#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

2 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Jay Fulton is another one who does that kind of job. Was on the fringe at Swansea 

Went to Wigan on loan in January, which was seen as a coup at the time, and then struggled to break into their side.

Do we need another central midfielder in Reed or would you be focusing on sorting out our problem areas of right back, left back and right wing. 

He might be a great player but so was Abdi but we didn't need him, this is why we have failed in the past we have signed players available instead of players we need.

He might be the next big thing but it a no from me left get the players we need first before adding another central midfielder to the 6+ we already have.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Do we need another central midfielder in Reed or would you be focusing on sorting out our problem areas of right back, left back and right wing. 

He might be a great player but so was Abdi but we didn't need him, this is why we have failed in the past we have signed players available instead of players we need.

He might be the next big thing but it a no from me left get the players we need first before adding another central midfielder to the 6+ we already have.

Correct if we need another midfielder we need something different to what we have unless we are selling some midfielders.

2 minutes ago, Quist said:

Correct if we need another midfielder we need something different to what we have unless we are selling some midfielders.

Currently we have Hutch, Bannan, Lee, Jones, Clare, Abdi, Pelupessy then Kirby coming through

Or we sign players we need for me its a no brainer unless Lee/Hutch are finished, Abdi is to be sold but we would then be looking for an experienced Championship performer not another teams kids to develop as we have our own to develop in Kirby.

Guest LittleG
8 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Currently we have Hutch, Bannan, Lee, Jones, Clare, Abdi, Pelupessy then Kirby coming through

Or we sign players we need for me its a no brainer unless Lee/Hutch are finished, Abdi is to be sold but we would then be looking for an experienced Championship performer not another teams kids to develop as we have our own to develop in Kirby.

If Jos thinks we need another midfielder then let him sign one although we are only reacting to a rumour. Out of the midfielders you listed we know Hutch will miss matches because of injuries, nobody knows if Lee will be fit again, Abdi is constantly injured, Clare will most likely be leaving and Jones us not good enough. That leaves Bannan and Joey with backup from an unproven youngster. Surely we can strengthen this area if Jos feels the need along with the other areas that need looking at. It doesn't have to be one or the othet

We still need a horrible poopydoo in midfield in my opinion. Not sure Pelupessy can play that role. 

Most sides who get promoted have one. We can't rely on Hutch. The rest of our midfield is too nice. 

I'd be looking at Glen Whelan if Villa go up. Wages might be an issue though. 

We need to try and offload Palmer, Abdi, Jones, Fox, Matias they all offer absolutely nothing now. Either not good enough, past it or injury prone. Will be much easier said than done though. Although we did once manage to get Premier League Bournemouth to take Rhoys Wiggins off our hands so you never know. 

We need to reduce the wage bill. We'll be lucky if we get rid of all of the above. Therefore, as Westwood has hinted today in that interview, we will need to offload some of the better players. Westwood is the obvious choice for me. Two good goalkeepers, and for me Dawson is wise beyond his years. Hutchinson can go for me, but he might be harder to shift because don't think many clubs will take the risk on the wages he's on here. Hooper can go far too injury prone and I can see someone coming in for him. Rhodes I can see going out on loan and Winnall I can see leaving but that depends if he's recovered from his injury before the window closes. Will be touch and go there probably. Losing 3 strikers like that might come back to haunt us but we will have to take risks this summer, the squad is overloaded and the accounts suggest we need to cut back.

Then I'd be looking at a quality right wing back. A nasty piece of work in the middle. And a quick striker. Nahki Wells can't get a game for Burnley so I'd be looking at him. As mentioned above Whelan would be a good shout in the middle. As for RB, this Reed kid? Versatalie and would be a cheapish loan? 

Also make Venancio's move permanent.

32 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

We still need a horrible poopydoo in midfield in my opinion. Not sure Pelupessy can play that role. 

Most sides who get promoted have one. We can't rely on Hutch. The rest of our midfield is too nice. 

I'd be looking at Glen Whelan if Villa go up. Wages might be an issue though. 

If we did that I would give Joey a run at RWB , got a hell of a delivery on him and can tackle .

22 hours ago, Watson said:

Will be very surprised if we sign more than one or two players in this window and if we do then will probably be youngsters.  We will be going with what we have in my opinion.  If we get everyone fit we should be able to mount a serious attempt at a top six place.

This thread is going to be threadbare, I feel.  

Don't think we need more than a couple tbh. The window after next season we can have a good clear out & then I'd expect us to undergo a larger-scale rebuilding job if needed. This time round I reckon we need two, maybe three quality players to be there or thereabouts. We really aren't that far off.

18 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Josh Sims is another highly rated Southampton youngster. 

Isn't he also a midfielder.

Think he can play out wide right can't he? Could be exactly what we need - a right-sided wide player with pace to burn. Duane Holmes at Scunthorpe would be another one, if it's true we were asking after him in January.

20 hours ago, Watson said:

Due to FFP, DC can't spend as he likes and we already have the players in place to mount a serious promotion campaign. Most if not all the players should be fit for the new season.  Need Abdi and Matias to step up to the plate both possess the quality to do so.

Hope Jos lets the team play with a fair bit of freedom especially at home.  

Don't get me wrong I would like to see Wallace replaced with a winger who has real pace.  

Did DC not know of FFP before he put us in this financial straight jacket?

They were 'fit' at Preston and early last season.

Stale and unbalanced, squad needs refreshing with pace, power and heading presence to defend high crosses. Minimum.

Let's hope the kids and cheap EPL rejects can do it (another Brunty maybe).

But for this, you need good scouting network and contacts - not ex - Doyen mob. 

31 minutes ago, djorkaeff said:

He’s not actually obliged to stay within FFP. So long as we do a QPR, Bournemouth etc

He can spend 50 million in the summer if he wants as long as he is prepared to accept any consequences that come our way.