#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

43 minutes ago, joelswfc said:

Yorkshire Post also saying it will take £1.8 million to get Venancio back, as opposed to the £800,000 suggested by the Star. Helpful stuff.

That was definitely the figure quoted by the press when we agreed at the beginning of the loan deal if we opted to buy. Suspect as Setubal stayed in the Primeira they've decided to ask to stick with that figure... IMO we were hoping they'd go down so we could get a cut-price deal, which is why Jos couldn't answer if we were going to go for him or not.

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

After a disastrous recruitment campaign last time around, we need to excellent this summer Losing Hirst and Clare would not be a good start

I'm sure the club have done what they can. If the lads want to leave, nothing we can do. 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Yes being ginger could be an issue, but probably the sort of all action midfielder we are going to need, if it’s just a central two In a two, both midfielders need to do a bit of everything They will have to win it and use it quickly, supplying the front three early

One of the best players I’ve seen at Hillsborough this season was a little ginger midfielder- Ryan Woods of Brentford. 

1 hour ago, Freshfish said:

mego.thumb.jpg.060f0d3f8aa2378eaf40304f51308032.jpg

post-33442-0-53658200-1365966161_thumb.jpg.f913bf1999ceaa5f01b737dedeeff680.jpg

Brilliant gingers. Someone else already mentioned him but one of the gingers I've been most impressed with in recent seasons at this level as been Ryan Woods of Brentford. Harrison Reed and/or Ryan Woods would be very good signings if possible. Either one of them would be very handy alongside Bannan. 

Btw, that Meggo kit is a beauty. Would love something like that but preferably with black shorts and white turnovers on the socks. Black shorts; white turnovers, gingers and a sexy moustache are ingredients for success... garymegson:luhukay:

9 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Would anyone take sako from palace, looks like hes going to be released so might be worth a 1 year deal 

He’s not ginger nor has he played for us on loan for us in League 1; so prob not 

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

That was definitely the figure quoted by the press when we agreed at the beginning of the loan deal if we opted to buy. Suspect as Setubal stayed in the Primeira they've decided to ask to stick with that figure... IMO we were hoping they'd go down so we could get a cut-price deal, which is why Jos couldn't answer if we were going to go for him or not.

I'm sure I read that the option to buy had a timescale on it which ran out before the season ended.

If that's the case I suppose Setubal can now up the asking price.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

After a disastrous recruitment campaign last time around, we need to excellent this summer Losing Hirst and Clare would not be a good start

Whys that? Are either of them top 6 championship quality players? 

Im fairly certain we could lose them and 5-6 others and still compete next season for a top 6 spot, and if all is to be believed about finances competing may be most we can hope for next year. 

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

It'll be a shame to see two promising prospects walk away, but if the club have offered them decent terms (which we're led to believe they have, at least in the case of Hirst), there's little more they can do.

Neither will make or break our summer transfer window - they only have six Championship appearances between them, so they're hardly central to our squad, and if they'd been on the books of another Championship team and were our first two signings of the summer, I doubt we'd all be jumping for joy. In order to have a successful transfer window, we have far bigger fish to fry. 

It would be great if all of our promising young players wanted to stay and develop their careers here, but that's not the way it goes in modern football, unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It'll be a shame to see two promising prospects walk away, but if the club have offered them decent terms (which we're led to believe they have, at least in the case of Hirst), there's little more they can do.

Neither will make or break our summer transfer window - they only have six Championship appearances between them, so they're hardly central to our squad, and if they'd been on the books of another Championship team and were our first two signings of the summer, I doubt we'd all be jumping for joy. In order to have a successful transfer window, we have far bigger fish to fry. 

It would be great if all of our promising young players wanted to stay and develop their careers here, but that's not the way it goes in modern football, unfortunately.

Ah much more eloquently put! 

2 hours ago, westy365owl said:

Would anyone take sako from palace, looks like hes going to be released so might be worth a 1 year deal 

He's a good player who can bulldoze his way through anyone at this level, but his attitude is questionable and his wage demands will be astronomical.

17 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

The lad we are linked with from Southampton, Harrison Reed, sounds like a CDM and is supposedly quite aggressive. Sounds good 

Total of 30 appearances in 4 years at Southampton before being shipped out on loan. Let's be honest, Southampton 

are hardly flush with quality players ATM so I wouldn't expect him to be any other than average.

3 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

Total of 30 appearances in 4 years at Southampton before being shipped out on loan. Let's be honest, Southampton 

are hardly flush with quality players ATM so I wouldn't expect him to be any other than average.

Southampton one of the best clubs in the entire county when it comes to young players. wouldn't disregard him just yet.

22 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Southampton one of the best clubs in the entire county when it comes to young players. wouldn't disregard him just yet.

Agreed have good Academy but personally would prefer us to go after Sam McQueen of Matt Targett think they would be more useful to us. Reed played in last game of season and had reasonable game although we beat Norwich 5 - 1 . He has plenty of energy and is busy player but very small.

17 minutes ago, Quist said:

Agreed have good Academy but personally would prefer us to go after Sam McQueen of Matt Targett think they would be more useful to us. Reed played in last game of season and had reasonable game although we beat Norwich 5 - 1 . He has plenty of energy and is busy player but very small.

No one is smaller than Kante. but I doubt anyone is better at what he does.

Jos thinks Reed is the player we need. Then i trust his judgement.