#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

On 17/05/2018 at 01:32, StudentOwl said:

Gutted with that, I'd be amazed if we didn't offer a contract all things considered. I'm assuming we did... but that's just my (dumb) opinion! :biggrin:

Perhaps they beat us on wages, perhaps he fancied moving back down to London way... either way we move on. I know I quite rate him and a few on here think he's overhyped... will be interesting to see how he performs next season. Genuinely curious and cautiously optimistic to see what sort of movement we can expect to see over the next few weeks. 

We may have burned our bridges with Yiadom by screaming abuse at him from the Oakwell away end for timewasting when it transpired that his shoulder had popped out for the third time in 20 minutes :duntmatter:

43 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I see the Transfer Mega Thread has morphed into the "let's debate the value for money of our current strike force thread", I'm just going to say it.......anyone else missing NIXON????  I'll come back later. 

That's a good topic. I remember the great salad cream or maionayse debate.

lol

• Haha 2

Read this on Derby’s forum...

The word has been spread around, S.Winnall had to pass a rigid medical test several days ago which had to confirm his recovery chances in order for his transfer to The Rams to be rounded shortly, it's actually a swap deal for J. Butterfield.

WTF:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, CLswfc said:

So who is this so called proven striker who as done it at this level as also done it for Wednesday. The current situation is reference to FFP, thought you would have known that. Don't understand your last paragraph. 

Who said Rhodes had done it at Wednesday? Didn’t I say the exact opposite?

FFP would enforce a transfer ban. By not signing players because of finances is a self-imposed transfer ban. They therefore both equal the same thing - no incoming transfers. And QPR still haven’t been punished 3 years later. I’d take the FFP talk with a pinch of salt.

You don’t understand my comment that a good percentage of signing across world football (especially in the lower leagues where you’re getting 2nd/3rd/4th rate footballers) don’t work out, for whatever reason...?

You seem to think a player not working out is bad business. If we signed Messi and Ronaldo, both got injuries and didn’t contribute as we all hoped, would that be “bad business” or just football? I’d go with latter, your comments previously suggest it would be bad business... signing Messi and Ronaldo “bad business” lol.

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

I see the Transfer Mega Thread has morphed into the "let's debate the value for money of our current strike force thread", I'm just going to say it.......anyone else missing NIXON????  I'll come back later. 

Probably because the season hasn’t even finished yet, our own players (and those not involved in the play-offs) will be on holiday - ditto agents - and the transfer window is closed. As such, anyone expecting any serious transfer talk is expecting serious water in a desert!!

1 hour ago, Morepork said:

I'll sure he'll pop up again.

nixon.jpg

• Haha 6

39 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

The word has been spread around, S.Winnall had to pass a rigid medical test several days ago which had to confirm his recovery chances in order for his transfer to The Rams to be rounded shortly, it's actually a swap deal for J. Butterfield.

WTF:

Giiiiii up man... 

Surely not  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

WTF:

Butterfield wouldn't come here he thinks the fans are fickle.

Seriously.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

WTF:

I know there is some crap posted on our forum but.. kinell, this post takes the biscuit, how deluded are they to even think that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I agree that there isn't a problem with Reach not fitting the system, but I still can't make my mind up about his best position. I'd probably end up saying that he's best as a wide left midfielder in a 4-4-2, but unfortunately that's also Forestieri's position, which might be a luxury we can't afford any more. Reach has the engine to play at wing back as he bombs up and down the wing for 90 minutes, but nobody can deny that he has an infuriating tendency to nesh tackles in key moments. In fairness to him he's done a decent job in a more central role when asked to play there in the second half of the season - the reason I don't see Reach being sold is because of that sort of versatility, as well as his borderline outrageous work rate.

Under Carlos I would have agreed with you that Reach and FF were both at their best in the same position, wide left. But in Jos’s 343/523 they are perfect together. Adam is at his best at LWB, and FF is excellent as the widest of 3 up front.

Wrong thread, but has anyone ever looked forward to an FA Cup Final less than Mourhino’s ManU v Chelsea? 

If it were Klopp v Pep this aft the beers would already be calling my name from the fridge.

Cant decide whether to watch the match, the Wedding, or pull my toe-nails out.

....to stop this post getting moved, I wonder if a Lukaku-Nuhiu swap is worth looking at?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5