Who is renewing season tickets?

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Look the reality of season ticket renewals is this

No matter how bad the season before it has been the club only needs to get to closed season, announce blue and white stripes, a couple of exciting signings and talk of promotion and renewals are secured

Anyone talking like "It's the first time in 40 years I've ever thought about renewing" etc all renew. What they say between now and then is pure frustration at how the season's gone

Any season ticket holders threatening not to renew on footballing grounds currently is bluffing (but not maliciously)

The actual threat of season ticket sales for Sheffield Wednesday comes from the three year season tickets coming to an end and those fans making a decision on their next purchase.

If I could afford one of those 6 year season ticket things for me and my kids that the club recently announced then I'd snap their hands off immediately. But I can't at the price and deadlines given so I have to sadly miss out.

Gotta disagree with you on this post.  

I no longer class myself as a football fan.  I've not watched football that doesn't involve SWFC in years; England included.  I watch SWFC mostly out of habit and tradition.  It's certainly not out of any expectation of success.  

The last couple of seasons have seen some hope of success though.  I've bought into the idea that the more we pay, the more we should be reasonably allowed to expect.  If we were top ten in the league, I would be content.  Top six I would be happy.  Top two I would be delighted.  As it stands, I feel betrayed.  So many things have gone wrong and it all culminates on what we see on the pitch i.e. the football.  Again, I don't expect success.   I do expect effort, commitment and (call me old fashioned) an approach that seems to suggest we are trying to win and not trying to avoid defeat. 

So, to answer your point I will be staying away due to footballing reasons.  The price doesn't directly bother me; I can afford it and accept that if I did stump up I would miss around a third of the matches due to other commitments.  The price indirectly bothers me because I'm not getting anything like value for money.  As a customer, I am not getting the product I was expecting.  As a football fan, I feel my loyalty has been taken advantage of.  

I'm not trying to say that my opinion is what everyone should agree with.  If you are going to renew, more power to you.  I hope you witness a fantastic season where we smash the league.  I feel as though my club's identity is slowly fading.  It doesn't feel like Wednesday.  Maybe it's just a touch of melancholy.  Maybe the passion will come back.  It's not gone completely, as I'm posting on here still.  *shrugs*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

No matter how bad the season before it has been the club only needs to get to closed season, announce blue and white stripes, a couple of exciting signings and talk of promotion and renewals are secured

Anyone talking like "It's the first time in 40 years I've ever thought about renewing" etc all renew. What they say between now and then is pure frustration at how the season's gone

Any season ticket holders threatening not to renew on footballing grounds currently is bluffing (but not maliciously)

The actual threat of season ticket sales for Sheffield Wednesday comes from the three year season tickets coming to an end and those fans making a decision on their next purchase.

If I could afford one of those 6 year season ticket things for me and my kids that the club recently announced then I'd snap their hands off immediately. But I can't at the price and deadlines given so I have to sadly miss out.

It's madness that there is a cut off date ?

If they kept them at these prices until say the end of the season or beyond loads more people would renew and buy one , after this shybo season the club ( Chansiri) shouldn't expect people to jump for the early bird , I'm certainly in two minds right now 

53 minutes ago, Spookone said:

I kind of agree, but the point about being further away than when DC took over - surely that’s purely down to our horrendous injury situation - if we had the majority of our players fit, no way would be where we are now.

Does anyone actually know where we were in the table when all the injuries hit ?

I'm sure we lost 3 players at Norwich where we lost 3-1 so all this talk of us being sooooo much better with a full team doesn't exactly add up , weren't we around mid table then?

I think I have another year left (2018/19 season) before I have to stump up again.  I'm not going to be much help with the finances for next season (other than the Owls IPA I drink on home games)...

Not renewed yet, this week will be a major factor. Going to Hillsborough is a habit, something I've looked forward to for years. This season is different though, don't think I've ever felt so bored watching turgid, lackluster football. Seriously considering having a rest next season unless things change and soon. 

21 hours ago, bradowl said:

Renewed last week but just the one year.

I'm saying I've renewed but I'm using V12 Finance and received an email 3 times saying they need to speak to me before completing purchase, spent last few days phoning them  but number is either engaged or you spend hours in a queue with no one answering.

Not me.

Not all down to results, part of my decision is that I am getting bored of going. i miss a lot of week matches as I work until half 5 and live the other side of Sheffield and

by the time I get home at 6, get changed etc it's a rush to get to Hillsborough.

I'm simply going to pick and choose my matches from now on, I think the performances have just helped me make this decision.

For me it's a point of principle. It's not a matter of "Thick & Thin" or "I support Wednesday no matter what division we're in".

I had ST's when we were in League One, difference was I paid League 1 prices.

No way am I going to pay Premier League Prices for League 1 football. I think our whole pricing structure is over the top as it is without applying it to the pub league. I'm a fan, not a cash cow to be milked to pay for other people's bad decision making and incompetence.

If the club said there would be a 30% refund on all ST's bought IF we were relegated, I'd renew today. But as it stands at the minute I'd rather wait and see how things pan out. If it means I have to pay a bit more then so be it. I certainly won't lose any sleep if people think this is being a fair weather fan / part-timer / Wembley bandwagon jumper.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How many midweek games or rearranged games has there been this season out of interest?

Still think the club are missing a massive trick here of not offering midweek and weekend season tickets - the problem they have is they need the fixtures out first but they come out in early June more than enough time to arrange them.

They could also offer 5 game packages throughout the season to attract people to the lesser games but the season ticket Idea just seems very rigid every year. Those renewing get to buy their two months before the season has finished and fan loyalty digtates that they don't know what league we will be in or if any players will be allowed to be bought in ala FFP issues, then to attract new fans we charge them more and then pay on the day pay even more. only football could charge people more that they were trying to attract to the games.

If it was me I would be offer a super 6 pack for the final 6 home games at say £150 to get new fans into the stands and if they then decide to buy a season ticket at the end of the season, they get the second phase pricing. It might only get another 400-500 people in the stands but at the end of the season that could be another 400-500 season ticket sales. 

57 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I'm saying I've renewed but I'm using V12 Finance and received an email 3 times saying they need to speak to me before completing purchase, spent last few days phoning them  but number is either engaged or you spend hours in a queue with no one answering.

It's a we'll run club in it?:picnic:

renewed mine too for 3 years , don't know what division we will be in though by 3rd year? league 2? I wouldn't rule it out the way things are going .ffp end of season and possible administration in future?. its vital vital we stop up ,if we go down there is going to be hell at end of season and once chansiri hears all the anger who knows what he might do ,if he pulls his finance I have just forked out 3 ,3 year season tickets for nowt. 

just renewed mine & the kids for the next 4 (paid 3 year extension for me & youngest, and 4 years for eldest ont kop)

Came out at £2,403.

10 years worth of ST's, which has paid for £40,000 / 14 = £2857

(less than half a days wages for Rhodes)

No wonder so many teams are in trouble, football has gone bonkers!

• Like 1