#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

City wanted to look at the likes of Diaz and Foden in pre season before making any loan decisions Both players have expressed a desire to stay and fight for a place, rather than go out on loan That could change of course

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

City wanted to look at the likes of Diaz and Foden in pre season before making any loan decisions Both players have expressed a desire to stay and fight for a place, rather than go out on loan That could change of course

It seems more common nowerdays for big clubs to keep youngsters in amongst first team and train with them rather than out on loan. I guess it’s a balance between playing regular real footy and learning off top players, top coaches at top facilities. 

23 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Yes I agree if we were picking up free agents but signed players who clearly are not good enough for this level on his showing at Leeds.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-free-agents-full-list-14439048

Yeah true, I'm not saying lets get him, I just think it may have some substance to it.

If I had to pick a player from the Championship, who I'd like to see at Hillsborough. He wouldn't be free and Jos probably hasn't seen him play but I like Callum O'Dowda at Bristol and they've proven they are a selling club recently

42 minutes ago, Sonny said:

That theory might hold a bit more water if we’d signed anyone, been linked with anyone or had anyone on trial from anywhere* never mind Bundesliga 2

*Sam Smart excepted

Bundesliga 2 is significantly inferior to Championship. There will be the odd player who could do a job. Wagner had success but many players he brought over had played at top level since then others trying luck but not significant success. the one thing we have learned about Jos is he does no a players strength and where to maximise their usefulness in a team.

15 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Just seen Wolves have agreed a fee with Joao Moutinho. Would be a bloody impressive signing for them.

Wolves have 3 or 4 players that if we had any inclination to sign players on transfers or loans we could get in. Iorfa, Batth, Graham to name three that would make us a better team. 

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Wolves have 3 or 4 players that if we had any inclination to sign players on transfers or loans we could get in. Iorfa, Batth, Graham to name three that would make us a better team. 

They seem to be signing some real quality, i agree we should see if they are willing to let any of their promotion team come on loan.

12 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

They seem to be signing some real quality, i agree we should see if they are willing to let any of their promotion team come on loan.

They did as a championship side, they won’t stop now

1 minute ago, bigash_swfc said:

Where does Monaco's money go?

150m for Kylian Mbappe

70m Thomas Lemar

65m Anthony Martial 

50m Bernado Silva

45m Fabinho

40m Bakayoko

Surely the most income any club has ever made in the last couple of years?

They have a fabulous scouting network; that’s for sure 

4 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

150m for Kylian Mbappe

70m Thomas Lemar

65m Anthony Martial 

50m Bernado Silva

45m Fabinho

40m Bakayoko

As they are in Monaco will they have to pay tax on that?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

As they are in Monaco will they have to pay tax on that?

I have no clue but it's refreshing how content they are. 

Seem to be milking the world of football without entertaining the idea of bidding 60m for a Mahrez for example.

Why spend silly money when you can create the next star.

17 hours ago, Royal_D said:

That’s a fair comment, I suppose I still scratch my head at the fact Nuhiu turned it around so much ... it will still be interesting to see what Jos does if Fletcher is back.  Should be a good scrap for a shirt between the two 

Joao I won’t deny he’s an exciting player but it’s all about consistency with him, if he cracks that he could be the main man next season 

Matias i ain’t convinced, maybe I haven’t actually seen enough of him

Agree with everything apart from the last sentence. 

I'm convinced with Matias ability and skill its just his consistency which needs to be sorted get that right and I'm sure he will change a lot of doubting minds.

Just now, Watson said:

Agree with everything apart from the last sentence. 

I'm convinced with Matias ability and skill its just his consistency which needs to be sorted get that right and I'm sure he will change a lot of doubting minds.

Hope you're right but I have seen nothing in last 3 years to back up you're claims 

2 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Hope you're right but I have seen nothing in last 3 years to back up you're claims 

He reads the game well, good at drifting into the box unnoticed, can pick out a pass, good down the wing and knows where the net is.

I agree he has much to make up and I could be left with egg on my face but do think there is a cracking player there.

3 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

150m for Kylian Mbappe

70m Thomas Lemar

65m Anthony Martial 

50m Bernado Silva

45m Fabinho

40m Bakayoko

Even better tandem blavdes at making money disappear