Who is renewing season tickets?

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yeah but season tickets are either bought or they aren't and the fans pay on the gate or stop going

If it was as a nailed on as you say we'd have sold out Hillsborough on season tickets alone

This is South Yorkshire, I cannot remember any Club in my life, 67 years so far, that has threatened to crash the party of the TOP clubs, it's the l;ocal way.

ALL the clubs in this area has put a toe in the rarified air of success and thought "Bugger that".

IF we, as a club, want to do so, then we have to go about it in a Yorkshire way.

Be prudent with the spending, looking if it is Value for money, weather that be Players or Foundations of the business.

6 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

This is South Yorkshire, I cannot remember any Club in my life, 67 years so far, that has threatened to crash the party of the TOP clubs, it's the l;ocal way.

ALL the clubs in this area has put a toe in the rarified air of success and thought "Bugger that".

IF we, as a club, want to do so, then we have to go about it in a Yorkshire way.

Be prudent with the spending, looking if it is Value for money, weather that be Players or Foundations of the business.

Yeah 100% totally agree with that mate

The massive spaffing of cash has just left us in a right pickle

You're bang on. We should be all Yorkshire and develop and spot upcoming hungry players and grow sensibly

Fans voted for continued massive spending and high ticket prices in the recent vote though apparently so it might just be us two that agrees on this point

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Not sure you CAN compete without spending in this day & age.

One or two manage it, but cannot sustain it.

To be genuinely competitive you need quality and quality costs.

We spent a bit, no more than maybe the average top 6, top 8 spenders & way less than some. 

Derby & Forest were the same, didn't achieve what they wanted after spending big but lived to fight another day.

It took Brighton a few bob and multiple attempts before they got to the promised land.

I still don't think the actual reality of our situation merits all this hand wringing to be honest.

5 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

Just wondering how many have or will be renewing their season tickets. Not sure what cut off date is. 19th March? 

Loads of people saying we'd be mad to but I'll go anyway so I'd rather pay less than more. Quite like my seats as well so don't want to lose them. 

Do think season ticket sales will take a real hit though this year. And the thought of paying those prices to watch league 1 football ...

WTF:

Don't know, does it matter? You either go or you don't. It seems to me you are trying to influence their decision for whatever reasons

4 hours ago, vulva said:

1 year left on 3 year deal. No way will I add more money in, after seeing those accounts. 

The long term deals are marketed on the premise prices would go up, if we went up. Miles off, and the odds are stacked heavily in my favour to use money as I see fit, rather than pay upfront for a 2nd class product with a diminishing chance of actual survival.  

We are further away than when DC walked through the door.

Everyone to their own but after 30 off consecutive seasons of a season ticket, the financial commonsense argument is kicking in. 

I feel exactly the same mate . Im also on a three year ST . Im leaning towards just letting it run out then lookinmg at it again at end of next season.

I’m a 3 year season ticket holder....got 1 year left.

Can’t see why I wouldn’t renew.....I’m a Wednesday fan, always will be regardless of how we are playing and what division! 

Fortunately im lucky enough to be able to afford the 5 year ticket......I’m still mulling it over though!

2,3 or 5 years are the options for me! 

So tempted by 5 years.....

30 minutes ago, mancowl08 said:

I’m a 3 year season ticket holder....got 1 year left.

Can’t see why I wouldn’t renew.....I’m a Wednesday fan, always will be regardless of how we are playing and what division! 

Fortunately im lucky enough to be able to afford the 5 year ticket......I’m still mulling it over though!

2,3 or 5 years are the options for me! 

So tempted by 5 years.....

Owls fan, can afford it, your words no need not to, no brainer.

10 hours ago, vulva said:

1 year left on 3 year deal. No way will I add more money in, after seeing those accounts. 

The long term deals are marketed on the premise prices would go up, if we went up. Miles off, and the odds are stacked heavily in my favour to use money as I see fit, rather than pay upfront for a 2nd class product with a diminishing chance of actual survival.  

We are further away than when DC walked through the door.

Everyone to their own but after 30 off consecutive seasons of a season ticket, the financial commonsense argument is kicking in. 

I kind of agree, but the point about being further away than when DC took over - surely that’s purely down to our horrendous injury situation - if we had the majority of our players fit, no way would be where we are now.