Sheffield Wednesday 1 : 3 Birmingham OMDT

Jos has coming in and steadied a ship which had been heading towards the raging squall of the relegation scrap, he's eased us with limited crew and turned us back towards calmer waters.   Part of this has been the clean sheets.  We've got 5 in 6 games.  It really is a remarkable feat. Especially given that we have done so with  players who were deemed not good enough to play there a couple of months ago , and topped up with kids.  

There has been much to be positive about.  And yet... as always with Wednesday, there always seems to be a shadow of gloom.

Young Wildsmith, who has been superb, has won the player of the month award.  .  It's bizarre that we have a young lad, an England representative for his age group in our first team and keeping clean sheets for fun, including a high pressure Derby game where he made a superb one handed save....

Image may contain: people playing sportNo automatic alt text available.

(Leon can't believe it.)

......and yet  much of the talk this week in the build up has once more been about young George Hirst...

Perhaps we just like the mystery. Perhaps we like the tittle-tattle.  I do find it quite bizarre that we have such an obsession , when it seems quite evident that the ship has long left Port.  Whilst many fans have left the metaphorical dock side and gone home, for a nice cup of tea and a read of the imaginary Green 'Un,  some are out there still, wailing into the night, arms waving wildly in the slashing rain as the boat , the lavish Doyen galleon vanishes into the brume with our young striker stood at the back, not glancing back.

I suppose really it just goes to show that now and again a side has to score a goal. Clean sheets are marvellous , I personally love to see them. But as talking points go... they're limited, I suppose.  Which is why the GH situation raises its head once more. I even found myself writing a long reply at one point. So maybe even I am being stuck down.  We need a goal. And I think we need one soon. The delirium it seems is settling in. Perhaps young Hirst could have nicked one....dear, I'm at it now!  Maybe it's because we haven't scored...maybe it's the name...lets be honest. It would have been nice. But as I said , it's a sailed ship.

Unless... unless...yes, hang on a minute.  That might just do it.

"Stubbs, get me Katrien Meire's phone number...I've had one last idea. It's got to be worth a shot "

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, text and indoor

Anyway. I suppose I'd better talk a bit about the Birmingham Match. Though I am still trying to find my way back from 1991 and it'll be touch and go if I make it personally.

Never the less...

Wednesday - V- Birmingham

No automatic alt text available.

Think Birmingham and you think of the Mini Cooper. Well maybe you don't. But perhaps you should. It was invented there.  And of Jasper Carrott. Which for many years was my nickname for Trevor Francis.  I've no idea why as he looks nothing like him . You might think of that bloke at Birmingham away.

You do don't know. That's the main thing you think of now when you hear Birmingham.

Oh go on then. One more time.

Anyway you'll probably also think of ex Wednesday player Jaques Maghoma.  A player that really did split the fan base. Some thought he was too late in developing. Some thought he just needed the right guidance.  Mel Sterland didn't think he bust a gut enough and Carlton Palmer one would suspect would have inflicted violence on him had he ever grabbed hold of him .  I do wonder now and again when his name popped up if we might have been better not using him as a wide player so often and given him more of a free role.  Attacking midfielder, Number ten, or the throw-off role as my man calls it.

I did opine myself on this site that, that might just make Stuart Grays side impressive defensive side just that bit more attack minded.

Complete tosh thinking on my part though.... as Stuarts defensive brilliance relied to much on his back four. So I'll shut my gob about that for now.   

Anyway. The match gubbins....

Marco Matias is expected to return to the squad for the home game against Birmingham and that's got to be considered a plus. He's been super in the FA cup and we can argue long and hard about whether the opposition has been up to much in that competition, but for me, that doesn't mean too much. I just want to see him involved because he gives us an option in behind. Something we have been crying out for- for 3 seasons!

Image may contain: textImage may contain: text

Barry Bannan and goalkeeper Keiren Westwood have both had setbacks in their respective bids to return from injury and have been ruled out which is a bit of a bummer.  I'm really keen to see what Bazza can do under Jos and freed from the restrictive shackles of the 2 man central midfield combo.

Anyway... something not far from this I shouldn't imagine.

Anyway. Must dash as I'm still trapped in 1991 and it's going to be a real rush to get back for kick off.

No I'm not going to mention the club propaganda, erm, I mean questionnaire.  No I am not.

I am not going to mention the kits going up in price this weekend even though they'll be out of date 3 months time.

I'm not. 

We've got to be positive today and get that goal! 

COME  ON  WEDNESDAY

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Nice to see you at the part a little earlier unfortunately it seems the guests have been educated into delaying their arrival due to your recent time keeping and no shows. Anyway lets hope your domestic situation is now considerably improved.

I can't let a Birmingham City match pass without a mention for my old City friend, Birmingham and England Centre Half Trevor Smith, never failed to check on my progress when in Sheffield RIP big man.

I think as mentioned with the proverbial ship in calmer waters and a level of comfort being displayed of late, the Birmingham City tribe may well try and upset the applecart tomorrow by giving the likes of Mr Maghoma licence to run at us. I hope so because it would give us a chance at least to pick them off through the middle rather than being over dependent on a never ending supply of crosses.

