Sheffield Wednesday 1 : 3 Birmingham OMDT

Oh,, top stuff again, Snoots. Hope the prospect of the coming spring is raising the sap  in your loins:rolleyes:!

I remember drawing 3 v 3 against Brum at Hillsborough back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, Brum fans had a scary rep and a 16 year old Trevor Francis caused us a lot of problems.

Oh, yes - those were the days!

What with Willie Henderson and Dave Clements and Brian Joicey and Peter Rodrigues and...

(expires):laugh:

• Haha 2

The last two league games have been tough against top 6 opposition and we have done well to get points from them considering.

However, today is a totally different proposition for me, we need 3 points against a team below and are at home so 3pts are a must! It will be interesting to see what Jos does tactically to get us a goal or three...

UTO

Nervous about this one, they have some decent players and been on a run of good form. A relegation 6 pointer, we know we can keep a clean sheet, but can we offer anything at the other end to start to pick up wins?

Wonder if Jos will retain 5 at the back at home to Birmingham or match them up?

12 minutes ago, striker said:

Nervous about this one, they have some decent players and been on a run of good form. A relegation 6 pointer, we know we can keep a clean sheet, but can we offer anything at the other end to start to pick up wins?

Wonder if Jos will retain 5 at the back at home to Birmingham or match them up?

Yep, today is a massive game, really. Win, and those three hard-earned league draws look like great results which have stabilised us before we kick on; lose and they'll look like the stuttering form of a team sliding towards the trap door and being reeled in by those beneath us.

We want to be able to relax in order to play our best football in the coming weeks, not be feeling tense in the merciless atmosphere of a relegation dogfight. 

6 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

No Pelupessy. 

Be suprised if he don't start virtually every game from now on.

To  be honest I think he will. 

Just wonder though If one sitter is more than enough at home.

Especially with the defence seemingly on lock down!

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

To  be honest I think he will. 

Just wonder though If one sitter is more than enough at home.

Especially with the defence seemingly on lock down!

Not in my opinion.

But Jos has seen the players at close quarters and will have formed an opinion about our strengths and weaknesses. Perhaps he feels our defence and current CMs are too flakey and so is adopting a George Graham 0-0 or 1-0 approach for the time being? I could certainly understand it if that is his reading of the present situation.

But, the Championship has several very poor teams, and when they come to Hillsborough even our current fit squad should be too strong for the likes of Birmingham.

As I said yesterday, I am really looking forward to this aft cos none of us know what to expect.