#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

35 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Wrong thread, but has anyone ever looked forward to an FA Cup Final less than Mourhino’s ManU v Chelsea? 

If it were Klopp v Pep this aft the beers would already be calling my name from the fridge.

Cant decide whether to watch the match, the Wedding, or pull my toe-nails out.

....to stop this post getting moved, I wonder if a Lukaku-Nuhiu swap is worth looking at?

I genuinely cannot remember the last time I really looked forward to an FA Cup final. Completely devalued competition nowadays, shame because it used to be the highlight of the English season.

Edited by swfc1983

29 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Wrong thread, but has anyone ever looked forward to an FA Cup Final less than Mourhino’s ManU v Chelsea? 

If it were Klopp v Pep this aft the beers would already be calling my name from the fridge.

....to stop this post getting moved, I wonder if a Lukaku-Nuhiu swap is worth looking at?

Well it's my bar's official opening today so I have a garden full of pals of both sexes. no one wants wedding on and no one is bothered about the final so we will be chilling out to some nice summer tunes, 

A banker 0-0 scoreline if I've ever seen one!!

31 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

The only way to get excited about games like this is to have multiple small bets on to keep the interest.

30 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Think I'm going to paint the kitchen and watch it dry while getting intoxicated

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Jose's apparently trying to equal a long standing record of one of our former great managers Billy Walker and the legendary Herbert Chapman of winning the Cup with two different clubs. Surprised it hasn't been done more than twice. Billy Walker also has the distinction of winning the Cup as a player for Villa before he managed us. He's also the last manager to win the Cup for us the last time we won it and the last manager to win the Cup for Forest the last time they won the Cup too. There was a fascinating article about him in one of the papers the other day, that's worth a read, I came across it online the other day: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5742569/Billy-Walker-won-FA-Cup-player-manager-two-different-clubs-24-years-apart.html

That article might be a better way to spend part of the day than the wedding or Cup Final. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Well it's my bar's official opening today so I have a garden full of pals of both sexes. no one wants wedding on and no one is bothered about the final so we will be chilling out to some nice summer tunes, 

A banker 0-0 scoreline if I've ever seen one!!

Address please.

Can I bring the 4 young Holmowls and Mrs H?

Actually I’ll come on my own.

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Join us in the fishing thread instead. Non-anglers welcome.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Jeff Johnson was no thug hard in the tackle ,But fair.

Didn't mean to sully the reputation of a man, who is quite clearly your "Hero".

Didn't notice your user name.......

However, kicking someone into the stand, can hardly be classed as "Fair" !

And that is what you said, your man would do.....

10 hours ago, Holmowl said:

About as excited as I was for the 2007 final between, strangely enough, Mourinho's Chelsea v Man Utd.

I was self employed at the time and actually chose to go to work rather than watch the match.

Nuhiu finished the season on a high, so rather Pogba/Sanchez for Jones.

Knowing our luck they'd probably turn is down, saying they'd have done the deal but they wanted Butterfield instead.

:duntmatter:lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, g-owls said:

David Meyler leaving Hull.

Only 28. A midfielder with a bit of bite. Wouldn't be a bad signing for another Championship club for a couple of years.

Would be good in the DM role. Is he fit though? Perhaps him and Hutchinson can rotate their spot on the treatment table 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, np pontefract said:

Didn't mean to sully the reputation of a man, who is quite clearly your "Hero".

Didn't notice your user name.......

However, kicking someone into the stand, can hardly be classed as "Fair" !

And that is what you said, your man would do.....

Just a comment mate ,Butterfield is no good for our club.