Fav tip seems to be a 1-0 to us but I'll stick my neck out and say we will hit 3 or more !

UTO WAWAW   

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, offalyowl said:

As always brilliant again snoots and like you hoping we start scoring again so I'm going for a 2 nil scoreline for us and finally jos first win in the league

uto 

6 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Fav tip seems to be a 1-0 to us but I'll stick my neck out and say we will hit 3 or more !

UTO WAWAW   

I think we'll be fine once we get that first one.  

At least we're showing some attacking intent now.  Getting some shots off.

First goal of Jos's reign in the League and everyone will relax a bit more. 

44 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Jos has coming in and steadied a ship which had been heading towards the raging squall of the relegation scrap, he's eased us with limited crew and turned us back towards calmer waters.   Part of this has been the clean sheets.  We've got 5 in 6 games.  It really is a remarkable feat. Especially given that we have done so with  players who were deemed not good enough to play there a couple of months ago , and topped up with kids.  

There has been much to be positive about.  And yet... as always with Wednesday, there always seems to be a shadow of gloom.

Young Wildsmith, who has been superb, has won the player of the month award.  .  It's bizarre that we have a young lad, an England representative for his age group in our first team and keeping clean sheets for fun, including a high pressure Derby game where he made a superb one handed save....

Image may contain: people playing sportNo automatic alt text available.

(Leon can't believe it.)

......and yet  much of the talk this week in the build up has once more been about young George Hirst...

Perhaps we just like the mystery. Perhaps we like the tittle-tattle.  I do find it quite bizarre that we have such an obsession , when it seems quite evident that the ship has long left Port.  Whilst many fans have left the metaphorical dock side and gone home, for a nice cup of tea and a read of the imaginary Green 'Un,  some are out there still, wailing into the night, arms waving wildly in the slashing rain as the boat , the lavish Doyen galleon vanishes into the brume with our young striker stood at the back, not glancing back.

I suppose really it just goes to show that now and again a side has to score a goal. Clean sheets are marvellous , I personally love to see them. But as talking points go... they're limited, I suppose.  Which is why the GH situation raises its head once more. I even found myself writing a long reply at one point. So maybe even I am being stuck down.  We need a goal. And I think we need one soon. The delirium it seems is settling in. Perhaps young Hirst could have nicked one....dear, I'm at it now!  Maybe it's because we haven't scored...maybe it's the name...lets be honest. It would have been nice. But as I said , it's a sailed ship.

Unless... unless...yes, hang on a minute.  That might just do it.

"Stubbs, get me Katrien Meire's phone number...I've had one last idea. It's got to be worth a shot "

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, text and indoor

Anyway. I suppose I'd better talk a bit about the Birmingham Match. Though I am still trying to find my way back from 1991 and it'll be touch and go if I make it personally.

Never the less...

Wednesday - V- Birmingham

Think Birmingham and you think of the Mini Cooper. Well maybe you don't. But perhaps you should. It was invented there.  And of Jasper Carrott. Which for many years was my nickname for Trevor Francis.  I've no idea why as he looks nothing like him . You might think of that bloke at Birmingham away.

You do don't know. That's the main thing you think of now when you hear Birmingham.

Oh go on then. One more time.

Anyway you'll probably also think of ex Wednesday player Jaques Maghoma.  A player that really did split the fan base. Some thought he was too late in developing. Some thought he just needed the right guidance.  Mel Sterland didn't think he bust a gut enough and Carlton Palmer one would suspect would have inflicted violence on him had he ever grabbed hold of him .  I do wonder now and again when his name popped up if we might have been better not using him as a wide player so often and given him more of a free role.  Attacking midfielder, Number ten, or the throw-off role as my man calls it.

I did opine myself on this site that, that might just make Stuart Grays side impressive defensive side just that bit more attack minded.

Complete tosh thinking on my part though.... as Stuarts defensive brilliance relied to much on his back four. So I'll shut my gob about that for now.   

Anyway. The match gubbins....

Marco Matias is expected to return to the squad for the home game against Birmingham and that's got to be considered a plus. He's been super in the FA cup and we can argue long and hard about whether the opposition has been up to much in that competition, but for me, that doesn't mean too much. I just want to see him involved because he gives us an option in behind. Something we have been crying out for- for 3 seasons!

Image may contain: textImage may contain: text

Barry Bannan and goalkeeper Keiren Westwood have both had setbacks in their respective bids to return from injury and have been ruled out which is a bit of a bummer.  I'm really keen to see what Bazza can do under Jos and freed from the restrictive shackles of the 2 man central midfield combo.

Anyway... something not far from this I shouldn't imagine.

Anyway. Must dash as I'm still trapped in 1991 and it's going to be a real rush to get back for kick off.

No I'm not going to mention the club propaganda, erm, I mean questionnaire.  No I am not.

I am not going to mention the kits going up in price this weekend even though they'll be out of date 3 months time.

I'm not. 

We've got to be positive today and get that goal! 

COME  ON  WEDNESDAY

Nice OMDT

18A7D4C8-8AC3-43A6-94A8-E2C92D47D010.jpeg.50cb154ffce0624b2fdafb38febc6ea0.jpeg

7065130E-487E-4F99-A16F-FC385D9858C5.jpeg