#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Course yeah. all about different people's opinions.

I personally don't think we will sign any wide man at all.

This is what happened at Stuttgart, Jos didn't want wide men, Chairman bought wide men, Jos refused to play them and walked

Well if there’s any truth in that McKay article, the last time I saw him play he’s definitely an out and out winger , can shift a bit aswell 

tidy little player if memory serves and all that 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Well if there’s any truth in that McKay article, the last time I saw him play he’s definitely an out and out winger , can shift a bit aswell 

Our width comes from our wing backs. Forestieri and Matias are about as wide as it gets. Any wide man we do sign will also have to be able to play through the middle as well. Be no Caulk on your boots type wingers here.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Our width comes from our wing backs. Forestieri and Matias are about as wide as it gets. Any wide man we do sign will also have to be able to play through the middle as well. Be no Caulk on your boots type wingers here.

Yeah, I’d agree with them points 

if we did sign an out and out winger I’d be thinking either a nod towards a change of system, or I’d be worried who’s signing the players 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Yeah, I’d agree with them points 

if we did sign an out and out winger I’d be thinking either a nod towards a change of system, or I’d be worried who’s signing the players 

And we wouldn't change the system now. only way that would happen would be if we were to lose our first 4 or 5 games. No signings and lack of funds suggests no one is in a rush to sign anyone. 

Think we get 2 players on loan and that is it. Will get rid of about another 5.

Mckay was an odd one last season, perhaps a bit like one or two of the flair players Leeds signed, he looked quality for the first couple of months. Really direct and scored a couple of nice goals, then seemed to go into hibernation.

we clearly have a list of targets we will have asked about should we make some room. But it doesn’t sound like we’ve made that room so presumably our best hope is subsided loans 

Edited by Bluesteel

20 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I saw him more of a wide striker. By that I mean he looks to simply run at goal and benefits from the space out wide, whereas I always thought an out and out winger was more like what Wallace offered us in terms of delivery from wide rather than being the one trying to score. All about opinions though I suppose!

3 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

Think McKay would provide that injection of pace we’re desperately lacking, could definitely change the game off the bench. I wouldn’t be against him coming in could be shrewd business season long loan. 

We shouldn't really be considering purchasing someone just to come off the bench !! I understand what you mean though, but there are better options out there.

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I saw him more of a wide striker. By that I mean he looks to simply run at goal and benefits from the space out wide, whereas I always thought an out and out winger was more like what Wallace offered us in terms of delivery from wide rather than being the one trying to score. All about opinions though I suppose!

I’ve only seen him once or twice, you could be more on the money than me

He looked to me like he had a fair bit of pace about him, and to be fair I don’t think anyone would argue with us adding some of that

Zac Clough and Mancienne available at Forest aswell,  Clough has gone massively off the boil from looking like he was a real prospect ,  Mancienne was a regular last season 

9 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Highlights from last season. 

See, Highlights videos can be deceiving but he looks a player to me , he’s fast he’s not afraid to take a man on and looks like he’s got a brilliant eye for a pass 

Just wouldn’t fit into the system we play,  a front 3 of Forestieri on left Fletch in middle and a player like McKay on right would open up some defences 

10 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

See, Highlights videos can be deceiving but he looks a player to me , he’s fast he’s not afraid to take a man on and looks like he’s got a brilliant eye for a pass 

Just wouldn’t fit into the system we play,  a front 3 of Forestieri on left Fletch in middle and a player like McKay on right would open up some defences 

Wouldn’t fit in the 5-3-2, but jos did play 433 in some games and wants a couple of systems. I still think his preferred system is 4231 (used in Germany)

He’d play in a front 3 on a rotation system out wide with Forestieri Joao Matias I would think and he would add quality and be a threat I really do rate McKay and if he’s available on a loan with a view to buy I say go for it

I’ve said before and I’ll say it again him FF and a big man would be lethal or him coming on FF or replacing him in rotation is pure quality in depth 

we also have is it 3 strikers out of contract next year Joao , Hooper , Mathias so this would slip into replace one or two of them nicely 

As for the man city trio genuine question how are those commenting knowing sonics of them with confidence of them being potential quality signings. I’ve barley heard of them never mind seen them play as anyone got any of the over sold best bit videos of them

Edited by fpowl

58 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Wouldn’t fit in the 5-3-2, but jos did play 433 in some games and wants a couple of systems. I still think his preferred system is 4231 (used in Germany)

He's played 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 throughout pre-season up to now.

Can't envisage him suddenly changing it a fortnight before the season starts.

But, we only have Forestieri, Joao and Matias who can play as wide forwards in a 3-4-3...maybe he's looking for another option? Or maybe it's just utter b0ll0cks.

10 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

But, we only have Forestieri, Joao and Matias who can play as wide forwards in a 3-4-3...maybe he's looking for another option? Or maybe it's just utter b0ll0cks.

Or.... Matias is gash ?     Personally I think a front 3 with Fletch down the middle and FF and McKay either side could be something worth watching 

Joao and Nuhiu in reserve,  with Hooper and Winnall to come back , plethora of options 

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Or.... Matias is gash ?     Personally I think a front 3 with Fletch down the middle and FF and McKay either side could be something worth watching 

Joao and Nuhiu in reserve,  with Hooper and Winnall to come back , plethora of options 

Not for me, Nuhiu is a much better footballer than Fletcher Think we could get better on loan than McKay as well

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Why would you play Fletch in front of Joao and Nuhiu?  I would think at the moment he's last in the pecking order.   Joao and Nuhiu deserve to start on merit. Also, Matias has great potential (if fit)  not many players at the club read the game so well.  

26 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I think we must have a list of players we need to be ready to try and get should we be able to and I think another option/more pace makes sense. But I reckon we may struggle to create the budget