money in, after seeing those accounts. 

The long term deals are marketed on the premise prices would go up, if we went up. Miles off, and the odds are stacked heavily in my favour to use money as I see fit, rather than pay upfront for a 2nd class product with a diminishing chance of actual survival.  

We are further away than when DC walked through the door.

Everyone to their own but after 30 off consecutive seasons of a season ticket, the financial commonsense argument is kicking in. 

41 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

WTF:

If you need more than one seat you must have a massive arše lol